Most recent stories

Close those lips

15671567 views1010 comments44 favs

Ma tells me not to put a tampon between my legs. For fear of cotton fornication.

So then she says

848848 views00 comments00 favs

She says that she’s a prisoner in her own life, and if she wants to get drunk at two in the afternoon with a bunch of union men, then she’ll do it. She says I am welcome to go fuck myself.

Abu Arif & His Daughters

11401140 views00 comments11 fav

I cannot remember what the celebration was for, but the baby was at its center. We passed him around, a sweet smiling boy about seven months old. The age when babies can sit but can't yet crawl and their thighs get plump.

Lester

11901190 views44 comments11 fav

Richard bounds up the stairs to his apartment. He can’t wait to get home to his new kitty. He found the poor cat right outside of his building just a few days ago, and already they’ve become fast friends.

Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

12311231 views55 comments11 fav

‘Oh, and try these. ' She handed me a plastic baggy full of seeds that resembled watermelon seeds, only smaller. ‘If these don't work your problem runs deeper...'

The Next Stanley Kubrick

21702170 views5151 comments2020 favs

I have, for example, watched Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" 117 times.

I've got to

752752 views00 comments00 favs

Growing into a new mold, watching our friendships fall into deep deep holes.

Out(side) of my mind

748748 views11 comment00 favs

I leave you because you violently told me to, I still love you because I told you I always would.

The Bitterness of Butterfly Wings

16151615 views3636 comments88 favs

So I licked the Anise from my fingers.

Kracton Commons

963963 views00 comments00 favs

Without light it is black.

(Withheld) 1970

913913 views00 comments00 favs

The Moon The hatch of the lunar module hissed as it opened, a few puffs of leftover water vapor escaped toward them in a sparkling white cloud that rapidly dissolved…

I've Been Here Before

987987 views11 comment00 favs

I’ve been here before. it wasn’t you though— it was her before you, and then she before her … before you.

Bicycle Boys

21862186 views00 comments22 favs

They would ride with a mechanic synchronicity, like schools of robotic fish, and appear and disappear suddenly, never still, never trapped in traffic snarls, always finding a way through the gridlocks and the side streets.

Arcana Magi Zero - v.2: Megumi's Fable, the Advance

13611361 views00 comments00 favs

“Is it a dream? Or is it real?” Questions Megumi asked herself as she stood before the mirror. She no longer had fox ears or a fox tail. Even her long brown hair had turned jet black and her lavender eyes were a natural green just like Alysia’s.

Clipboard Cutie

955955 views00 comments00 favs

Perhaps she’s also a do-gooder. One of those socially conscious, change-the-world type girls complete with a never ending supply of life’s own contagious enthusiasm.

Sushi's Night Out

974974 views33 comments22 favs

... she’d stolen her boyfriend away from her, leaving her with a goldfish and a cat. Oh, and a pillow and some lights, she added. And I can’t really see you, because I’m blind.

The Face of the Moon, And Another Story

10301030 views11 comment11 fav

For example, I never noticed that the moon had eyelashes, not until tonight. You said you couldn’t really see that, not at all. You preferred the fact that the word “lunatic” sounded like an attic on the moon...

Smiles are for Suckers

12221222 views22 comments11 fav

I walked her home. She lived eight blocks in the opposite direction of me, but it made her smile —I made her smile.

How I Spent My Summer Vacation... When I Wasn't Drinking

14091409 views33 comments22 favs

This is what my summer has come to: me, out of a job, aimlessly driving around the city looking for places to write, places to read, places to occupy my time.

KING KONG’S OWN STORY(1)

24802480 views44 comments11 fav

The pulsing of her little life. I sniff my fingers, deep sniff, ummmmm! Again! Deep back in my mind, like Momma smelled, spicy and ripe.

A short, nonsense story about colours, sounds and Big Mo

69136913 views1010 comments22 favs

And as he looked at the departing pink cushion in his rear-view mirror (shaped like a canoe without the paddles), the latest big question popped into his mind like a hot slice of buttered brown bread from his shiny, metallic stainless steel toaster –

Shutter

12221222 views11 comment11 fav

Background foreground life in the middle

almost a still life

13651365 views1818 comments33 favs

(a sidewalk poem)

Oh Portland.

10841084 views00 comments00 favs

The purple sweater brought out the blue in her eyes. Fantastic eyes made of ice, she was a stunner, and she knew it. I met her at Slabtown

Beards

13681368 views33 comments22 favs

One day my mother's lover shaved his beard and legs. Said he couldn’t fit into his tight jeans anymore.

You'll Never Get Anything Accomplished on an Empty Stomach

10711071 views66 comments00 favs

The Star Trek marathon ends, and he flips channels. An episode of Full House is on. The cheesy plot lines and attractive women (specifically, DJ Tanner in the late seasons) have become a freakish comfort. In today's episode, the Tanners are baby sitt

Half Awake in a Fake Empire

993993 views00 comments00 favs

Cooking dinner for one in a city that isn’t my home. A beautiful city that I’m slowly losing interest in, just as I become a local. In a tiny apartment set in the most realistic part of town, I’ve turned the music up loud to drown out my thoughts.

Remembering a Life

688688 views00 comments00 favs

“Yes. You should probably bring her in.” This was what the receptionist from the Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital told me. My dog, Goldie, had a bloody nose and was breathing heavily.

The Hole Between Them

17581758 views1212 comments66 favs

Opposite the foothills, on the field's southern edge, was a stand of old eucalyptus trees, each one a gnarled sentry with bark like burnt skin peeling from its trunk.

A Sacrifice For God And Man

14211421 views00 comments00 favs

The words of prophets only serve to demonstrate that ‘unreliable narrative’ can often result in poor literature; unfortunately, poor literature can attract a very large following.