Most discussed stories

Josephine Skinny Jeans: Chapter 4

11511151 views11 comment00 favs

They gave Lee a bunch of morphine in the ambulance and he came to vaguely, murmuring shit about God and mermaids.

The Lycanthrope Fun-Time Activity Book

11021102 views11 comment11 fav

an elongating boy with butter-yellow flecks in his eyes, and skin patched like a tabby.

You Have No Idea

968968 views11 comment11 fav

“I want you to face the toys!”

Let's Be Frank

570570 views11 comment11 fav

Guilt is a full-time job Without benefits No vacations No coffee breaks No free lunch No maternity leave No paternity leave All you get is the ability to be Paralyzed with guilt You will freeze in the night Without a blanket Becaus

After Reading Signs in a Club with a Dress Code

10081008 views11 comment11 fav

I like violence / because they refused to pay at attention to me / as a child.

bathing suit

12801280 views11 comment11 fav

The bathing suits are like Christmas dresses.

A Christmas Surprise

12301230 views11 comment11 fav

"John is going to love it when he finds out that it pees," Bobby said. Kelly laughed and dropped a towel on the floor.

Taking steps to ascendancy

751751 views11 comment00 favs

... in view of her sixteen-year-old step-daughter’s barely-concealed hostility, she held her tongue, as she had done for the past ten days.

Tattooed Hands

16591659 views11 comment11 fav

A 1960’s of walking sugar beet fields to remove the rogue bolters by hand and on other days painting the ironwork of cattle sheds with red oxide. Then a 1970’s when the self-inking explosion of tattoos on his hands and then his body began.

Poppy Birds

718718 views11 comment11 fav

Addictive plants... attractive dancing...

Where did the time go?

590590 views11 comment11 fav

It feels like only a month ago I thought about calling you.Feels like a week ago started an email to send you and didn't.A few days ago that I nearly sent a text.It is almost a year since you killed yourself.Where did the time go?

Riverside

977977 views11 comment00 favs

Talking to Shakespeare by the riverside, I am saddened by my lust for women, how my eyes fixate on the spit that passes from top to bottom lip as they talk to me.

Yearning

862862 views11 comment11 fav

He’d've been up there belting out the hymns then bickering with the vicar after.

Perdition

11651165 views11 comment11 fav

Colton nods, without words, understanding the significance of every word that the Old Man has uttered, knowing that in the end, given enough time, we all go down that lonely corner, to embrace the darkness, wishing to be cured of our sentiments.

What if god was one of us?

13151315 views11 comment11 fav

an old Black woman, a sequined black cap poised on the left of her crown of black infused gray hair.  A gray wool shawl that seemed to perfectly match her hair's color wrapped her all the way down to her hips, where a battered pair of blue jeans rested

Monster

11891189 views11 comment11 fav

My sister, Bonnie, is busy with the dishes as I enter the kitchen; I toss the mail I was sorting through onto the table and look around for Sophie, my four-year-old daughter. "Bonnie, isn't she ready…

Sad without Tears

921921 views11 comment00 favs

Sometimes, to be sad, you don't need tears.

Blank Inside

986986 views11 comment11 fav

She remembers the days when she could have purchased every card in the store and found the words to fill them all.

the menace from prague

11351135 views11 comment11 fav

...the dead have...communicated into the high tech microwave towers of modern Prague. And their messages now may mount to the stars, confusing millions.

My Girlfriend The Night (Vigil, Rain, and the Round Beet Sun)

878878 views11 comment00 favs

The sun was a red beet and it waited low in the sky but I didn't know for what reason. You could look right at it and forget for an instant about tenement buildings and hydro lines, or the dirty city in general. I tied my shoes and got some water…

~American Woman~

12171217 views11 comment11 fav

…like candy and puke on your tongue, the fakest broad ever, cruising like a busted prow, busted wheel, mast and stem, these stately wrecks and rotten flowers of perfume and the deadly bitchiness of the modern woman’s expectations.

Magdalene's dream

948948 views11 comment11 fav

That night Magdalene dreamt about Jesus.

Once the Excrement Encounters the Oscillating Rotary Air Circulator

512512 views11 comment11 fav

The film canister—with Camembert's thumb in it—was positively gouging her thighs now. When would they give up for the day and leave?

Detienen a 271 conductores en un Stop.

12871287 views11 comment11 fav

Un consejo esconde un futuro desastre. Es como si Mar le dijese a Desierto "amigo...impresionante. Dejate elevar por la atracción de Luna y verás". Y Desierto le replicase "está bien, y tú Mar, deja que Viento lleve tus olas hasta el nacimiento de los ríos, es brutal". …

Lost and Found

810810 views11 comment00 favs

Adrienne found her calling in Africa feeding poor children or whatever the fuck you do when you're in the Peace Corps.

Boston Artists Fight Gentrification, One SUV at a Time

611611 views11 comment00 favs

"I'm dreading it," says Kati Rivers, a visual artist who has lived in the Fort Point Channel district. "A bunch of fat suburbanites driving up rents and crowding creative people out of the little cafes and bistros."

Skin and Bones

11111111 views11 comment00 favs

She lay there, skin and bones, unable to speak. Little did we know those were our last moments togethter. How cruel for her, to want to share a lifetime of thoughts and feelings in those waning moments only to be robbed of the chance. My brother and I…

Extra Ticket

12641264 views11 comment11 fav

My best friend died yesterday. His name was Franklin Seever, but we all called him Lin. It started when we were in Little League. There were two Franklins on the team so Coach, who was my dad, called the fat one Frank and my best friend Lin.

Cosmicatholiconfession

566566 views11 comment00 favs

My sister walked in the room while I read Ginsberg / reciting the lines to Jaweh & Allah Battle to myself /sweating in the heat contour of my ugly body on the bed / the room the stench of rottenhumanasscracksemen

Jill Walks Across the Snow Covered Gas Station Parking Lot, Sits Next to Jack on the Curb and Gives Him a Cigarette

926926 views11 comment11 fav

Maybe adulthood isn't the destination I always thought it was?