Most read stories

FALLING MAN

297297 views55 comments55 favs

Steve Kramer was a brilliant young artist on the scene in New York in the 70s when I was starting out as a writer. He built little electronic dioramas displaying stuffed rats in various bizarre settings. Flip the switch and they would get fried in a little rat-sized…

Shovelling shit.

296296 views66 comments00 favs

“Whatcha doin'?” “Moving this shit.” “Why?” “Well, I can’t leave it here!”

After Watching Zardoz

296296 views55 comments33 favs

Infinite storage space for unreflected patterns.Pretty pictograms from the fields of time and motion.Uplifting monotones despatching Jupiters and Saturns.Remember? The second we crawled from out the ocean,vulgarians of the sunpoised against the tip of a cosmic…

Ashtray Blues

292292 views22 comments22 favs

O most disconsolate ashtray, you are not politically correct, it's a conspiracy I suspect. O most disconsolate ashtray, how I long to see your smoke arise, suspended in my eyes, now you have nothing left to do but sit there in a smokeless …

Perspicacity.

292292 views1010 comments22 favs

I called it Nirvana and Elysium I called it Bountiful I called you to come forward Without counting.

Because

290290 views2929 comments2020 favs

.

The Light of Paper Lamps

290290 views33 comments22 favs

Machinery bleeds until a soundlessness confounds,then, like a candle's light through a paper lanternyour womanness passes, leads me,not thru blind eye desires, nor the glow of demon firesbut something powerfully inert. A potent inexaction.I will not cling to your…

untitled

288288 views1313 comments1111 favs

fallen leaves, broken limbs fron wounded trees

You Might Be Miss Piggy

288288 views77 comments11 fav

You might be Miss Piggy. But I'm not Kermit the frog.I miscalculate the sums of our predicamenttrying to catch the dragonflies, rolling aroundthe dampness of our resenting this old modern world.You might be Missy Piggy. But I'm not Kermit the frog.I'm just here…

From the discovery of fire to a crypt slash restaurant

288288 views1919 comments1010 favs

.

You are not Medusa

286286 views2121 comments99 favs

.

Roses, They Can Hurt You

286286 views33 comments11 fav

Sally Sally Sally, don't you go round those roses,those roses, they can hurt you. Now that someonehas written a poem about youit is maybe not the poem you would want written about you.In another universe you may have been a revenge haikuprinted on a greeting card on…

15 Minutes of Sunshine

286286 views33 comments33 favs

"...awakening a connection ."

Ones and Zeros

284284 views44 comments22 favs

The radio sputtered, and did not stop, then from your eyes fell things light years from their meaning (a fall forever) intangible yet cogent mantras. My works full of silence, pools of water upon which nothing can reflect. But I shall…

Atoms of Sleep

284284 views33 comments22 favs

From the compass of the self the unifying leap,gravitate gently, atoms that sleep,to where mystery reclines and solution must rise,but only for a fraction a lifetime implies.No sphere sympathetic to station or throne.All peripatetic. No flesh. No bone.Nothing to…

Circles

284284 views33 comments22 favs

IA promised land so tiny, one that rests upon a pin, knows only death as theory, knows only sleep as sin. Disregard the deluge of that which never is, is the nothing that is hers the nothing that is his? Let us go to Venus, pretend that it is …

The Season of Lacrosse

283283 views11 comment11 fav

There was plenty of sadness and disappointment---that was expected---but also a weird unexplainable freedom. It was as if his real self was no longer tied to his body. No, he was floating a few feet above things and looking down placidly, forgivingly, on

Pastiche No 19

283283 views55 comments33 favs

Remember Ben Nevis? Trying to reach the summit,seeming to take forever until it seemed to take a second,some song (not heard before or since) playing maniacally on someinstrument in our heads,or maybe it was just in mine.Familiar …

Somewhere in the deep grasses...

282282 views88 comments55 favs

.

Chewie and R2D2

281281 views22 comments11 fav

The door was locked. Han Solo couldn't believe it. After they'd come all this way! …

Seven.

280280 views1010 comments77 favs

eyes might light

Acapella

280280 views33 comments11 fav

What time is it exactly? A time no one should know? A time of unrequited beauty? A time when gods must go to some level of subsidence? A parabola long unseen? Some point bereft of distance? A cosmic mezzanine? A…

A Language in Decay or the Progress of a New World Vernacular

279279 views33 comments33 favs

All poets that end their poems with words like cancer should be hungSingers sweetly croonAbout the blood of the lambNail pierced handsThorny crownAnd 39 bloody stripes. …

The Mother Fucker Is Finally Dead

279279 views55 comments55 favs

Sunflower season is the same here as it is in Tuscany. Every mid Julythey start to bloom. Sometimes onmy birthday. The seeds start to sproutas soon as the snow melts intothe rich soil of the midwest.China grows their soy not too far from my house which…

Wayward Souls

279279 views1212 comments1111 favs

Based on length it looked like a note, lacking the deeper illustration found in full-fledged letters, but also missing were condolences and considering the subject, such sympathies might have seemed appropriate: Dear Mr. and Mrs. Madison, Katie is

Four Songs

278278 views44 comments22 favs

.

Zero

278278 views55 comments44 favs

0 is beautiful0 invented by Indians1 you can almost trust2 is poor3 the figure of human nature4 the face of all paradox5 is a handsome man6 a repetitive voice7 is a temptress9 an ugly and noisy digitSo too is 8100 is rich1000 the symbol of strength1 million resembles a…

Trainspotting.

277277 views88 comments44 favs

It’s just a joke, give them a poke, electric jigger in the hand

Patsy Cline Sings Crazy

276276 views44 comments22 favs

over much howling of poetry and things that act as if they were dying

Man on a porch with beer and shotgun

274274 views1212 comments55 favs

Lo and Behold, there you are beside me