Recommended stories

Event Particle (8)

742742 views11 comment11 fav

Forgetting fractures her body into a vast flower of fragments

nightwatch

754754 views11 comment11 fav

Breaking the cat's cradled cord she examines her fingernails. She notices a crack in the paintwork, sighs to herself. Makes a mental note to cover it over. Cover it over, paint over the cracks. There's been a lot of that recently, hasn't there?

The Pain of Memory

818818 views22 comments00 favs

It's awfulYou remember everythingYou never forgetEvery insultEvery bruiseEvery scarEvery burnEvery nickEvery blow You never forgetI never forget The pain of memoryYou think you forgetBut you never forgetThe dread of some wholly misfortuneThe pain that left you…

The Script Sucks But the Special Effects Are Killer

10391039 views11 comment00 favs

Victor didn't want to be alone, so he phoned Sophie.

I Am Wearing Stolen Socks

13181318 views11 comment00 favs

I am wearing stolen socks. Not because I haven't any of my own, and not because they are an exact fit. Only because they soothe my emptiness inside.

Harry's Hair

3838 views22 comments00 favs

Harry's hair had been in the process of falling out for years. He had tried every over-the-counter remedy and prescription available with no success. Over the years, his receding hairline had become a widow's peak, then male…

Everything and Nothing

11231123 views22 comments00 favs

Joe thought of Evelyn. Walt of Charley. Annabelle dreamt of Paolo in an autumn in Cordoba. Everyone who stayed at Mrs Jackanoe’s guest house in Room 17 and found the note also found some long forgotten feelings.

Blood In Heaven

933933 views11 comment11 fav

She felt the ants crawling across her arms, felt them digging into her flesh. The needle was still attached to her flesh, bruises lined along the stretch of skin. Her body convulsed until she slipped into slumber. The following morning she could no longer continue her self…

'Is This a Problem?'

13651365 views00 comments00 favs

London, England. 1999.

Mai Tai Daze

11541154 views22 comments00 favs

Some people hate Waikiki. Not me. Most hotels had lounges with live music, either inside or around the pool. Evenings were spent bar hopping up and down the strip, Kalakaua Avenue. The bars stayed open till 4:00 a.m. It was safe to walk…

'Danny's Navel Adventure'

888888 views00 comments00 favs

Danny is one of life's armchair philosophers, and in a moment of complete absurdity asks himself if he has ever been in love. From that moment on he embarks on a quest to find out. Follow Danny as he searches for the 'Pink Blancmange', gets propositioned

Encasement

13671367 views22 comments00 favs

A universe, all of it, was encased in glass.

momentary delay

914914 views11 comment11 fav

The clouds cried more than silver tears, this time.

This city like a squall

843843 views11 comment11 fav

Jackhammered men hollow out the building, cart away decade-old works of other men. Exterior walls stand. Rooms have been demolished. In another day see what came before progress. See trees. A squall is coming. Ask about the…

Award Season

886886 views11 comment11 fav

I made the List!

Ghost Dance

725725 views11 comment11 fav

Outside the lattice of snow suspended in the air comes with traces of the glitter that was in her hair.

YOU ARE A FRIEND, SEWING TRAIN

13871387 views00 comments11 fav

over taking the sky before near blindness, a clipping occurs

The old man in the window is probably scarier than he looks.

960960 views00 comments11 fav

It loomed -- unavoidable.

In the Opinion of the 20th Century Velveeta

10651065 views11 comment11 fav

The bananas are insured.

Abel in the Bar by the Youth Hostel

11181118 views11 comment11 fav

“It felt like the space under my skin had been filled with desert sand. I did not open my eyes for my body was covered with the dust. A camel could have walked over me and not noticed. I needed to wipe my eyes before I could open them and my body was froz

The Fourth Prague Defenestration: 18

721721 views11 comment11 fav

I went back to the Charles Bridge over the Vltava River and felt the plaque of the Wall of Gropers, and that was where we hatched our plan, in front of my ancestors. I could just feel their presence there. They would be with me, the Gropers of Prague.

My Darling Dead Ones

792792 views11 comment11 fav

Do you remember?

Intentions

800800 views11 comment11 fav

As Susan drove the last stretch home, she couldn't help but press the accelerator a bit deeper than usual. Her car zipped passed the neighborhood houses, which were of mostly brick construction, with two car garages and freshly mulched islands of spring flowers.…

Santa’s stuck

19491949 views11 comment11 fav

The lard-arsed ol’bastard struggling soot-faced and yelling. . . .

The Unpublished Writer and His Love Interest (The Painter)

11271127 views22 comments00 favs

When the writer expressed with subtle alacrity that he adored the painter, she was flattered and didn't raise objection. The writer-in his aloof manner, with experienced caution-pointedly wrote a poem directly for his muse. She never spoke of it, and hi

Mistaken Identity

12121212 views00 comments00 favs

Scott was sure his father was reassured by the sticky stains in his Penthouse; Dad found them when Scott was thirteen. Dad had just one issue of that venerable porno, which Scott defiled with his joy. It was not the Penthouse models…

Detienen a 271 conductores en un Stop.

12801280 views11 comment11 fav

Un consejo esconde un futuro desastre. Es como si Mar le dijese a Desierto "amigo...impresionante. Dejate elevar por la atracción de Luna y verás". Y Desierto le replicase "está bien, y tú Mar, deja que Viento lleve tus olas hasta el nacimiento de los ríos, es brutal". …

There.

855855 views22 comments11 fav

There: you see a woman who has laid hands on the man she walks with. Tomorrow she will kill herself. Let me speak her life. Born alone, without event. Moon, gibbous. Month, Julius, the tail end. A Leo. Many other signs and wonders seen to have been…

Fall

10211021 views11 comment00 favs

The rustling of the dry leaves when he moved even slightly sounded like thunder to him, and he was sure if any of the other kids from the neighborhood got too close, it was the noise that would end up giving him away.

White Noise

917917 views00 comments00 favs

I don't like listening to the radio anymore. Nothing is clearer than a live voice with something to say. Give me a big field with no one around but the birds and I will send the bees away from me. I will deny all bugs to buzz.