Most recent stories

Flo Rida!

596596 views22 comments00 favs

Ida Ho

Accurate Appreciations of Current Conditions

649649 views00 comments00 favs

I appreciated the abject abyss / of my blue bowl / this morning and made up my mind / to measure how many times / I stared down / the dismal, damp / drain for the day.

Luz Maria

12641264 views44 comments22 favs

Although badly educated, and although the Michoacána fought to deny it, she held the complex notion that borders are not abrupt lines, simple artifacts of geography and cartography.

Binge Painter

188188 views1414 comments1111 favs

One week until the exhibition and only half the paintings were done. This was how Axel worked best, with a gun to his head.

Saturn Fell

763763 views00 comments00 favs

It is far into the future when humanity has all but squandered the sustenance of its home, Earth. Because of this, myself and three other candidates are selected to participate in a top-secret mission to retrieve fresh sources of solidified hydrogen from

The Violent Kind

10491049 views44 comments44 favs

But my point is, this isn’t a Thomas Kinkade. It’s not like you can pay me fifty dollars and I can drive to the Twombly store and buy another Twombly.

Armed

4848 views11 comment00 favs

The trucker saw his opportunity; he grabbed the waitress's arm and said, "Hello, arm!""Hello," said Mary Lou, "and goodbye heart!""Arrest me, darlin', this is love in the first degree. Tie me to a tree, make me write bad checks..."The customer seated at the front table had…

A Rave for "How the Sixties Ended"

740740 views44 comments00 favs

"At a bare minimum it deserves to be a major cult hit."

Testing, Testing

793793 views55 comments11 fav

I awoke sweating like a Mormon at an anti-bigamy conference.

WπHπAπT 2

21622162 views5656 comments77 favs

WπHπAπT with its pi signs denotes the way the inquiry felt and follows in strategy those inventors in language I estimate highly.

Prologue: April 16, 1970

12141214 views11 comment11 fav

The muster zone was south of U.S. 119, off the Halleck Road. The search began on a large parcel, some 75 acres of farmland, property of one Mr. Shakelford. Shakelford had allowed the earth to go wild; brush, thistle and small…

Who’s Calling?

859859 views00 comments00 favs

“I’m a sucker for a good first sentence but I won’t dismiss the whole work based on a bad one. Besides, anybody with an MFA can write a decent first sentence. You can’t judge the whole work based on that.”

Esther

10631063 views55 comments00 favs

the moon is the pupil of the cave’s eye

Changes

893893 views00 comments00 favs

She was sitting in her swivel chair talking to a girl who was her younger image, ... “Well, there you go, I’m a fire sign and you’re an earth. That’s just the way it is.”

Revolutions in the Sphere of Libidinal Economy

743743 views00 comments00 favs

He was unsure if it was Marxist fervor or some sort of erotic drive, an awry libidinal economy, after years of stasis and depression now experiencing stimulation; but he had this rule that when faced with an attractive man and a choice between yes and no,

Leaky Pipes

10711071 views22 comments00 favs

I was thinking everything was OK, until one day I woke up and realized that I was living on an entirely different planet, and you seemed like a complete stranger to me. I was feeling so ashamed of these feelings, that I couldn't even tell you about them. I couldn't…

THE MOON, THE SUN, AND RYAN W. BRADLEY (not quite a fortune-telling)

10881088 views33 comments11 fav

“That’s just Ryan W. Bradley—son of a bitch knows better by now.”

How To Make Potato Salad

57095709 views77 comments55 favs

Boil 8-10 red potatoes and 6 eggs in heavily salted water. Remember that the first chef you worked under taught you to salt egg-boiling water because the salt breaks down membranes between shell and meat, making the egg easier to peel later on. Decide tha

Deadheading

10151015 views44 comments11 fav

The cicadas hissed and chirruped until the air was thick with a noise like mechanical bedsprings bouncing for the 4th of July.

She Came to Me

957957 views22 comments11 fav

I liked her when I first saw herShe came to meI liked her hair and body and eyesBu there was something wrong with Her teethScarred beautyI hit it off with her easily at the barThe others didn't like herShe was a cookShe told me about her narcolepsy, ADHD, Tourettes…

missing item #7

11721172 views11 comment00 favs

in her bedroom, opening night of his solo show she is snapping her nylons to center the seam stretching from her toes to where the line disappears into the hem of her dress.

Poetry Hour at the Regional House of Pancakes

922922 views33 comments11 fav

The waitress appears and Fred gives her a big smile and th3 once over. It's no wonder he's had so many women in his life while I've . . . uh . . . read a lot of books.

Mental Energy

629629 views00 comments00 favs

‎" You know, the cure is not worse than the disease" Leon said to his therapist for the fifth time.

Insect Ethics

777777 views22 comments11 fav

Let’s just say I’m pissed. Indignant. Angry about living in a universe that appears to be utterly amoral.

One

817817 views99 comments44 favs

His will is whole, inviolate, and wholly full of possibility.

The Exiled Realm

859859 views00 comments00 favs

destinies bring me to a damned desert

Faith

12761276 views99 comments88 favs

... black holes suck in matter and supernovas explode.

Oyster

10201020 views11 comment11 fav

I used to love myselfin hidden burstsforbidden momentsof pleasure in my morning bedlater, I numbedmy senses and stumbled blindlyinto wild sensationsof releaseand called itecstasyintensity is a drugfear, grief, anger,as seductive as joy,makes the heart pump,the blood rush…

In Memory of Lost Things

707707 views11 comment00 favs

What they used to do is hide in the cupboard, and would suddenly acquire the philosophy of “whatever happens happens,” so that they would finally find themselves grabbing each other's body parts in wanton excess until they both explode under the weight of their…

Momma's Elephant

972972 views44 comments33 favs

...she had marked the stars with a blue pen, connected the dots to make Andromeda, Cassiopeia, told us of the gods behind the stars...