Recommended stories

A Pita Full Tale

587587 views00 comments00 favs

My distinguished white-haired boss sat behind a table at the entrance of the building and gave me a forbidding look. You’re fired, he said. Get out.

The Story Teller

678678 views00 comments00 favs

I would read her stories on quiet summer days as we sat along the river, just the two of us stretched out in the tall grass, hidden in the shade of the pine trees lining the banks of the Mullica while a gentle breeze cooled our skin. She liked the way I read to…

The Heart

838838 views00 comments00 favs

Oh, I cant stop singingThis human heart beatingWhat people say do not interest meAs much what goes on in their heartsThe heart is were they are really atNo matter what they saySome call it the IdSome call it the subconscious Some call in the willSome call it the…

The Devil Line is a Violin (ELECTRIC DELIRIUM 1.1)

955955 views00 comments00 favs

Rosea plays a bohemian plainsong for the cosmonauts among us, while her fuzzy apple hips spit glitter, spin strobes: pink shades of pantyline flicker; lip-licked neon hues scrape strings in B sharp, a gloomy clue.

Artesian Moon

12531253 views00 comments00 favs

If you want job security on this planet, you'd better study art.

"A Wedding Feast" (a lost parable of Jesus)

889889 views00 comments00 favs

There was much joy in Galilee, for it was not often that two marriages, not merely one, were celebrated in one ceremony.

Scenario

614614 views00 comments00 favs

She was nice. From the first sight, I already knew that. Someone will easily recognize her eyes. Her eyes are playful. I like game. “If you'd been told that you would die tomorrow, how'd you do?” She asked. I had no…

Storm Chasers

944944 views00 comments00 favs

“Okay,” I say, “but my point is the only way you’d ever know if someone really loved you is if they put their life on the line when it counts. Otherwise you gotta take their word for it.”

Arcana Magi Behind the Scenes: The Rule of Mana Ver 2.0

12141214 views00 comments00 favs

A Nonfiction behind the scenes look at how Mana works in the world of Arcana Magi.

Wonder Woman

10621062 views00 comments00 favs

Not every day a battle is won.

Christ's Fingertips

885885 views00 comments00 favs

they could be barefoot bastard children for somebody else to clothe

High Tide, Low Time

944944 views00 comments00 favs

The shoreline was further inland than he remembered, a good thirty feet or so since his last visit. He stood in waist deep water — the waves of the emerald green Gulf tumbling upon his pale white torso. He had always been disappointed with the beach as a child.…

Check

806806 views00 comments00 favs

My toes curled together under the pathetic rag of a bedsheet, the frost creeping in through the two-inch deformity of the window on the left wall. I was tempted to sneak a glance at them to insure that they weren't black, but then decided that I'd…

Beowulf in Hell

898898 views00 comments00 favs

They strung him up, stowed on the balcony, and beat him with sticks, and beat him with rocks, and bent his muscles, …

Project Undeath (Work in Progress)

879879 views00 comments00 favs

The moon bulges with meticulous sick amber fire while first night’s chest heaves and sputters free infantine monstrosity from plague-wormed hovels, din mold choked grottos, and stale metal-cast labyrinth catacombs.

Housewives and Ladders

666666 views00 comments00 favs

In the upstairs bedroom, the faucet runs wide open, overflowing the garden tub, shoving water to the white tile floor where she lays in a pool of blood. A white package of forty watt bulbs rests beside her sink. A three step ladder lays on its side. The…

BORDER JUSTICE

889889 views00 comments00 favs

CHAPTER ONE About nine-thirty P.M. on Friday night, Mary Fowler pushed her grocery cart through the double sliding glass doors. It was three weeks before Christmas. The sun had set and the temperature had begun to cool rapidly in…

Hometown News: Newsprint Jesus (part 1)

10641064 views00 comments00 favs

I had enough judgment, anger and vengefulness from the people around me in the steel town of Pueblo, Colorado, where I was growing up. I didn’t need more from my God.

Morning People

10531053 views00 comments00 favs

she thinks she looks good in her short red dress, black makeup around her eyes, last night's lipstick a slap of crimson on her cheek. "like this," she says, holding the hammer above her head.

dancers: degas

671671 views00 comments00 favs

What we see is the aspiration of flesh to beauty not the fact, which may be ugly. That the light pours down on them, as they wait in the wings to go on stage. The cool and warm pastels separating on their flesh. Green and white above, warm red a

Sometimes, It's Simply a Nice Dress

720720 views00 comments00 favs

Clarissa kept bringing up a particular subject in counseling. It seems two years before her affair, she had accused Jon of being attracted to her friend Steph. The evidence that led Clarissa to this conclusion, started at an office Christmas party. Steph reached…

EQ

725725 views00 comments00 favs

.

The Monster's Other Face

774774 views00 comments00 favs

The yellowed and peeling posters of men and women with grotesque disfigurements under the slogan, “Know Your Criminals!” that peered down at him from the walls were a familiar sight. Everyone knew that people with faces like that were as monstrous as they looked…

The Old Man of the Mountain

591591 views00 comments00 favs

I care little for innocence. I prefer the breath of dragons to the silhouettes of apes.

The Fourth

915915 views00 comments00 favs

Stepping out on the tennis court, Mary closed her eyes, briefly. This is what she knew. This was her space; her footprints were marked along the alley and along the baseline and at the net. So too were Penelope's, and her rival Drince and others. And wh

Begonia {part ten}

11041104 views00 comments00 favs

You may be wondering, as is only natural, about the designated husband of our dear Princess.

Blood Quantum

10481048 views00 comments00 favs

I play in the dirt with cattle bones while Mother rattles the sky. She tells me I have my fathers eyes. The words come through bloody fissures in her lips.

No Rocks On This End

882882 views00 comments00 favs

Take a flying leap?Mother would never agreeSo away from the campground we sneakTo show the boy where I was a boySummer day shirtless with swimsuits onOne hundred degrees walking through the treesThe season early with winter runoffWater here still seventy feet deepHoping the…

Arcana Magi Cross - c.2

13501350 views00 comments00 favs

Ai noticed the red bead at the base of Tori’s neck embedded within the feather. It had the look of a ruby. She slid her hand over the bead and a tingling sensation climbed up her arm.

His Name is Chaos

10541054 views00 comments00 favs

Should probably be faster at the cash register