Most read stories

Ennui

917917 views22 comments00 favs

I've done the math, it didn't count. All the days and years of endless boredom. Of waiting for the next best thing, trapped inside your mind like a lifetime prison sentence. Maybe one day we'll be free, maybe one day we won't feel so oppressed. But when does that day…

FOUL

917917 views11 comment00 favs

Dana Weinstein, whose pet dog died last year, has spent nearly $50,000 over the last six months to clone her precious Chinese pug, Yu, so she could have 'Yu Too'."It's definitely not for most people," said Dana about her extreme measures to recreate her pet. "No other dog…

Ornithology

917917 views66 comments44 favs

Harpo was there with his wife. Harpo’s girlfriend came up behind the couch where I was sitting, and I ran my hand up her leg underneath her dress.

I Knew Her Before She Was Kissy from Cadallaca, Even

917917 views00 comments00 favs

["Creed vs. discern" ... or ... "discern vs. creed"?]

Waiting for Lunch

916916 views55 comments00 favs

The banality of his own state of boredom, a luxury to be satiated with violence, to hack with an axe the exposed neck of his friend.

black

916916 views11 comment11 fav

my soul is black and it's deep like heartbreak and heavy as stone and as thick as ink and it is pressing on top of me like last nights one night stand like dead weight so that I can't lift my arms or spread my legs it feels like I am walking through mud but it's…

The Wedding Is Off

916916 views00 comments00 favs

I sat in the kitchen with the phone in my hand. The phone had just stopped ringing. When it rang, its screen lit up with the face of the caller. It vibrated and played a tune called "Dusk 2 Dawn." Now the kitchen was silent.

Writing 101

916916 views1414 comments1010 favs

looked briefly – glanced shouted loudly – yelled fell down – fell

enchantment

916916 views22 comments11 fav

I remember taking you to see all these sexy movies because it really built up the passion in you. I loved what you did to me when we got back home after those movies. That’s when we were just trying out our dating wings. I don’t know if you knew how

Migration

916916 views1212 comments88 favs

A friend's remark about androgyny, "it's overrated," she said.

The first sense of desire

916916 views22 comments11 fav

I want to own you, even if it is only for a few moments or a few hours, but it will not be worth it unless for that brief span of time I know that the only purpose of your existence is to be a woman whom I own.

American Passage

916916 views66 comments66 favs

The moon, a cataract cloaked in its charcoal fog, slowly seeps among the trees; night's unguent.Its glance is constant and white,its arc known. I watch its brow of bone with constant wonder.The long, slow funeral of America is taking its time; its…

Christmas Potluck

916916 views11 comment11 fav

"I see how little kids might find you creepy," she says between red velvet bites...

Listening

916916 views00 comments11 fav

I remembered every noun and matching verb, Simple sentences only, two words divided by a line,

Elk Hunters

916916 views33 comments33 favs

"Damn! All I've got is a hundred dollar bill."

Outing

916916 views22 comments11 fav

My friend and I were arranging the things in my closet because we literally had nothing to do but he found himself in my house again, which he described to me like a disease...

Interior: Classroom

916916 views55 comments33 favs

No girl hits hard enough.

There Goes A Green Torino

916916 views33 comments33 favs

I will be heresitting on this pavementon this blockin this neighborhoodwith my legs crossedwith a dogwith another dog with his bonein front of my housein front of the mammothsunflowersdrinking a glass of waterreading a booklistening to Discobecause I'm weird that…

Whataboutery

916916 views00 comments00 favs

A scene.

Shouting the Muse Down

916916 views00 comments00 favs

In the tumbled-down now there's too much material, culled from pretty boys that don't notice me and tattooed ones that do, and I'm certain there's at least one dreamer soaking eyes into me who knows all the twisted lyrics invoking pretty little horses.

Fourth Time’s a Charm

915915 views22 comments22 favs

We wait for a server to bring our coconut cream pie. His favorite. I hate coconut.

Elementary

915915 views11 comment00 favs

He, an irregular chap, Was known for his hat with a flap. Had fleet feet and a very strong back.

Prison

915915 views00 comments00 favs

I am trapped.

Gusts

915915 views1010 comments66 favs

a girl in a red cap flashes by

The Art of Joy

915915 views00 comments00 favs

The girl who was me stands in a sandbox with upraised arms, honey hair tied with olive yarn in two ponytails. She says nothing, but wants me to pick her up.

The Gatekeeper Of The Pathogens

915915 views11 comment11 fav

It was in his teeth. A blackness, a subscription to an outsideness, a painful contraction of burnt out trees scattered there among sand drifts and tidal debris. His face, lightly weathered and troubled, a tightness built into eyes of thought and separation. His arms, strong…

Fateful Day

915915 views00 comments00 favs

Erica was practically pushed into the dressing room, three dresses in each arm and a tag saying "6 items. Attach tag to doorknob and bring all items and this tag to attendant when finished" in her mouth cause she had nowhere else to put it.

Skindeep

915915 views77 comments66 favs

I feel a hand on my leg, and look down to see the little girl touching the horse on my ankle.

The Meds

915915 views55 comments22 favs

What don't they all do for us?They absorb, eliminate negative feelings and make you smile. To just name a few ... They make you sane, how insane it may seem from a certain point of view.But let me tell you this: I'm 1300 kms away from my family. I don't care much about…

I Should’ve

915915 views11 comment00 favs

I should've traced my steps. I'm lost in a sea of hyperlinks.