Recommended stories

Morir Soñando

15711571 views00 comments00 favs

While Erik rubs my back, I fall asleep. I'm not lying on my bed in Florida - I'm face down on the pavement outside Brooklyn Pharmacy. And it's not Erik's hand smoothing oil of cassis into my skin, but that Officer Green's meaty one gripping me . . .

Three Little Ways

12111211 views00 comments00 favs

There are three ways I can love you, not even half of one more.

Galactic Bow Shock Romance

741741 views00 comments00 favs

Somewhere outside of the future I am seeing Weinberg, the duplicate failed mimeographed onto the front of ourselvescompromised composite grown from a codependent blastocyte talking to the boxes on the edge of tomorrow, collectiblecrystal lined folliclesharvested at the peak…

The Affair

704704 views00 comments00 favs

Mine lasted 90 days. But don't they all? After we made love the first time, it was early November, I remember, some internal part of me shot upward with a laughter that would not stop. Something…

Hollywood A Go Go

805805 views00 comments00 favs

I wonder what strange and marvelous events would ensue if God decided to build another universe and went to Home Depot for supplies.

Windows

10601060 views00 comments00 favs

The Kid, The Executive, The Doctor, and The Actress.

Black Night Takes Bite

943943 views00 comments00 favs

The Black night reached under his shiny silk jacket And touched the steamy leather of his holster.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 28

831831 views00 comments00 favs

Ben watched Monique disappear into the first-class cabin. It didn’t seem likely that he would see her again after this flight.

Fateful Day

873873 views00 comments00 favs

Erica was practically pushed into the dressing room, three dresses in each arm and a tag saying "6 items. Attach tag to doorknob and bring all items and this tag to attendant when finished" in her mouth cause she had nowhere else to put it.

Blurbmonger

679679 views00 comments00 favs

Rick is short, red-haired and looks like his head has been plopped directly onto his torso. Francine is six foot two, likes guys her height and prefers some of their height to consist of neck.

The Window (Part II)

925925 views00 comments00 favs

When we saw the window, we were impressed. It was so clean and transparent that it reminded us of a new pair of glasses, everything so crisp and clear through it. It looked on to nothing. Actually it looked on to the refridgerators and a few stoves, though most of the…

Tabasco Revenge

971971 views00 comments00 favs

Avant-garde morning sun floated through bay windows, the illumination cascaded and curled and descended the air ripples which emanated from the oscillating fan in the corner. Gathered on the rug the light hovered in anxious intensity. Suspended dust- jelly was…

Enemies Are Taken Care Of?

661661 views00 comments00 favs

You took me to this great salad bar once, down in Chicago, on a special date. It must have been for my birthday (how old was I!) I remember that salad bar. It was the only salad bar I’ve ever seen that had caviar. I loved that black caviar. They put it up

Leaping Through Flames

750750 views00 comments00 favs

I should have never gotten involved in such a huge lie. I was a poet, for God's sake, not a novelist. I wasn't used to lying.

Chicago

839839 views00 comments00 favs

For some reason in my daydream he would use the formal “ma'am” to approach me, despite the fact that we were in a swarm of sweaty grunting men in the basement that smelled like feral animal feces and jock straps.

Nora and Paul at the Coffeeshop

976976 views00 comments00 favs

The woman tapped a dark plastic stirrer on the tabletop in front of her to emphasize something she was saying.

MARTIAL LAW - LOCK DOWN IN PARADISE

969969 views00 comments00 favs

Six just left to drive 8 hours thru the jungle. They’ll emerge in a year in military guerilla uniforms. One guy threw up getting in. A friend writes, “I started a Free Mike Todaro Campaign. Hope to raise a couple of hundred dollars. We will, of co

chicken little considers the sky again

10411041 views00 comments00 favs

oh, sure i’m still running around like a heads-up/off/prophet/profit/fit trying to cut off my very own de/(con)instruction and all other sordid a•void•able & available/a-Babel towers of post &toastmodern doom/daze

Colours

849849 views00 comments00 favs

Not yet confident enough, for example, to feel free to interrupt, to suggest, to demur; not free of his desires his urgency (‘in the morning, fiddle diddle dee, when I rise’)

The Favor

11101110 views00 comments00 favs

“You did what?” “Well, the bike is a classic. Getting the proper parts for it just isn’t easy.” “You’ll end up like smeared all over the road doing things like that, and I’ll have to pick you up again. Geez. Watch out for this branch-” Bruce held

The View From Jeremy's Butt

625625 views00 comments00 favs

“The usual,” he says, casting implicit scorn on Boston’s B–or is it C-list?–scene. “There’s a TV weatherman who’s trying to impress a hot babe at the bar with the ten-day extended forecast.”

No Exit: Fantasy Football Edition

734734 views00 comments00 favs

Tony's is just a hole in the wall since most people get their sandwiches to go. There's a skinny counter, which was last wiped down during the second Clinton administration, and three tiny tables crammed into a corner.

Your Dream Advisor

918918 views00 comments00 favs

Every night I say "I dream about you all the time, Nae Ann," but the truth is I don't. I dream about stupid crap at work like air filters for a 2006 Mazda RX-8 GT.

White Lies

10481048 views00 comments00 favs

On these days, while Momma counts the money, we go to Blockbuster where we can pick a movie each, play on the playground at McDonalds, lick tall ice cream cones.

Men Respond to Women's Tennis Grunts With Armpit Farts

13211321 views00 comments00 favs

An armpit fart is a simulated sound of flatulence produced by creating a pocket of air between the armpit of a partially raised arm and the hand, then swiftly closing this pocket by bringing the arm close to the torso.

BEFORE THE NEBRASKA SEA

14041404 views00 comments00 favs

The unfanged obscene had finally caught him in the night.

Abu Arif & His Daughters

11551155 views00 comments11 fav

I cannot remember what the celebration was for, but the baby was at its center. We passed him around, a sweet smiling boy about seven months old. The age when babies can sit but can't yet crawl and their thighs get plump.

Myra's Mind

931931 views00 comments00 favs

She once told me that cleanliness is next to godliness, but I think everything is next to godliness, if you care enough to pay attention.

Western 49

543543 views00 comments00 favs

Everyday I take the Western 49 bus

Things I Have Done Instead of Celebrating Chocolate-Egg Day

991991 views00 comments00 favs

Read that bit in Alice about the mock turtle soup