Most recent stories

Five Million Yen: Chapter 11

904904 views00 comments00 favs

Ben was stuck between sweet essences and rancid Talmudic funk. It was going to be a long trip.

Good LAWD does that look like Malarky!

752752 views00 comments00 favs

Tough shit if it looks like shit I heard that voice say as I reviewed my blog...How ya gonna fix it, stop and see every time ya write a line? Well FUCK YOU anyway! That's what my A.D.D. said - WOW! DID YOU SEE THAT?! - as it perched upon one shoulder, overlooking…

I am very few of the things I used to be

780780 views11 comment00 favs

Focusing on reflections of clear lines on scummed glass, reflexes not quite as fast as they used to be, seeing things but not clearly, straining, these muscles worn out servos, grunting, can't quite bring things together, but why do this to yourself. More pointless than…

Sometimes, It's Simply a Nice Dress

741741 views00 comments00 favs

Clarissa kept bringing up a particular subject in counseling. It seems two years before her affair, she had accused Jon of being attracted to her friend Steph. The evidence that led Clarissa to this conclusion, started at an office Christmas party. Steph reached…

The Diary of Anne Frank's Daughter

183183 views1212 comments55 favs

Frankly, I would rather die than have my diary published. Now that everyone in the whole world knows Anne’s deepest secrets, I’m sure she would want to kill herself anyway.

Turnings

911911 views44 comments00 favs

“Help me,” the man said in his mind. He lay beside the folding camp stool alone in the middle of the woods, in the clearing where he and the dog always rested.

Women of God

918918 views22 comments22 favs

I keep the book when the lessons are done, go through the pages Momma skipped over...

Spilled Milk

11551155 views1515 comments1212 favs

(I'd appreciate some feedback on this very weird story.) A Frosted Mini Wheat walks in to a bar...

Mondo Ben

713713 views44 comments00 favs

Two girls in vests hogtied his ankles and wrists with a severed lamp cord and barbed wire, spun him dizzy around the room.

Captivity

702702 views00 comments00 favs

Shining white glisten stones Tie us to true vows we throw Luring notes they never know Commit us to the great unknown Inspiration of flights of fancy Allow us freedom kept in secrecy Promised jewels tease with ecstasy Honors respect clothed in fantasy Circles of…

Knowing the Ending

673673 views00 comments00 favs

“No!” Shouted Jon. “I don't get it!” Clarissa stared at her hands in her lap and tried not to cry. She knew it was her fault they were there. She was the one who cheated. But she could not understand why Jon wanted, no needed, to…

~drug abuse prevention panties~

26892689 views77 comments66 favs

She locked herself in the bathroom, turned on the tap and poured lavender Suave shampoo all over them and rinsed them till they no longer bled. She took off all her clothes and tried on a pair, turning in front of the mirror, thrusting her hips, pout

Intervention

753753 views00 comments00 favs

I got a call from Fiona last night. She asked that I come down this evening, to meet at Penny's place. "It's an Intervention, Al," she said, which told me everything I needed to know about what the meeting would be about.

Caitlin's Boots

10061006 views11 comment11 fav

A horn honks, brakes squeal, Chloe’s screaming, pulling at her. She’s lying on the sidewalk. Her shin hurts. Her knee. Chloe kneels beside her. Ring of kids staring. I’m good, she says. I’m good.

"Beautiful Boy! I am doomed"

11391139 views22 comments22 favs

Beautiful boy! I am doomed / to have attended your presence; / time consumes us, but you / have changed so little...

We Walk by Night

16121612 views1313 comments99 favs

Walking those damned dogs is a pain… a PAIN every night. If it’s not urban skunks, it’s Mormons on bikes… the bastards

Some Last Things

24062406 views4444 comments3636 favs

if you whisper your truths, they'll disappear

Life at the Red Diaper Baby Factory

11651165 views33 comments22 favs

Von Meckel had us all go out and paint this huge red square around the Red Diaper Baby factory. Then he held a big naming rally, at noon, during our lunch break. We weren’t allowed to eat our sandwiches. There was all this pomp and circumstance. We were

Five Million Yen: Chapter 10

835835 views00 comments00 favs

Ben watched the cat burglar snake his way from window ledge to window ledge.

Letter to Garrison Keillor

873873 views99 comments44 favs

Hilda Raz lost a daughter. Her son gained a persona, backed by biological components. I was impressed by his male-pattern baldness. A biological genius. And yet, I was reduced and in the elevator mentioned crying about it.

Politicouscous II

898898 views1111 comments55 favs

In which era was it not a scary world?/ Last century, the perils were both red and yellow/ after Jerry was undone. Now, they’re brown/ and cross, without respect, the Rio Grande

Tethered

814814 views11 comment00 favs

Handsome are the houses,effigies in synthetic stucco: prosperity divinedbehind parted walls. Behold the ersatz simplicityof the residential subdivision, contrived construction inline and line and line. …

Mind The Gap

12701270 views55 comments00 favs

Alone,we are ageless togetherin the heart of our precious now.A relentless wedge of image and vanity, gossip and innuendo, acceptable and most certainly not, dashes our agelessness intoan insurmountable chasm of years.That diabolically…

Poya Day

11741174 views44 comments33 favs

Prabo was late. It wasn’t like him, I thought, sitting on the steps of the Galle Face Hotel, the Indian Ocean pounding the beach abutting the nearby Galle Face Green and spraying fine mist everywhere. Or at least it didn’t seem like him.

Concentric

12031203 views44 comments11 fav

In mid dream, mid journey, there's a barrier we must cross, flat and vast like an ocean. We're told the barrier is a monster. To cross the barrier we must maim one of its eyes. There, rising to the surface is half a large…

Herself, Alone

12091209 views99 comments55 favs

"In the world of imagination, all things belong. If you take that on faith, you may be foolish, but foolish like a trout." Richard Hugo

Girl Four

14201420 views66 comments33 favs

She followed the husband. He headed north on seventy two for twelve miles, turned off at exit eighty seven b, slowed, turned, backed into a spot at a convenience store slash gas station, lights on, engine running. Precisely twenty seven minutes by her count,…

Not Enough Sin To Go Around

11271127 views1313 comments1010 favs

Inevitability: it's what's for dinner.

Adios

11871187 views00 comments00 favs

After seventeen years of struggling to wake up early in the morning, I had managed to wake up on my own. Actually, I think it was because I was unable to sleep that I was up so early. I had laid on the bed all night, staring at the dark ceiling, taking in every…

“The Confession of the Sorcerer of Darkness”

955955 views00 comments00 favs

A dark and mysterious account of an ancient traveler seeking arcane literature, and the miserable results to him after he receives what he sought.