Most discussed stories

Lady in the Cave

957957 views33 comments22 favs

Life strikes another blow and away I go: back to the cave to sleep, read, write, dream, soothed by rocking chair therapy, spend hours on hours looking at photo memories, lighting incense and candles, crying, howling out the injustices smothering me. …

Aerobics 6 p.m.

14591459 views33 comments11 fav

Dizzy but still alive Inside this conversation I ask if you have a sister And if she'll know me If I'm with you.

Meander

12401240 views33 comments33 favs

Things are a little out of hand. Information fills room after room after room. I have no bloody idea where I am. I have your photo, but the navigational coordinates are difficult to interpret. Where the hell are you, anyway? I don't like mazes — too much like…

Life Experience

12381238 views33 comments33 favs

Karen likes to make a big deal about life experience. Specifically how much more she has than me. What that actually means, she's never made clear. The definition changes and mutates as the years go by, always in her…

Three Degrees of Separation from the Same Thing We Were Still Supposed to be Thinking About

13121312 views33 comments22 favs

It was hard to believe that, even very recently, there had been first days of school where nothing happened.

Sisters

13361336 views33 comments11 fav

She'd no doubt catch the guy's eye in the act, flash her smile and laugh in his face as an insult or invitation, depending on how she wanted things to go.

Inside Vs. Out

12631263 views33 comments33 favs

It is another evening of ordinary sand. The moon worms, all mellow and white, glow shine over the laminated floor. Shay's bladder is full, and protesting with a thump of ache. Shay holds on nervously.Last time she pissed tiny silver fish that roiled in the froth of her…

There's a Pube in My Coffee

11341134 views33 comments00 favs

Connor didn't bother to wait in the line of busy professionals, opting to cut in front of the sign that announced "Line Forms At Other End."

Midnight in Arizona

821821 views33 comments11 fav

I am in a war against the literal. I have sewn these words together to make a stand of birch. I wander the earth gathering moon shadows and swords. Kerosene dots punctuate the Dakota night. An apparition of words hops through a calculus problem and falls into a…

Reconciliation

835835 views33 comments00 favs

Deciding what is important from the life of a man that you haven't spoken to in ten years was a task that had seemed impossible at the outset. But now, here she stood, having done just that.

The Good Ship - Forgotten

10201020 views33 comments22 favs

As I gripped the wheel and stared at the expanse above my head, my compass spun wildly. Something wasn't quite right

Arrivals

10051005 views33 comments11 fav

The poppers, the Viagra, the chorizo – all had been ordered and all had arrived.

What People Do With Their Hands

11501150 views33 comments33 favs

I said, “If this rose doesn't grow another petal in twenty minutes, I'm burning down the neighborhood.” “Just let it go,” said Paul. “No,” I said. “That's what's happening right here.” “You'll try again next…

Sink

10561056 views33 comments33 favs

Waking in the middle of the night, tangled in the hotel sheets, I wanted to hear the story again: their pilot friend, the war, his specialty. "It's just a screw, son," Dad said, "nothing exotic."

Motel 6

12241224 views33 comments22 favs

He lit another reed - a new score orchestrating in his head - his thoughts swirling around the older man; there was something else going on here…

Poem: Admonition

11331133 views33 comments22 favs

"Why, before the summer has passed You won’t remember her name. . ."

Skins of my past

767767 views33 comments11 fav

The past follows, battered, bruised, always behind

Looking for Comments

10311031 views33 comments22 favs

So do you read my writing?I text youI need to know whatyou like betterThe bloodor the gutsThat's what it is.You see Iput it out therefor you.That's not what it saysbut I know the truth.Am I smart enoughgood enoughdo you think it's crapbecause anyone can like it…

Hello, My Name Is James, And I Am An Asshole

16611661 views33 comments00 favs

By my calculations, all hell is uncoiling. At the moment, this fact is not really obvious to anyone, but I'm confident that will change soon enough.

almost

677677 views33 comments00 favs

The only time Terry and I came close to fucking, when she was still underage, I mean, was once when I went to see her at somebody’s apartment where she was baby-sitting. She invited me over to have pizza, I think. Of course, I brought beer. And we start

Discuss

11651165 views33 comments22 favs

... her hair spills like spinach all the way down to her backpack, the top pocket where the bowl and the cinnamon estrange themselves from the coffee.

Loose End

540540 views33 comments11 fav

With the crash of a hard drive his world / was destroyed

Dongs

12211221 views33 comments22 favs

[YOU BETTER BE READY FOR THIS!]

Dear Carl

20822082 views33 comments00 favs

keep your fiberwigs in check

A Body Divided, 4

13681368 views33 comments00 favs

After surviving the first night in the hospital, I was put into a shared room to save on expenses, and to make room for the deluge of new cases that were coming in, and that was when I made friends with my roommate, Tommy. He was a boy about the sam

To The Guy Who Sat Next To Me On The Flight Home From Amsterdam

985985 views33 comments00 favs

I guess you felt more comfortable holding your Moby Dick

Double Vision

956956 views33 comments22 favs

To conceive of them separated was unthinkable to every wet-eyed soul at the burial.

A Life of My Own - 5

11101110 views33 comments11 fav

angels give them names of important people, people under the control of evil demons whose influence must be negated at all cost if humanity is to survive into the future and achieve its ultimate potential.

No Homo

11051105 views33 comments22 favs

We were talking in the dark in my room. He lay on a mattress on the floor. He came for a sleepover.

One of Them

11351135 views33 comments00 favs

Who the hell wasn’t aware by now? What about prostate cancer awareness? One out of six men got prostate cancer, but you didn’t hear them whining. They weren’t waving blue ribbons in your face.