Recommended stories

Carlos The Impossible (Part 2)

13731373 views00 comments00 favs

La revancha! The rematch between the great matador and the impossible bull was set for La Fiesta de la Objeto Inamovible. Red-lettered posters announced the event on shuttered tiendas and busy bus stops and papered-over graffiti on the city’s walls for al

Puff

15751575 views00 comments00 favs

As I fed Puff, I thought about the nightmare Lily shared with me that morning. She dreamed Puff had a hole in his throat and all his blood squirted out until he got as small and skinny as a deflated baloon.

Is This What You Do When You Think of Me?

13311331 views00 comments00 favs

"Umm... T-shirt, sweats. You know, typical sleepwear for me. I had been in these jeans for the video shoot, but they had to go." "J-jeans, huh?" Lucas started to falter.

the trenchant lad & the mechanical men

796796 views00 comments00 favs

A man walks on the moon my mother knew at Purdue.

77 Words About Nothing (Tangled)

779779 views00 comments00 favs

You carved my initials into your inner thigh with a jagged stem -

Forward

789789 views00 comments00 favs

Walking alone, underneath thin, moonlit clouds, the world began to unfold and shows it guts. Deep within the Colorado mountains, miles from the nearest convenience store or free wi-fi connection, I started to merge into the implicate.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 36

830830 views00 comments00 favs

Ben panicked momentarily. Which passport?

The Court of the Vassal

10861086 views00 comments00 favs

“I believe this is a case that is very much worth our time. Its probably the most important case thus far in your reign,” Henry said, “my lord.”

As a Film Cassette Enters a Camera

713713 views00 comments00 favs

"...only images I can know,"

I Knew Her Before She Was Kissy from Cadallaca, Even

872872 views00 comments00 favs

["Creed vs. discern" ... or ... "discern vs. creed"?]

picture (im)perfect

827827 views00 comments00 favs

not

Nostril

865865 views11 comment00 favs

The damaged lining of this awkward appellation is just bewitching, begging of the light test prod — OW! and then stern mastery: Introducing the cruelly hooked thumb with ragged nail, plunging up, ripping into and down…

Tiger-eyed

10961096 views00 comments00 favs

The tiger-eye beads around her neck would wink at me like a nervous uncle sharing a secret with a child. They roll on her sternum like marbles. At night, on her nightstand, they whisper my secret to the patchouli-scented room. How long have they known?

Dave's Note

731731 views00 comments00 favs

Dave Sharpe silently pulled his desk chair out of its nook that was conveniently placed underneath his desk. He took a deep breath as he slowly took his place in the seat and nudged it into a perfect…

Arcana Magi Divine

11341134 views11 comment00 favs

Amyra pressed her hands on the brick wall and rubbed it. She thought about hanging something on there, but she did not have the tools to make a hole. In fact, the thought of having a hole in the wall would be enough.

Never Catch Me Alive

841841 views00 comments00 favs

We walk with our heads down, maybe 15 of us, moving under a sun that has grown to encompass everything. Everything is in hues of orange and red like a bloody eyeball on fire.

50 Minute Fight

931931 views11 comment00 favs

Snap! Dylan’s arms flung forward as the rod bent toward the ocean. “Holy God! What did I snag?

The Broken

896896 views11 comment00 favs

A precious heart unfolding the joy within Carefree play marked footsteps skipping along the way Such wonders untold awaiting a time of promise Stilled in the night by a grasping hand Held down in silence fear feeds off this soul Marking its to

INVIDIA

11861186 views11 comment00 favs

"I always disliked such display of religious fervor. I dislike religious fervor. Period."

The Dryad

950950 views11 comment00 favs

So into the woods we went, hoping to open a portal into the netherworld of make believe. I had a feeling we would see nothing, but she believed in me. At the very least I would spend a few very nice days backpacking in the wilderness.

Feminist Gift-Shopping is Man's Work

568568 views00 comments00 favs

“Hey Jimmy,” we’d shout at the bartender, whose real name was Bill, but who acquired his nomme de biere with the fixtures when he bought the joint. “What?” he’d reply in monosyllables in order to keep his overhead down. “What does a woman want?”

Oyster

857857 views11 comment00 favs

"Maybe…" he began searching for some comforting wisdom. "Maybe it's like this. Husbands live for their wives. Mothers live for their children. And children...well...until they're husbands or wives, they live for themselves."

Excerpts from 'Dispatches from the Front: My Life in NE Portland—diary by JENA RACHEL ROCKWELL (year 08)'

13921392 views00 comments00 favs

I'm getting self-righteous here, Dear Reader . . . [hey! wait a second! this is my diary! what are you doing, looking at it, dude! Hit the road! Scram! Vamoose!]

Vegan Says "Kill"

822822 views00 comments00 favs

....sucking my blood kind of draws the line.

Arcana Magi Memorial - c.5

12201220 views11 comment00 favs

Azure became silent. She never thought of her death before, nor thought about actually fighting creatures and saving people’s lives.

Arcana Magi Zero Arc 2 - c.5

715715 views11 comment00 favs

Alysia saw her reflection in Suzaku’s eyes. There was an empty face looking back.