Alphabetical stories

Quinine Tablets

919919 views1212 comments66 favs

a little bitter for the better

Quintet in a Minor Key Near the End of Time

960960 views1818 comments1010 favs

The one thing I believe in is collapse./ Abandoned buildings collapse. Civilizations// collapse. Financial bubbles collapse./ Stars and galaxies collapse. Falling// is something that comes quite naturally/ to puffed up things.

Quintet in a Natural Key

906906 views1010 comments77 favs

I like the cool and dark beneath my rock./ It protects me from the glare and scorch/ of noonday sun and the chilling shadows/ of midnight moon.

Quips of a Questionable Quality by an unnamed Lady of Substantial Assets

810810 views11 comment00 favs

Author's Note: I will assuredly persist in this pretentious literary endeavor-my first admittance of honest intentions-unless I am taken violently ill, a disapproving rodent chews through these pages, or I forget.

Quit Complaining, Willya!

808808 views00 comments00 favs

"You think life is supposed to be easy? Whoever told you that? My life is anything but easy; still you don't hear me whining all over the place. And, trust me, I could teach you a thing or two about suffering.

Quittin' Ain't Easy

967967 views1616 comments55 favs

Hey, Y'all! Like I told y'all, I checked myself into this what you call a “ facebook Rehab Clinic” up here just about 40 miles outside of Kalispell, Montana in a little town called Gulag. I quit MySpace and that got me a reduced rate. Things are…

Quitting

16711671 views2828 comments1717 favs

If you outlive me, she said, it won't be because I smoke but because of what you put me through when you quit.

Quitting

10731073 views1313 comments33 favs

—It’s difficult to say, he said. I have mood swings. Women don’t like that. They become upset.

Quitting

13351335 views1616 comments1515 favs

The dancer was a little chubby, but I didn't mind. It gave her more to shake.

Quitting Is Easy

11411141 views00 comments00 favs

I took up smoking just to show the world how easy it was to quit. It’s been five months now, and my wife is wondering why I haven’t yet.

Quitting Smack

975975 views66 comments33 favs

I figured he knew what he was doing–he was the crazy one, after all, not me–so we took turns snorting lines of equal volume.

Quitting Smoking

20912091 views2525 comments1111 favs

After the affair was over, she told her husband she’d been smoking. Obviously he didn’t know, but he knew. One can never hide the fact that one has been smoking. He said he could smell it on her.

Quixote Bronson, Savior of Neglected Suburban Housewives

803803 views22 comments00 favs

Saturday night in the suburbs west of Boston. As Pancho Sanza and I drift wearily from one upscale restaurant to another, we see an endless parade of husbands whose indifference to their wives borders on cruelty.