by Bill Yarrow
• Water all the flowers in the graveyard
• Avoid the blisters in the casserole
• Of the serious and the serene, marry frivolity
• Get as much sueño de la razón as possible
• Keep a safe place at a safe distance
• Squeegee the walls of the shower of your mind
• Don't confuse the virtues of bananas with the virtues of banana bread
• Give God two weeks' notice
• Straighten up geographically
• Retool. Refrain. Repudiate. Retreat.
• Do the left thing
All rights reserved.
A version of this poem appeared in Festival Writer, The Festival of Language E-Journal.
Thanks, Jane Carman.
This poem appears in THE VIG OF LOVE (Glass Lyre Press, 2016).