Most recent stories

Testament (complete)

12271227 views1616 comments1313 favs

Their nouns are few and stark./ Ours are numerous and dappled/ or subtly shaded and shadowed/ by circumstance and possibility.

Realizing I Have Not Moved From My Bed for Two Days

15141514 views99 comments99 favs

Quite frankly you are ruining my life. / I know you don’t mean to, but you are.

When to Say Pussy

11881188 views11 comment11 fav

I have hired a relationship consultant. He helps me through conversations with my wife.

Abletofly: Latest Drug: Read Before Use

826826 views11 comment22 favs

With Abletofly you will be able to fly and the feeling will be overwhelming! That’s right, Abletofly. A few warnings and precautions are in order, however: Don’t try to drive a car if you experience an erection lasting more than eight hours.

Faker

12951295 views1212 comments1111 favs

Jesus came strolling by in his sandally Jesus foot sandals.

Absinthe Drinking in a Bar in Paris

10921092 views22 comments00 favs

Half past six; already, through the gloom Saltwater flourish sifts from wharfs that ply Their play like girls that haunt the midnight's womb, As far it seems as walks of Barbary. Within the bar, French waitresses and sots Play dice with time awhile and rub…

Ancestral Flashback

100100 views1212 comments55 favs

...

Jacob Ellis in Journals

983983 views55 comments22 favs

i once knew a place where lost souls gathered. there were various itinerants and the ill-intentioned, the malevolent and hard-hearted. but there were also many good ones and that was a type of charm upon the area. good souls can be lost also, and this is what some…

Ready to Surface in All Respects

10361036 views55 comments55 favs

Our realtor is worried about selling our apartment. He believes it is a submarine. We cannot convince him otherwise. I agree that our apartment is a little small and more than a little cluttered. We have a lot of books. The sensation of standing or sitting in our…

Testament Part 4 of 6

761761 views33 comments44 favs

We once saw giants in the clouds and in/ connected points of stars, and named/ them, gods. We placed them in their high-halled villas,/ on the mountaintop, to game and frolic

Senior Center

975975 views99 comments77 favs

Some of the elderly men and women are coming forward....

How to Write a Poem in 7 Easy Steps

930930 views55 comments11 fav

1. Research how to locate and outline the chin of a toy terrier. Find a toy terrier, outline its chin, then count the hairs on said chin to determine the number of lines your poem will have.

Go Ahead, Be the Opposite of Love

500500 views44 comments33 favs

"Living is easy with eyes closed/misunderstanding all you see.'--John Lennon That's an ache that's always inside me. How you'd rathertreat people as if they don't matteras much as some nice sounding words in a song. Their voicesas less than an annoying wind? Because…

Bread Sweaters

952952 views22 comments22 favs

We sat around the ocean table and ate eyes on ham

Editing Academic Papers at 2AM

984984 views11 comment22 favs

To stop myself from imagining myself/ kissing you on your face, feeling your/ eyelashes on my lips as I pass over them,/ I imagine myself murdering you with/ an axe instead...

Boss Gloss

4242 views11 comment11 fav

Short-short fiction

Chop Your Own Firewood and Learn To Juggle: Advice I'm Going To Ignore From "Life's Little Instruction Book"

49444944 views1313 comments88 favs

"Life's Little Instruction Book." There are some words of wisdom here that I plan to ignore.

Diamond Dash

854854 views33 comments11 fav

I pointed to the strange man. “Who’s this?” I said. Ethan looked puzzled. “That’s a man with his head on fire.”

Writer's Block? Get Nacreous!

813813 views33 comments11 fav

If you have writer’s block, it may be because your childhood wasn’t unhappy enough, but there’s nothing you can do about that now, is there?

Weeks

890890 views11 comment00 favs

She was wearing a black tank top and jeans, standing in the shade. Why was she there again? The camera hanging around her wrist answered her question. Right, he had called. He had asked if she could take picture for him and his…

Full of it

746746 views00 comments00 favs

My life isn't exactly what you'd call glamorous. Hell it's not even good. Not like that bathroom cabinet, getting cleaned every other day and handled like it's made of glass.No, my life is literally full of shit. They come, they sit, they shit. On the good days, I'm lucky…

Chimera (a wild and unrealistic dream or notion)

17521752 views1010 comments1010 favs

... while I lie, cool as a nectar cream snowball, in my Maggie The Cat slip, painting my toenails a color called Bad Influence

Testament Part 3 of 6

803803 views66 comments44 favs

Against that, this testament, scratched/ with misshapen styluses, made/ from memory by unskilled hands,/ with a pallid memory of ink.

On Strike in the City

745745 views11 comment11 fav

The first day of the Steamfitters and Pipewranglers Local 175 strike was exhilarating. Every man (accurate; there were no women in the union) showed his support outside the Willgarden High Rise Corporation's company headquarters on Fifth Avenue, shaking unreadable signs…

Nascent Talk with the Gypsy

803803 views55 comments22 favs

She was having a laugh, but I didn't know what about. We were sitting in a big house that was on the top of a large incline. All these books were scattered around, and the walls and the kitchen, the doors and the quarter round and every other thing, was old and…

Fulton Flapper

10841084 views33 comments22 favs

The Italian was late. She was supposed to come into the store, meet him in the back, and arrange to take the last of his liquor.

Dina Goes to Belfast

888888 views00 comments11 fav

Dina was a woman obsessed. She had endured a three hour layover in Chicago and another four in Heathrow for this. (The flight she had enjoyed with a few glasses of red and an HGTV show about plumbing that she could watch again and again.) She had staked out this corner of…

Jill Walks Across the Snow Covered Gas Station Parking Lot, Sits Next to Jack on the Curb and Gives Him a Cigarette

921921 views11 comment11 fav

Maybe adulthood isn't the destination I always thought it was?

Wonderland

10821082 views44 comments44 favs

The bartender kept looking at himself in the mirror behind the bar. “Everyone in Hollywood is an actor,” Doc said.

Cumulo Nimbus

3737 views11 comment11 fav

Un-rhymed free verse