Recommended stories

Truck, Medusa’s Hair Aflame, Young Boy Watches

921921 views00 comments00 favs

Air. But fire against the air. An interruption in the blue sky otherwise. Painted without a spread blemish or problem. Now there is a problem. I am roused from sleep. Sister says, Look. Look. Jacob wake up. What? A truck is on fire. What is? A…

Time

796796 views00 comments00 favs

The sky was painfully blue that day. So bright, so cheerful that attempting to look at it, to probe its depths would cause one's eyes to tear up. There was not a cloud in sight, just miles and miles of blue as far as the eye…

All The Right Steps

11161116 views00 comments00 favs

"I didn’t take my mother’s denial of my dream lightly. I wanted it desperately. I cried and pleaded, nagged and begged. On several occasions, I temperamentally got out of the car at a stop sign and walked. Once, my mother said that I was nagging her so mu

Exit Strategy

807807 views00 comments00 favs

I was still on track to be your average American with a six inch dick and a pair of sneakers.

That Old-Time Religion

807807 views00 comments00 favs

The road to heaven is littered for miles with dead sinners, or more precisely, the sides of the roads are lined with crosses on which the sinners are nailed. It has always been so, since time started ticking for Civilized…

Drummer Boy

861861 views00 comments00 favs

A door slams. The vibrations rattle through the floor, up his legs and into his chest. He can hear the yells, and the tears that mar her voice. Rat-ta-tatRat-ta-tat A door slams. Eyes closed while images of a life he will never live flicker on…

The Mad Ones

789789 views00 comments00 favs

On the parking lot of the bar, two in the afternoonYou notice the battered car, dented up body of a Ford escort,No hubcaps, plastic in two of windows,It yells a story to youA familiar storyHead into the bar2 O' clock in the afternoonIt's a nice, sunny, warm Saturday…

Arcana Magi Zero - c.5

990990 views00 comments00 favs

Alysia’s eyes turned to Megumi where her sister nodded. Alysia took a deep breath and stepped back. There was a moment’s hesitation, but she felt Megumi’s hand gripping her wrist.

Arcana Magi Zero Arc 2 - c.2

10041004 views00 comments00 favs

Alysia and Megumi made their magic circles, but they stopped short when they saw a young man at the end of the street. Their eyes trembled and their feet moved them back without thought.

Arcana Magi Zero + Pure - c.6

777777 views00 comments00 favs

The cubs from every Clan shivered at his snarl. The Elder’s presence was overwhelming, and level of pressure pressing down upon them.

The Chicken Crisis

850850 views00 comments00 favs

She's sure the chicken is having an identity crisis; it's staring into the full-length mirror, watching itself, a never-ending exchange of eyeball glances between chicken flesh and silver-blasted…

A Jungle Tale

925925 views00 comments00 favs

He awoke with a start. This was not the first time he did so. He couldn't afford these occasional bouts of sleep. And certainly not in the land of the Tsantsa hunters.

Girl in 'Nam (Part 2)

907907 views00 comments00 favs

A life in NYC was one I always dreamed of but I found myself turning into a bitter, sarcastic person who was losing the ability to see the silver lining in just about anything.

My Love For You Is Real

13091309 views00 comments00 favs

Caroline smiles before reaching out to touch a shapeless shadow dancing on the wall, closing her eyes as the bumps in the primer serve brail to oncoming dreams.

A Message from Your Local Superintendent Concerning Sex in Our Public Schools

13661366 views00 comments00 favs

Such behavior will result in no disciplinary action only: 1) if all blinds are drawn; 2) all doors are locked; and 3) loud groaning is masked by appropriate use of the volume control on the classroom’s closed-circuit TV set.

Abby

978978 views00 comments00 favs

The music is too loud in here and it's hurting my ears. I know some of the words to the songs because my older sister listens to the same stuff when she's in her bedroom and is playing her iPod and my dad yells at her to turn that crap down. I like my dad. He calls me…

Craigslist 2014

842842 views00 comments00 favs

Craigslist 2014?

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.4 - c.3

10591059 views00 comments00 favs

Azure felt tired of all her problems remain unresolved, and she felt this was a good opportunity to get one out of the way.

Pebbles

636636 views00 comments00 favs

On weekdays the two walked,The man in front and the boy always behind,Away from the borrowed house and the kachina dolls inside.Neither of them said anything.The boy thought of things that just wouldn't come out,and the dirt road was always just wet enough thatThe man's…

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.5 - c.5

10171017 views00 comments00 favs

Outside Natsume’s room, in the kitchen, Mrs. Saito and Emi prepared lunch. They were silent, but there were no feelings of negativity in the air.

Kog Zadare, only living person...

712712 views00 comments00 favs

The poems and the Lies of Zog the Obscure It was said of old, shut the doors, close the windows; get into the spaceship and eschew mankind and every earth and like Neitszche put it "wipe away the horizon with a sponge".Negative 272°C (or Not Yet Absolute Order For These…

RONNIE AND RACHEL

796796 views00 comments00 favs

Silent defenders of penumbra one

Stay By Me (And Make the Moment Last)

887887 views00 comments00 favs

I imagine Gene Simmons licking a twelve year old girl that looks like Erin dressed in a dog collar and leash.

Remotary Publics Bring Stamps, Seals to Those in Distress

735735 views00 comments00 favs

Remote notary publics, or "remotaries" for short, are finding themselves increasingly busy as hikers and climbers seek help by cell phone or personal digital assistants from mountain peaks and white-water rafting trips.

Population Of

11021102 views00 comments00 favs

Dominic would show them all. That stupid "Welcome to Bessemer" sign was his. It was the pride of the whole damn town. No other target would do.It was the dead of night, and Dominic rode his bike to the town line. He briefly considered spray painting something vulgar over…

Norm Bladdon, Private G.I.

902902 views00 comments00 favs

I'd had a long, hard fall from the pinnacle of the profession. I made the mistake of accepting a mouse pad, coffee mug and a fleece pullover with the logo of Upchux, an anti-reflux drug, on the left breast where you'd get heartburn.

The Defective Detective : The Curious Case of the Kilchester Courier

21402140 views00 comments00 favs

In which Clint is sucked into a remarkably civilised but mildly deranged crime scene. There he encounters almost-blackmail, not-actually prostitution, probable-sex scandals, genuine-imposters & the very real theft of something incredibly important. Twice.

WHO'S RICH?

10161016 views00 comments00 favs

she flips you a smile and a white plastic menu, and all the blood in your head, and upper body rushes to your crouch, and god-all- mighty, space aliens from the planet Vanna White could be landing in their unnumbered hoards in the parking lot, and all

even dead body

814814 views00 comments00 favs

I'm a jogger of these parts, but I've yet to discover a dead body, or even dead body parts, or worse yet, discover that my parts will be discovered by some unfortunate jogger.

An Introduction...

757757 views00 comments00 favs

"I don't hear anything..." whispered Hannah. We had just reached the hatch at the top of the maintenance chute. "Open it quietly, take a look around and if it's clear we climb out as silently as possible, OK go." Responded Pedro. His caution betraying h