Alphabetical stories

Of Dreams that Dance and Die, Before the Drums

10861086 views22 comments11 fav

At eight o' clock: as, drawn by many bells, The patchwork congregation lopes and stalks, To churches far from serenade of shells To storms, we leave behind the windblown walks, And sails of youth, to glide through liquid hells, A temporal…

Of Life

13111311 views1313 comments77 favs

beware the slice of the knife cutting like a curious comet blasting through solar systems down the throat of the bad ass milky way

of love and death

798798 views33 comments22 favs

- I wish I were taller. - You also wish I never die.- What´s your point?- Santa Claus must really hate you.------ What´s the most ridiculous thing someone´s ever asked you?- Please never die. - But you promised!------ I just want to go to sleep, I´m…

Of Metastatic Analogues in the Brassicaceae Family

659659 views44 comments22 favs

Yellow glioblastoma in a vegetable brain-stem..Gentlemen, I give to you the cauliflower.

Of Mugs and Men

14591459 views44 comments22 favs

I want to break that mug. (Break him.)

Of Poems About Figs and Farts

750750 views00 comments00 favs

When Prince Rainier III asked an expert whether there was a literature of Monaco, her research produced only a suggestive ode to a fig and a poem about a fart.

Of Roses and Hyacinths

910910 views44 comments33 favs

The blooms are practical/ and cannot see themselves

Of Soulful Cheese and Melted Needs

14121412 views55 comments11 fav

Two fine-young-things scan the menu board of In-N-Out Burger off Interstate 101. Dressed like twins -- hoop earrings, tank-tops and mini-skirts, ballet pumps — you could hardly tell them apart, except for their Cleopatra and Marilyn Manson hairstyles. As they…

Of the FTC and the Human Condition

875875 views1313 comments88 favs

Humanity comes without a choice

Of the smokers I’ve kissed

12961296 views33 comments11 fav

The man next to me on the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto makes me think of the smokers I’ve kissed.

Of the Terrible Angels and Their Fleshy Conduits

860860 views1515 comments99 favs

Other pathways are more satisfactory. They are more closely attuned to music of the other world. Even so, the heat eventually burns them up.

Of Tongue and Cheek

10121012 views1616 comments1313 favs

Our beautiful currencies and stamps/ disappear into the digital vortex/ of accelerated appetites.

Off Day

13001300 views77 comments33 favs

The world is having an off day. The sun is now lavender in color, soft on the eyes, and we stare at the new sun all day without ill effect.

Off Island

10721072 views1010 comments66 favs

There were only six passengers aboard the small ferry...

Off of the Train His Mother He Threw a Kiss

681681 views00 comments00 favs

Off of the train, endlessly rocking, He threw his mother a kiss.

Off Shoots

947947 views22 comments22 favs

My name is Lassie.

Off the Grid

10971097 views1212 comments88 favs

The slicing is easy. Blade barely touching skin, flesh separating into two clean parts. A breath, and blood fills in the space, an old friend materializing in the shadows. I am redolent with hope and desire. I can't stop thinking of how he excised himself from my…

Off the Map

13211321 views11 comment00 favs

It's difficult to remember, much less write down, the hard times you thought were unforgettable when you have a full stomach. It's hard to remember that dirty little room you rented in that house, from a Bosnian landlord, on 27th avenue and Missouri. The…

Off the Record

909909 views1414 comments55 favs

“In other words you're going to lie through your teeth..."

Off the record

18531853 views2020 comments88 favs

Writers, hopeful ones, hopeless ones, poets and petty penmen, worked as bartenders, librarians, substitute teachers, anything.

Off the Wall

868868 views1010 comments33 favs

[...] in the living room above the fire, someone had gouged a letter A on the wall.

Off We Go Then

907907 views55 comments55 favs

Wish more than ever there was a more perfect way to mean everything I say. If I could I'd certainly walk all my words right up to your face now and give them over, hand to hand so to speak. That's the point at which I'd very much…

Office M

12341234 views1515 comments77 favs

It is a sunny day in the autumn of the patriarch.

Office Politics

22002200 views11 comment11 fav

The summer of 1974, between high school and college, I got my first real job, paid corporate employment. My mother couldn't stand having me underfoot, sitting around all day, watching TV. She drove me in the family station wagon to a temporary secretarial agency. I told…

Office Visit

11181118 views1212 comments99 favs

I was at the doctor's office, having my blood drawn. I was talking to the medical assistant. She was tying off my arm to tap my vein. She was almost 8 months pregnant with a girl, though her belly stuck out straight in front of her enough to be told she was having a boy.…

Officer Friendly

14111411 views66 comments44 favs

The last time Ray and I broke up, I flew my flag at half-mast. It was the kind of thing that pissed him off. He was very big on flag etiquette: how the flag should be folded, the fact that it should never touch the ground, when to fly it at half-mast, the rules regarding…

Often I think on who pulls the strings,

15611561 views77 comments66 favs

In a plush leather chair, / high up a shiny skyscraper,

Oh Captain, Good Captain: Part I

903903 views00 comments00 favs

I once knew a sailor...

Oh Captain, Good Captain: Part II

781781 views00 comments00 favs

As the waves rapped in query I studied some words so sad Words she likely knew Words seemed so pale ‘That is not it, at all That is not what I meant at all' Is this what she thought? She leaves needle and thread Down here for dead A fondness for…

Oh Captain, Good Captain: Part III

813813 views00 comments00 favs

His hands are just like mine The crook of his nose The green of his glare Pearls of his mouth The soft strength of his voice Those diligent digits The brick of his build The grim complexion of father She fell for familiar A man just like me …