Most read stories

I've Been Here Before

10591059 views11 comment00 favs

I’ve been here before. it wasn’t you though— it was her before you, and then she before her … before you.

The Script Sucks But the Special Effects Are Killer

10591059 views11 comment00 favs

Victor didn't want to be alone, so he phoned Sophie.

Prior...More

10591059 views33 comments22 favs

He was drinking heavily again and complaining that there was nothing fresh worth writing about.

Meal

10591059 views22 comments00 favs

When they tell you to choose your last meal, it probably hasn't dawned on you yet.

BLOOM HEIGHT CANOPY

10591059 views11 comment11 fav

you said, 'watch it. i am the mountain,' so i aimed 'pause' at the VCR and believed. shook my legs, tangled your red silk to hold back the tremor. in the dream i did not kiss you, but in this story i do and it breaks

Lovers on the Lawn

10591059 views44 comments22 favs

One day, every girl I’ve ever slept with showed up on my lawn.

Mother O'Grady's Last

10591059 views55 comments44 favs

Christmas night was closing in at the Cantrips alehouse in Aberdeen, a firm favourite for riggers and other men and women who lived life close to the horizon. Sometimes, on a Saturday night, things might get a bit rowdy but Mother O'Grady would stand firm and bring out…

Old Church Slavonic

10591059 views66 comments55 favs

Because it seems never to be beginning, always picking up in the middle with it’s long resonant tones, which themselves begin as if they’ve always been. Maybe that’s why we love old, sacred music. And by we I, of course, mean my two-year-old Charlie and m

Two Brothers

10591059 views11 comment11 fav

They run nonstop for weeks. Between traffic stalled cars. Down forgotten subways tunnels drilled long ago in the cold earth. Past burning sugarcane fields.

in defense of assholes

10591059 views33 comments22 favs

No excerpt for you.

My Date with Edgar Allen Poe

10591059 views1313 comments88 favs

Now, if someone is tellin' you that she had a date with Edgar Allen Poe, you might be tempted to say, "Hey, sister, what kind of drugs you be doin' for the last two days?" But I swear on my Aunt Boo's chastity belt that's what went down and with my…

Sarah

10591059 views55 comments00 favs

Rumpelstiltskin cried because you belong to me;

Inside Out

10591059 views33 comments33 favs

Who hasn’t at some point of the day wanted to dredge up everything in your pocket just to see what it is.

i'll give you a large sum of money for finding my kite. thanks.

10591059 views11 comment11 fav

sometimes we saw it in the sky. we'd stand on invisible stairs trying to reach it. running like frightened geese. we were going to catch up with it. grab onto its string. pull it down.

Artist's Statement: Stepbrother

10591059 views99 comments77 favs

Mark Reep is that stepbrother you had a thing for, the one who turned you onto Steve Vai, Stoli.

Flamboozled in the Beak

10591059 views00 comments00 favs

I was looking for an inn to get a cup of calf soup before jacking ribs at the mutton joint. Feng calls, running numbers on an engine zone out in the valley.

Modern Fable

10591059 views88 comments55 favs

there's looks between the covers and shotguns in the drawer

Excerpt from Fantasy Novel - Work in Progress (1st draft)

10591059 views00 comments00 favs

From Faud POV 2 or 3...... Faud ......... The stillness and the silence inside the chamber had grown imperceptibly hypnotic, and the first indication that anything was imminent was a click on the outside of the double door that stood in for a starter's pistol…

Ready to Surface in All Respects

10591059 views55 comments55 favs

Our realtor is worried about selling our apartment. He believes it is a submarine. We cannot convince him otherwise. I agree that our apartment is a little small and more than a little cluttered. We have a lot of books. The sensation of standing or sitting in our…

Good Old Days

10591059 views44 comments44 favs

That night, when Nostalgia knocked on my door just before dawn, I had just enough time to catch her coat as she slipped it off and staggered into my apartment.

The Ballad of the Headless Bunny

10591059 views11 comment11 fav

I stepped down on what looked like a mouse Bloody and lifeless outside of our house. I took bag in hand and prepared to grab it When I realized the thing was the head of a rabbit!

Gun Play

10591059 views11 comment11 fav

The guy – it’s Billy Krazik - turns and aims at Jamie Stockwell, sitting there calmly as if he’s in the play or something and he takes two to the head.

Perfect Lady

10591059 views99 comments55 favs

I want to write a story about a woman who lies to men about her height.

How To Laugh and Be Happy When Not Drinking

10591059 views44 comments11 fav

That is the question, not to be or not to be Life, death, whether to be, all that is superfluous in the face of laughter and how to achieve it under extraordinary circumstances like not drinking anymore I’m afraid not all the alcoh

Kiss Me Quick

10581058 views33 comments33 favs

You, who reaches in, touches me in that moment of decision, and knows I’ll be everything you’ve looked forward to tonight.

Assiduity Thirteen

10581058 views99 comments55 favs

My relationship with Uzma exists on several levels, from basic to abstract, from animal magnetism to spiritual journey.

A Life of My Own - 7

10581058 views22 comments11 fav

The park is filled with tents, tarps, and supporting structures, along with hundreds of diverse individuals seeking a common focus, wanting to make a difference, expressing an abundance of opinion, verbally and with signs.

Things I saw before and after I broke into my neighbour's apartment

10581058 views22 comments00 favs

Before Plasma screen TV Futon Underwear (brief style) piled on kitchen chair Unopened mail from funeral parlour Water in the sink coloured orange with grease Desktop computer (flying toasters screen saver) Cigarette butts floating…

The Instrument

10581058 views88 comments22 favs

She wore no bra. As she jammed the truck into park and pushed against the heavy door, he saw the points of her nipples against her dress. Ice filled his belly, the most beautiful pink-colored ice.

Dark-Thirty

10581058 views1111 comments55 favs

The smell of garlic, soy, and onions/ exhausted from Skillman Wok/ perfumes December air.