Recommended stories

Fun With Death at the Funeral Directors Convention

726726 views00 comments00 favs

“How about licensed-character theme funerals for kids who die young?” I asked, broaching a sensitive subject. “Do you think they’re”–I hesitated–”a money maker?”

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.2 - c.3

13151315 views00 comments00 favs

With Sora looking, they realized they caught her attention, but Ciel just turned away. Azure wanted to talk to her and let a few things off her chest. She figured they both could settle this through talking and move forward from there

Among the Young Aesthetes

489489 views00 comments00 favs

I found him on the internet the other day, His air laconic, the beard now ashen grey.

Easter

869869 views00 comments00 favs

This was how he circumnavigated people, bartering like a viking setting prices on the edge of an ax-blade.

The Thing on Marlow Street

865865 views00 comments00 favs

After all, if she could get through World War II with no more than a couple of letters and numbers on her arm, she could, sure as hell, get through this.

The Thrill of a Lifetime

949949 views00 comments00 favs

I honestly can’t say, with Lynda, who cheated first. More than likely Lynda did, because I know she was pregnant when I came home from college for the summer (this was 1963) and we had to go out and find a doctor who would give her some pills to get rid

Cymophiliacs: you are one.

958958 views00 comments00 favs

Let me guess. You're reading this because it's dark or there's no surf or you're at work dreaming about surf or you're broken in some way that prevents you from surfing. If I'm right, you depraved little human, then you have come to the right place. Here we…

Danny Casolaro: 64 Stories, Part 1

21072107 views00 comments00 favs

We will cut you up and feed you to the sharks.

A Lunchtime Poem

760760 views00 comments00 favs

Synthetic skin, eyes, and hair,I appear as you, yet without a care.Statement above is truly false,as I am programmed to experience that which I have not.Yet, limited by my programming - human frailty -these new experiences to have, I could not.Rewrote the code. Trial and…

The Art of Pizza

813813 views00 comments00 favs

He’d eaten every kind of pizza from the most sublime to the foulest.

Lotis

821821 views00 comments00 favs

1A voice scratches her ear: Come here, petal.Later: …

The Cake Forest

870870 views00 comments00 favs

They look like amateur beavers, all twenty-seven of them on their knees, gnawing through frosting bark. My wife is taking notes on a huge purple flower, listening to the kids as they shout out what tree corresponds to what flavor.

the struggle ever renew'd

854854 views00 comments00 favs

At the first door the clumsy research assistant from the Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology rings the bell and when the door opens Mr. Whitman says " O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring!" instead of "Trick or treat" just as we'd prac

Marcia's birthday party

953953 views00 comments00 favs

Her friend was a performance artist who gave Marcia a framed picture of her vagina, made with menstrual blood. At least that’s what she told everyone.

Danny Casolaro: 64 Stories, Part 2

11481148 views00 comments00 favs

Cesario.

Rechargeable Batteries

13401340 views00 comments00 favs

Was he really a Secret Service guy? No time to think now! Quick as lightning, Rachel bounded over the sleeping matron and sprinted up the aisle.

The Study of Professor Herbert Hand

827827 views00 comments00 favs

They say he started the study on February 26, 20—. Ever since that day, no one has seen or heard from him.

Tea Party

745745 views00 comments00 favs

The apple tree is pretty and hangs On it's limbsFull pictures Like the executioner songover the head of a bladeAt the end of a rainbow waiting for a cold cloud To blow away a daffodil And leave porcelain tea cups at the end of a dull dayLike doilies waiting to be ripped…

The Good Boy

10261026 views00 comments00 favs

I blinked the darkness out of my eyes and saw the man again; I could smell his breath. Just like dad’s. I must have fallen asleep. My eyes felt so heavy. I was cold. Why was I cold?

Arcana Magi - c.29: Without a Fight

13441344 views00 comments00 favs

Alysia lifted her head and felt Reya wipe her tears away. She looked at her friends and smiled a little. Happy that she was not alone.

Arcana Magi Behind the Scenes: The Making of Arcana Magi Universe Ver 2.0

11951195 views00 comments00 favs

A Nonfiction Behind the Scenes look at how the Arcana Magi Universe came to existence.

Slide Steel

10521052 views00 comments00 favs

Fat Patty sniffs the delicate waft of peat and sidles over, proffering a grope in exchange for a few wet-lipped swigs. Hell yes.

Suicide Draft

15071507 views00 comments00 favs

So, dear world, whose dearness I have never truly known, I bid you adieu.

suggestive lipstick

694694 views00 comments00 favs

Maybe in some lie you told, your life began making sense. Not mine. But your quiet beauty may be what carries you. We have to both quit eating Couch Potato Chips, and read the book Tender Is the Squid, instead. Your ghosts – they’re so soft and sensitive.

Pink Slip For Mitt's Mutt

769769 views00 comments00 favs

(Recently unearthed from a “Lost Luggage” travel trunk abandoned in a train station in Salt Lake City, Utah) Dear Seamus: Boy, we sure did enjoy having you as a member of our family all those years. I would have to say you…

Jim

764764 views00 comments00 favs

Jim twisted the skinny trunk of his body in a fast, violent jerk just as the cop grabbed the buckle of his left Harley Davidson boot. When the boot flopped off, Jim found himself sitting upright, ready to jump up and run. But then he felt the baton lock down on his…

Quitting Is Easy

11421142 views00 comments00 favs

I took up smoking just to show the world how easy it was to quit. It’s been five months now, and my wife is wondering why I haven’t yet.

Construction

654654 views00 comments00 favs

A tattered bird had a made a tomb in tepid water, it was a puddle near the framework of a half-built room— but the soul's a swerving tunnel and the dead are waiting at the end: all sorts of animals huddled at the fringe where littered pine needles stand and creep…

Upfaked Out of My Love Shoes

585585 views00 comments00 favs

A dirty-blonde woman in a little black dress, her face a picture of chagrin/ Was similarly looking around as if lost, other’s heads ending at her chin.

The Black Hole Cometh

907907 views00 comments00 favs

A few months back, Bob Delaney, the old Black Hole’s man with the plan (and more importantly, the check-signing authority), hired a young new guy named Gary — who had the unfortunate last name, Indiana — as a geriatric nurse at Bufordsville Retirement Com