Most recent stories

Shards

917917 views22 comments11 fav

But you're everywhere, how can I move on? It's so easy for people to say, Get over it, the ‘it' being the smell of your skin, your smile, the taste of your lips, always sweet and salty, like a carnival treat. Remember that neon night when we knew it was over, how we…

Target practice

787787 views99 comments00 favs

...it didn’t take much to just toss it aside and muster up some fresh bravado.

Last Stop

965965 views44 comments22 favs

So we stayed on the train admiring the time.

A salute to Poetry Month last and a hello to May

818818 views00 comments00 favs

Fleeting moments of tension free, Sensory glimpses of how it could be, A sweet easy rhythm in synchrony Is how it seems for you, too, to me. There's nothing really but memory, Yet promise of something's The world I see.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 40

10381038 views22 comments11 fav

Ben was dreaming of sex with Claudia. But, in his dream, he could hear Dan Arris calling his name and pounding on a door. The fear of Dan Arris was pushing out the delights of Claudia.

Tending Toward Inertia

825825 views33 comments00 favs

She meets her old dance instructor, named Ira, in the back of a bus that wheezes & squeaks. The passengers seem to deny the small clouds of white exhaust

Eating Jane

740740 views00 comments00 favs

Psycho? You dare call me psychopath? I am not some crazy person with but the thinnest belt of sanity wrapped around them! The world will know my story… they shall see! My purgatory... this dripping cell… pen and paper to capture the overflow of words…

Visitation

11251125 views44 comments00 favs

My mother looked up and began to laugh, it was a nervous tittering, but there was delight in her eyes at the crazy spectacle of our small black puppy eluding, probably taunting all these armed police.

Stomping the Big Ozarka Bottle Flat

11811181 views1414 comments1111 favs

I dream of benzene rings/ and polymer shrouds

Tiger Milk (Part 2)

12661266 views66 comments33 favs

"...easier to get milk from a male tiger than mercy from him."

The Shrink

991991 views1010 comments55 favs

Did they do it in pairs or all at the same time?

Goliath

815815 views00 comments00 favs

He glances at the other patrons of the café. He has the mix of middle management goliath and shy, fat kid at a school swimming pool. Neither fit comfortably but it's as bespoke as his suit, protective as fat. The arm rests on the table curling protectivel

Walpurgisnacht

195195 views22 comments00 favs

Μayday΄s evening, Sabbath of all witches : the moon, Earth΄s faithful sister, sends her light to illuminate the way as the great Grain Μother, Walpurga the Sky God΄s maiden lover transubstantiated now within the dolly as the Spirit of the Harvest animating…

Our Merchant-Ivory Weekend

971971 views00 comments00 favs

“A shibboleth is a test—a way to separate da wheat from da chaff that's as old as the Bible, but as new as the latest trend in men's fashions,” Gus says.

Or

11631163 views1515 comments88 favs

I paid the doctor / You paid the doctor

The Poet. Pt. 2

14131413 views1414 comments99 favs

for the rush of longing and brush with flight that is her imagination will surely lift her above the traffic

Interview With a Pimp

13141314 views00 comments00 favs

He went to the switchboard and rang one of the rooms. I moved away to a discreet distance so he could make his pitch in private, and soon he came back to the desk front. "He d-didn't like it much, b-but he said to s-send you up. Room 412."

On The Way To Shabriz

997997 views00 comments00 favs

these dead letters for you... and then they withdrew... something happened on the way to shabriz... my fingertips fell on their knees.

Cookies

943943 views66 comments33 favs

What was it about the aged and cookies? Here was another one that relished them. Sebastian's grandmother was a specialist. People on the outside thought she was a bird enthusiast. Grandma could be seen refilling the bird feeders at all hours. After the morning…

Sea Floor Fever

13821382 views1212 comments1010 favs

I'm dying but that's not to say what you think it says. I've crossed the river of myself many, many times before and wandered to the shore, broken and drenched and full of the fever of dreams. Each time was a kind of ritual drying of my newly born wings, to…

Deifying Gravity

965965 views22 comments22 favs

This gravity thing, I reckon, is enamored with me. It loves me so much that it has fettered me with itself.

Not Here and Therefore Everywhere

862862 views11 comment22 favs

Sometimes I try to hum / along with the air conditioning, / and pretend I do not exist, but am merely / the space that fills the room.

The Corridor of Men in Suits

115115 views1515 comments77 favs

...

Sex Change Operation

685685 views00 comments00 favs

Her condition was giving her the blues ‘Cause her gender, was slightly confused.

Boxes

11841184 views2323 comments1515 favs

I am long of tooth, too, and when I go, maybe a box with my ashes inside will join the boxes containing the cats’ remains.

The Little Dalai Lama at Grand Central Station

921921 views66 comments44 favs

He followed me through the crowds at Grand Central Station. Wherever I went, there he was, half my height, dressed in the characteristic gold and maroon garb, with a paper cup of coffee in his hand. He must have sensed something about me. Th

Autumn

10001000 views22 comments11 fav

I have never known how gold this time of year, With its palladium arcade, was, of the trees That do not sense the pleasure of their silence; Trees are egalitarian, they do not speak But concourse among themselves, consent to join us At this moment breathing…

The Light and the Likes of the Moon

10141014 views66 comments33 favs

The moon was out. A bouncing ball but suspended. I shall never have a baby, she said. I am not prepared to go through that pain. Also, I for sure would not raise them up if I had them with religion, which is just so much superstition. I'll be a fellow this…

Cream-colored Berets and Big Fish

15441544 views1313 comments1414 favs

Alone on the platform, I waited for a train.

Clara's Journal

2525 views11 comment00 favs

Not a true story.