Most discussed stories

Arcana Magi Memorial - c.3

12041204 views00 comments00 favs

Despite the light of the torches, the darkness around them was overwhelming. They could not see the walls unless they leaned the flames close.

The Torture Never Stops

946946 views00 comments00 favs

Who is the torturer and who is the tortured?

Five Million Yen: Chapter 16

705705 views00 comments00 favs

He looked for Arris among the patrons. There were a few artist types and professional drinkers at the bar. Only two tables had customers. Arris was not among them.

Has a letter arrived for me?

904904 views00 comments00 favs

“Has a letter arrived for me?” Billy sat on the third stair from the bottom, drumming his little hands on his Spider-Man pyjama bottoms. “Dad!”

Novelas (interstice from Black Swans)

894894 views00 comments00 favs

Insterstice: Novelas Four Sonnets Since …

When Horses Fly

14941494 views00 comments00 favs

Gerald's law practice wasn't new. He'd worked on the law review and finished near the top of his class thirty years ago. After earning his J.D., he'd gotten a master of law in taxation. His favorite cases required researching legal precedents, and he…

Selfgod

905905 views00 comments00 favs

Loving himself. Loved by no one. Loving no one.

A Thousand Words

974974 views00 comments00 favs

Photographs can create, both good and bad. They can create a way to make a living, but they can also create opportunities for black mail, divorce settlements and most of all they can create power.

Unsuccessful Assault Upon a Prey Thought Unsuspecting

569569 views00 comments00 favs

The fox sees a duck he thinks he can catch. I stop to watch: I could intervene with a shout but I let him play his gambit out.

One Billionth of a Lifetime

12281228 views00 comments00 favs

Bill was queasy, short of breath, his chest tightening. He was next. How he hated this game of confession. It was harder than going to a priest, which at least allowed a measure of anonymity. True, these were friends, yet, in terms of the game, he was vastly…

The Ruined Person

14131413 views00 comments00 favs

The pit of my stomach was bottoming out, this lurching sort-of feeling one experiences when one has coasted WELL OVER an abyss and has no way of finding one's bearings . . .

Atonement Circle

5252 views00 comments00 favs

When Roger opened the closet door, several guns fell forward at his feet. Most of them were rifles, weapons his stepfather had collected over three wars. Wooden bolt-action carbines, with worn leather shoulder straps, of this caliber and of that caliber. Both…

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.6 - c.2

906906 views00 comments00 favs

As Mrs. Saito put on the helmet, the copter got off the ground. She focused her Mana and placed her hand on the window, bracing for the birds arrival.

In black velvet

713713 views00 comments00 favs

I can't show you the territory- not quite yet, not how I see it. But I do have a map, a glorious and vain construction. It gives you a glimpse, a sight. I wish you could see it all.

Spirit Voices Saying Yes

955955 views00 comments00 favs

some are cameras, some are daggers, some are sauces pans, others are swords, and some will run off and others will burn a hole into the spot which they land.

Relationship Status

747747 views00 comments11 fav

I would use your towel,

George H.W. Bush

813813 views00 comments00 favs

George H.W. Bush took his cock out and began stroking it. “The Reverend Sun Myung-Moon, of course, is a good friend, and the Washington Times[1] is an independent source.” He…

Andrew

14041404 views00 comments11 fav

Andrew didn’t need oil and neither did his mother. In fact, the only reason oil was on his mother’s mind was because it was the last thing on her mind. He did not get up to get it, and she did not protest.

Moreneta

748748 views00 comments00 favs

Hold my heart the child in your arms The roses of April blooming, I bend down before you cracked and broke Spilled out like albumin.

Dear Zombie William Carlos Williams,

11891189 views00 comments00 favs

If you wanted to retain the ownership of said works, then you should not have died.

Sex Coma

13211321 views00 comments00 favs

If you were the ozone, I’d want to leave you gaping.

A Museum of Numbers

10701070 views00 comments00 favs

At street level there is a small arrow on which is printed “Museum of Numbers” that points up a long narrow staircase. There is a restaurant on the first floor. All the way up the stairs, the air is permeated with smell of fried foods

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.2 - c.1

12191219 views00 comments00 favs

No matter the guidance and support she received from her parents, her psychiatrist, and her friend; no matter how hard they tried to remind her of her humanity, Azure believes this chimera form is her true body now.

How the Species Began Again, I

13411341 views00 comments00 favs

Tina saw a tear escape from beneath the frame of the man’s broken glasses. It followed the contour of his cheek until it quivered along his jaw line.

Beowulf in Hell (in Anglo-Saxon alliterative verse)

871871 views00 comments00 favs

They strung him up,…

EFFORT

875875 views00 comments00 favs

From outside it looked abandoned. We lived at the top of a dead end hill. The grass was high and brown, the bricks in the driveway were crooked, caved in. The winter was mild; rotten crabapples, half-frozen, lined the end of the road. This was my house.

Bohemian Grove

805805 views00 comments00 favs

“Why, that's the faggotiest thing I've ever heard of!” Richard M. Nixon actually said. But how could he say that? Henry went there. …

Keep Your Man Crazy in Love the Redbook Way

13441344 views00 comments00 favs

You are like gasoline on the fire of my desire–you send me higher and higher into paroxysms of earth-shaking erotic explosions. Remember–the “light” catfood is the kind in the turquoise bag.

Seeking...

10451045 views00 comments00 favs

I'm subconsciously a sucker for guys who are no good for my self-esteem. Or waistline.

(4) Caution

970970 views00 comments00 favs

“You shouldn’t have gone inside,” he said, after she told him what had happened. “I know that’s what you’re used to doing here, with people we know. But he’s not from around here. Don’t go back over there, okay?”