Most discussed stories

Abby

10001000 views00 comments00 favs

The music is too loud in here and it's hurting my ears. I know some of the words to the songs because my older sister listens to the same stuff when she's in her bedroom and is playing her iPod and my dad yells at her to turn that crap down. I like my dad. He calls me…

Craigslist 2014

872872 views00 comments00 favs

Craigslist 2014?

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.4 - c.3

10741074 views00 comments00 favs

Azure felt tired of all her problems remain unresolved, and she felt this was a good opportunity to get one out of the way.

Pebbles

658658 views00 comments00 favs

On weekdays the two walked,The man in front and the boy always behind,Away from the borrowed house and the kachina dolls inside.Neither of them said anything.The boy thought of things that just wouldn't come out,and the dirt road was always just wet enough thatThe man's…

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.5 - c.5

10401040 views00 comments00 favs

Outside Natsume’s room, in the kitchen, Mrs. Saito and Emi prepared lunch. They were silent, but there were no feelings of negativity in the air.

Kog Zadare, only living person...

723723 views00 comments00 favs

The poems and the Lies of Zog the Obscure It was said of old, shut the doors, close the windows; get into the spaceship and eschew mankind and every earth and like Neitszche put it "wipe away the horizon with a sponge".Negative 272°C (or Not Yet Absolute Order For These…

Genocide City Zone

10451045 views00 comments00 favs

Welcome to the genocide city zone I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay We've been killing folks here All the live-long day If you want to join us You'll have to pay the price Your soul's the cost, so ante up C'mon and shoot the dice Welcome to the genocide city zone …

RONNIE AND RACHEL

809809 views00 comments00 favs

Silent defenders of penumbra one

Stay By Me (And Make the Moment Last)

903903 views00 comments00 favs

I imagine Gene Simmons licking a twelve year old girl that looks like Erin dressed in a dog collar and leash.

Remotary Publics Bring Stamps, Seals to Those in Distress

765765 views00 comments00 favs

Remote notary publics, or "remotaries" for short, are finding themselves increasingly busy as hikers and climbers seek help by cell phone or personal digital assistants from mountain peaks and white-water rafting trips.

Population Of

11301130 views00 comments00 favs

Dominic would show them all. That stupid "Welcome to Bessemer" sign was his. It was the pride of the whole damn town. No other target would do.It was the dead of night, and Dominic rode his bike to the town line. He briefly considered spray painting something vulgar over…

Norm Bladdon, Private G.I.

929929 views00 comments00 favs

I'd had a long, hard fall from the pinnacle of the profession. I made the mistake of accepting a mouse pad, coffee mug and a fleece pullover with the logo of Upchux, an anti-reflux drug, on the left breast where you'd get heartburn.

The Defective Detective : The Curious Case of the Kilchester Courier

21852185 views00 comments00 favs

In which Clint is sucked into a remarkably civilised but mildly deranged crime scene. There he encounters almost-blackmail, not-actually prostitution, probable-sex scandals, genuine-imposters & the very real theft of something incredibly important. Twice.

Arcana Magi Fifth World - Part 1

955955 views00 comments11 fav

As the four flew beside each other, they shared their stories and got to know one another. Soon they learned from the voice what was happening.

WHO'S RICH?

10301030 views00 comments00 favs

she flips you a smile and a white plastic menu, and all the blood in your head, and upper body rushes to your crouch, and god-all- mighty, space aliens from the planet Vanna White could be landing in their unnumbered hoards in the parking lot, and all

even dead body

829829 views00 comments00 favs

I'm a jogger of these parts, but I've yet to discover a dead body, or even dead body parts, or worse yet, discover that my parts will be discovered by some unfortunate jogger.

Begonia {part seven}

10491049 views00 comments00 favs

Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh; the rhythmic thrust of Mezereon’s wings…Th-Bumm, th-bumm, th-bumm; the drumming of his heart…Hooou, hooou, hooou; the exhalations of his breath…

The Ebsen Reaction

11201120 views00 comments00 favs

...the fatal bleeding-out of the love receptors. They call it “Juliet's Tears.”

An Introduction...

771771 views00 comments00 favs

"I don't hear anything..." whispered Hannah. We had just reached the hatch at the top of the maintenance chute. "Open it quietly, take a look around and if it's clear we climb out as silently as possible, OK go." Responded Pedro. His caution betraying h

The Undercover Kingdom

579579 views00 comments00 favs

If you had on pajamas with pockets you could sneak a handful of animal crackers upstairs, but first you had to get them out of the kitchen.

The Burning of Deyrolle or Losing Hugh

11991199 views00 comments00 favs

Deyrolle, established by the granddaughter of Jean–Babtiste Deyrolle, to house his scientific debris became a Paris fixture. A museum masquerading as a store and when casually mentioned in HG or when it was discovered that David Sedaris was an aficionado

Here I Am

861861 views00 comments00 favs

The paper in his typewriter

Empire America

930930 views00 comments00 favs

Empire America The year is 1929, New York City. Two hundred years ago the American Revolution failed, its founding fathers put on trial and executed for crimes against the crown. Now, as the Great World War rages without end, the American colonies of G

Lord of Autumn

18531853 views00 comments11 fav

Gordon He pressed the side of his face to the pillow and waited for the sound of birds. The room was black, the window open; when a breeze came the curtains billowed out against a lighter sky. He heard the clock. He heard the dry sound of Helen breathing;…

Arcana Magi - c.15: Chisame Murakami, Sentinel of Genbu

14551455 views00 comments00 favs

The water burst into droplets of rain and fell on top of her. Chisame laughed out loud, a joy that overwhelmed her as she repeated this feat over and over.

Same As You

872872 views00 comments00 favs

What would people say about me? He was immoderately adrift. Maybe pathologically narcissistic. A shame he dumped Gina, the best he ever did. In essence, a man-child.

As Anti-Vegan Bias Spreads, SaladShooters Fight Back

10251025 views00 comments00 favs

The Vegan Defense League is a vigilante group formed to fill the gap left by local law enforcement, who jam the parking lot a mile down the road at a donut shop. “By the time the cops finish their coffee and chocolate frosted donuts, we could be dead.”

Cole Porter Song Parody

13071307 views00 comments00 favs

A brief novel excerpt featuring two characters breaking out in song, with lines like 'Arabian knights dance sheikh to sheikh.'

The Monster

682682 views00 comments00 favs

I wanted daddy to stop for ice cream, but I didn't want to say so. I wanted him to stop by himself, or because somebody else asked him. If I asked him Delia would make fun of me.

Domestic Tragedy

829829 views00 comments00 favs

We never meant to gain their confidence only to outgrow them. They were once our best friends, the ones who listened, the ones who understood or sat across from us so we could see them nod. They leaned…