Most read stories

Women Meeting new Men

754754 views11 comment00 favs

WOMEN MEETING NEW MEN up suddenly from a new fire we each rose up suddenly columns of smoke wrapping around one another parts of us touching and matching fitting and twisting tightly becoming one over this poem…

The Short but Fulfilled Life of a Dream

754754 views00 comments00 favs

It kind of reminded him of a giant, real life game and not virtual reality. He was weaving in and out of cars so fast that you might have thought he was knitting or something.

The Tomb

754754 views55 comments33 favs

His spoken words had reavealed nothing, but the far-off look in his eyes had told me good-bye.

The Despotic Elephant

754754 views22 comments11 fav

An elephant with fascist tendencies,And various exotic dependancies,Kept his eye on,That there King Lion,Frustrated by his monarchic propensities.He made plans to over-throw,Thinking the Lion's popularity low,But he was discovered,When his habits were uncovered,Which was…

On a Sunday

754754 views00 comments00 favs

It is always midnight in my heart; / and melancholy advances from handsome men / only take place in my mind...

Grateful

754754 views66 comments55 favs

What I had liked about Harvard before it showed itself in psychocareerist TV appearances and lid-down disingenuous printed psychotopical drills for maintaining crass privilege was the description online of its linguistics department.

Vivian Considers Vivian

754754 views22 comments00 favs

She's been considering her breasts more now.

Caleb

754754 views22 comments11 fav

CALEBHe'd get up every day,don his clothes and tendto rote ablutions. He tried not to think too much.Because he knew what that would bring --the tethers he lost; failed causes,the last lover, who knew some things.Instead, he kept his eyes straight ahead,marked time,…

Karmic Rip Cord

754754 views33 comments22 favs

For the kid in me who fell head over heels all the way down the stars, I wonder where you are now. Slack is harder to cut than you might think, I have learned. And assigning the middle finger its true purpose keeps me pretty bus

Event Particle (6)

754754 views33 comments00 favs

...something is pulsing in the shovel against the window and its pompadour of snow.

Job Needed

754754 views1010 comments66 favs

I have enjoyed three paid teaching days in Minnesota, since my return in 1996. All three paid days were fielded through S.A.S.E., all three at Patrick Henry. I loved it there. I hope never to become certified to teach.

The Nude Pianist: A Novel: Chapter 53

754754 views55 comments22 favs

—Francesco, said Zambrano, rising from his desk and putting his arm around Frank's shoulder. You and me, we're business partners. Regular capital crime buddies.

No Electricity

754754 views00 comments00 favs

I awoke mid-dreamAt that point between light and dark,East and west, young and oldThat no one knows or remembers.There was no electricity,No electric lights, no humming machinery.Only the sights and sounds of creationSpectacular in their simplicity.

Subways are Silver

754754 views00 comments00 favs

Subways are silver Taxis are yellow and Trees are green.

From T.S. Eliot's Copybook

754754 views00 comments11 fav

Thanks for the invitation, although you don't make the Undergraduate Verse Society Ice Cream Social and Poetry Slam sound very appealing.

Arcana Magi Zero + Pure - c.11

754754 views00 comments00 favs

Ayane took another look of the area and it was large warehouse. A loud thud vibrated outside.

August, now and after

753753 views1313 comments1010 favs

I'll see her this fall, a redhead in camo

Facing Budget Cuts, Schools Hire Samurai Crossing Guards

753753 views00 comments00 favs

“Out-of-work samurai have a choice,” says Bobby Ito. “They can terrorize local peasants at county fairs, or underbid low-skilled workers for menial jobs.”

Encounter with Lover's Daughter

753753 views00 comments00 favs

What happens when you accidentally run into your lover's daughter on a plane.

Acid Flashback #2

753753 views22 comments11 fav

I'm transfixed in Tower Records,all the CD covers dancinglike a thousand little TV screens.Your whispers a remote controlchanging those flickering images.When security asks us to leave,you drive my car as I slumpagainst the window.I close my eyes and transport usStar…

Reconceiving the Resurrected

753753 views66 comments22 favs

among and begin / bouquets

Alpha Three

753753 views00 comments00 favs

Jerry turned away from the window to face the box on wheels. Its camera would scan his face, looking for the answers.

Calling the Nurse

753753 views00 comments00 favs

The coffee cup was still full. Black hot steaming smoke signals climbed toward the ceiling, like blowing soot out of dirty bagpipe lungs. The mug exhaled constant and slow like the Fall, until room temperature crept from the handle around…

you weren't this way

753753 views00 comments00 favs

i was in the fields, i was moss, was sticking my head in the columbine

She Kept A Lookout

753753 views22 comments22 favs

Many years later, as the smell of charring straw filled the basket she was standing in, high above faces turned upwards to watch her fly, she remembered the night her fingertips brushed snow off the Alps.

Trapped

753753 views22 comments00 favs

They were overweight, diabetic, and trapped in a cellphone dead zone.

On Perfect Marble

753753 views44 comments44 favs

So the subtle shadow settles onto perfect marble on the floor of the ocean when the sunlight blooms over space and time but only in the near future as it has always been

Teddy

753753 views55 comments33 favs

I'd had way too many drinks. My legs were quivering. Everyone had gathered there in the kitchen, my sleek and attractive ex-wife the center of attention, all the men fucking drooling over her. Seems she was a yoga queen now, a vegan princess, a dancer somewhere. She…

The Rat, His Treadwheel

753753 views88 comments77 favs

The rat had been informed, assured, cajoled in order to gain his assent—duly lied to, in other words, by the researchers with not one tear of remorse, with no smudge or smear of conscience . . .

Communion

753753 views33 comments22 favs

I dream empty, the wind blowing benzene blue. Shards of glass. Barbed wire. Bricks crushing flame into notions gone quick, never painless. Is it my blood? In my eyes. On my hands. Is it for you? I'm not sure where I'm walking here. Walking towards what from. Is it…