Most discussed stories

Viet Thanh Nguyen: Nothing is Resolved

186186 views22 comments22 favs

"I write out of a deep need within myself for beauty. A beauty that I think can only be found through the practice, through the sacrifice over time that's required."

cleveland

350350 views22 comments22 favs

The girl went outside her door and stood and stared at the sky.there were clouds in the sky. the girl wore glasses with black framesthe girl stared at the sky some more and put on a bright yellow baseball hatshe sat in a white resin chairthe girl sat quietly and watched the…

Twister

358358 views22 comments11 fav

“You know this is your death car.”

THERE AIN'T NO REAL GROWN-UP'S NOWHERE NO-HOW by Leanna MacFarlane

376376 views22 comments11 fav

[Huh!]

Chewie and R2D2

276276 views22 comments11 fav

The door was locked. Han Solo couldn't believe it. After they'd come all this way! …

Interview with a Jesus Lizard

203203 views22 comments22 favs

Interviewer: So, you walk on water, right? How is that possible? Jesus Lizard: Well, I only run on water, and upright on my hind legs. Haha, if I tried just walking on water I’d sink quicker than St. Peter!

Flesh Alive

220220 views22 comments11 fav

Their breathing could not now be heard: / they'd washt and talkt before they got to bed, / they only waited now to hear.

THE HAUNTED MICROWAVE by Stephen King

339339 views22 comments11 fav

[Boy, was this a hard night!]

Ballgame

457457 views22 comments22 favs

She knew that she was bland and overweight and dull; that what was beautiful in her was locked away like a tiny maiden, far, far away in a tower, too difficult to find or reach. She must face her lot, grateful for her family and her work.

falling, endlessly

333333 views11 comment11 fav

Clouds quickly appeared, in a perfect peach sky. Big, puffy clouds, moving together, formed the shape of a heart.

Another Band Name

233233 views11 comment00 favs

Hillary's Pantsuits

Birthday Makeover

203203 views11 comment11 fav

Iris is beside herself with excitement that the most popular girl in her eighth-grade class invited her to join her circle of friends after school. On the sound of the bell, she charges to the door to be the first out of the room and to race to meet Ange

Wacky at Work.

326326 views00 comments00 favs

["Why can't we just look the other way ... ?"-Interpol, on the radio]

Don't Trust a Poet (Pollen Tomorrow)

55 views00 comments00 favs

with no sense of humor, who isn't goofy enough to fall in love. Oh, the terrible wings of unspoken things. Never trust a teacherwho thinks only certain people deserve to moveup into the starry heavens. I'll think of you no matter what they say about…

Thoughts While Hovering Over an Ironing Board - OR - STEAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS

521521 views00 comments00 favs

Pushing the "surge of steam" button has latelygiven me a feeling ofpower;I push a button anda loud gurgling sounddampens the spiritof even a 100% cotton item,and forces it to be still andstraighten out.I need a button likethis to affect family and friends.The phone…

A Poem Without Whiskey

4545 views00 comments00 favs

Is like a song sung by Mickey Dolenz while the other three bop around a Technicolor box pretending to play an instrument. A poem without whiskey is like Bukowski has left the building. How do I write a poem now that I don't drink? And it used to go down like a…