Most read stories

No Wind

322322 views1010 comments55 favs

The candle was near the windowsill.It smelled like the musk my father used to spray before he went awayto work.Oh father, I remember you,your chocolate brown eyes,would watch the sunrisebefore breakfast;serious- so serious and waiting for something that…

My Summer Vacation

321321 views55 comments44 favs

Apple is apple plum plum that is a kiss without a tongue

among American gods

321321 views33 comments22 favs

in dark recesses of this morgue of earth / where beauty of the good does not compel, / where evil's horrors seldom do repel— / Americ gods reign o'er from birth to birth.

Rhapsody On The Edge Of A Knotted Finger

321321 views1010 comments33 favs

.

Left to our own Dvices

319319 views44 comments22 favs

No one knew why DVices were so hard to find. No one knows for sure anyway.

Meditating on a Bottle of Salad Dressing

318318 views77 comments33 favs

There's a man in a Mackintosh reading Harper's Bazaar, I think many things are bizarre, I think the possibility of things not being bizarre is bizarre. Sometimes I'll have a great notion, doesn't everyone? I dreamt I fought in the civil war in the…

Feline

318318 views44 comments33 favs

.

The Silence in your Silence

317317 views44 comments33 favs

.

The Two of You

315315 views22 comments22 favs

The new kids never even met you. They know the story of you. They will have it by heart by the second week and include the gruesome part in a letter home.

A Red We Hope Is Not Of Earth

315315 views99 comments44 favs

.

Twenty.

315315 views2222 comments1717 favs

His face is lined, lost, resigned,

The Journalist Sips His Tea

314314 views88 comments33 favs

It isn't fashion or politics, centipedes or Morgellons, but the sanctity of melons, the squeezing out of juices. Now that we are purified,addicted to the colour red, neon signs announceelectricity is dead.A tranquil crowd of strangers, anxious…

Antiphony of Sighs

313313 views88 comments22 favs

IGlasgow, its swollen bleeding face, its unrepentant eyesProud inside its operas, vain within its shames.Watch these sanctities unsound shrink into their oneness.Set these centuries alight, peer into the flames.Into their time descending the pedestrians now cease,all is…

You Pour Vodka In Your Coffee

312312 views66 comments44 favs

I wonder if she is my real mother, if I could get one of those paternity tests and find out if she’s my real mother and if the guy she told me was my father was really my father. I can’t remember him very well, just a lot of him screaming and hollering an

Never Read Literature When You're Drunk!

311311 views55 comments11 fav

A pale-faced manwearing a bright yellow wigonce said to me“never read literature when you're drunk"now here I am,at a window tablein the Libertine cafe,eating my words,wishing I had been a monk.Across the street loomsa gallery front,where, in large red…

Pleaser

309309 views44 comments22 favs

Yes keeps falling out of my mouth

The Absolute Goes Round In Circles

308308 views1616 comments99 favs

.

I Did Not Write This

307307 views55 comments44 favs

PhD's in remorse. Babes without eyes. Presbyterian church-goers baked in their pies. Miss prim-and-propers stranded on meadows. Men rescuing cats then queuing for medals. I did not write this, I swear I did not write this. Saurian…

The Buddha on my Wooden Desk

307307 views66 comments55 favs

The Buddha on my wooden desk says all things are Chaplinesque, that all's a self-containing joke, a cube of ice in a glass of coke, a sunbeam dragged thru autumn leaves, the residue a lover leaves, a kind of vein,…

Circle Jerk

307307 views44 comments22 favs

.

Taking a Bath with my iNuke

306306 views1818 comments88 favs

Mickey Mouse mini-nukes are often placed in children's school lunch boxes for cooling sandwiches, though an accidental meltdown could cause the food to become dangerously hot in both senses of the term.

This is Paradox

306306 views66 comments33 favs

Concupiscent you cling to a truth like a demon,but please, contain your self.By all means, exert, but once in a while,rest, the illusion of love is love and you have always known this, like cherriesand ice cream and pictures of Mount Fuji.One who has found yourself in a…

Anyone Can Do What They Can Do

306306 views77 comments33 favs

Cut my karmic rip-cord. Shower me in angel dust.Let me embrace the gray, this isn't loveat first sight, this isn't blindnessat the twinkling of any eye, this isn't the timefor the blowing of any trumpet.Anyone can dowhat they can do. Didn't you know this? Or are…

Six.

305305 views2020 comments1111 favs

She smiles at strangers,

Hair Growing Out of Her Tongue

305305 views11 comment11 fav

Ay Federico sit down and let me make you some Cuban cafewhile you rest those versus you left behind when you were shotat the border or some plain in Spain. Dear Federico rest, rest my friend while I tell you about my tia Ela Lee. Of course we did not call her that. We…

Musk

305305 views66 comments77 favs

The moment you realize love is never finding you everything evaporatesdroplets of dew are everywherethe sun doesn't have to penetrate a cloudfor you to feel the sunshine pulling weeds is like drinking a glass of water sweat falls down…

No More Little Bridget

305305 views77 comments77 favs

I spend my time sitting on the back step—poison oak reddening my arm—under the eaves, waiting to escape.

Let's Start with the End

302302 views1111 comments66 favs

Let’s start with the end—death. Upbeat, huh?

Beaked

299299 views66 comments33 favs

night sounds

a poem by Darryl Price restructured by Samuel Derrick Rosen

298298 views66 comments55 favs

.