Most recent stories

Lifetime

129129 views77 comments55 favs

"Why didn't they just elevate the drug levels and kill her off like that?"

We Are In Our Thirties Now

959959 views33 comments11 fav

For years, Nina lived in an apartment with furniture that was silver or clear or metallic, she could see her reflection in every surface. She had an enormous television that took up one entire wall of the small living room. She and Anna and Desmond, Nina's downstairs …

A Bar In Time

16361636 views2020 comments2121 favs

Nights like this don’t happen often, nights when I wander the streets of an unknown village, dark and quiet streets that offer little in the way of diversion.

Texas Route 29

14111411 views1313 comments1010 favs

Texas Route 29 is not a straight line.It traces the perimeter of our own Georgetowncompelled west kicking off shit-stained bootsgreeted by green and yeller' John Deereignored by motley cattle, heads bowed weighed low with marrow-filled horns.A Jack Nicklaus golf course…

Conjured love

16691669 views1212 comments88 favs

Love heals. Lovers know this from the start, Yet they may not know with certainty What love is. Not that it matters especially When they find the magic within the power Of unfolding lust, Of redemption, Of unmitigated joy. There's a mutual…

Bile: The 'Sexiest' Fluid You Can Share with Other People

18321832 views33 comments00 favs

[SABATOGE!]

Kiss Me Quick

10271027 views33 comments33 favs

You, who reaches in, touches me in that moment of decision, and knows I’ll be everything you’ve looked forward to tonight.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 23

925925 views00 comments00 favs

Detective-Sergeant Claude Mulvihill sat in his squad car, which was parked on 54th Street in front of Bright Star Recording Studios. He had just finished the second of two jelly donuts and was spiking his coffee with three packets of sugar.

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.2 - c.2

11191119 views00 comments00 favs

The sound built up, louder and louder causing birds and insects to fly into the air. Then it stopped.

Christmas Presents

926926 views22 comments11 fav

There’s something Dad’s been telling us that I don’t think is true

Just Wondrin'

10931093 views1515 comments1010 favs

Ever had the occasion to wake up look at your watch and see it's five-thirty in the morning — after sleeping on the couch all night? Ever then gone to take a leak, trudged down the hall, cracked your bedroom door to check on your wife and found a portly, balding man…

Call the Cultbusters!

11831183 views33 comments22 favs

My twin sister Ilene has recently taken up with a man named “Darrell,” who is a member of the Shriner's Fun Korps, a motorized paramilitary group.

taken

897897 views55 comments55 favs

today somewhere by water this photograph of a woman

flash

970970 views33 comments11 fav

okay fine, on the count of three

From Solitas To Libramentum

10381038 views77 comments33 favs

Look around you, see what you have built.

Plato's Cave

15881588 views1212 comments1111 favs

Mick Jagger and I strolled rue Gabrielle in Montmartre. Our conversation spread from apples to shellfish. We stopped for some oysters. Do you remember a time when books were venerated, I asked? I remember a time, he said, when rock and roll was a fetus in the tank of…

First Thought

750750 views22 comments00 favs

She awakened and thought at first that the noise coming from the basement was an intruder, that someone was down there and might cause her harm. Then she remembered that the furnace had been erratic lately and had made some strange noises. She drifted off…

Novembering

12871287 views2929 comments1313 favs

Cinnamon and smoke infuse the days that shorten, chill, accelerate.

Snuggle

12541254 views1111 comments55 favs

“I’m tired, Art” The Virgin said. She was already curled up beside their dog, Lance.

Aflame

128128 views1414 comments99 favs

the only safe place for him was anywhere he and Barkley could huddle,

Trust

954954 views44 comments22 favs

I wonder if it was my voice or the words I was almost but not quite saying, cautious words, the kind that wander deep inside one's mind ...

Storms at the Door

831831 views00 comments00 favs

My Mother always said that a storm was death knocking.

In The Place Between - Conclusion

908908 views00 comments00 favs

You know what happened. You heard about it. We were considered unuseful to the Nazis and were gassed in those shower rooms. It was all over so quick; I had hardly a chance to understand. I really did not feel anything because before it was over, I, being

Assiduity Nine

11601160 views1313 comments77 favs

Don and I return to Rasheed's room on the top floor of the middle house where Uzma sits waiting to speak her piece. I'm feeling blessed listening to their enthusiastic chatter. It's like the world is opening up to me again, allowing me to experience a rush of…

More Bands Than You Can Shake a Stick At

489489 views33 comments00 favs

Bands: Free Blankie My First Dustbuster Sledge Hammer Glove Compartment Hot Weather Lady Cattle Prod and the Punks The Cowpokes Poker Two Fingers In Occupy This Tidy Up Goal Keeper and The Kneecaps Leslie Sweet And The Kitchen

All God's Children

875875 views22 comments22 favs

Momma wakes us up early while Daddy's still asleep, pulls out white poster boards, markers from the closet, and together, we draw babies...

Your Anatomical Gift Advisor

637637 views22 comments00 favs

Long story short, I need a new kidney and I very delicately approached Cheryl to ask if she could donate one, it was for a good cause and all.

Scenes From The Alternative Nativity

816816 views44 comments11 fav

The three kings decide to leave their kingdoms, all on their own without family, retainers, armies or servants, and wander about the middle east carrying valuable items.

Wounds & The People Who Poke Them

12811281 views22 comments22 favs

My friend once told me about this island of trash in the Pacific. He said that if you threw a piece of trash in any body of water it would find its way there somehow.

Quay 19

750750 views22 comments00 favs

Through by the sands and the rocks we were going and the lake liquid had tumbled the stones by the thousands so that while the water was still we could see agates and yellow jaspers and other or even the odd and misspent piece of rounded glass green or white safe…