Forum / Prayer Vigil for Bobbi Lurie's Young Son

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    May 20, 04:57pm

Bobbi's young son is tragically ill. He is suffering from a rare and deadly necrotic skin disease. Bobbi has been at his bedside in the ICU for days now, and her vigil there will go on.

Please offer up your prayers or words of hope and healing for Bobbi's dear little boy

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    May 20, 06:21pm

Oh, Susan, I have been filled with concern for Bobbi, her son, and her family. Of course I want to pray at such a time, but I don't pray ever since an atheist I had prayed for died of cancer and her grieving partner said that was why. What people in grief will say! I know that sounds ridiculous, but I have become an atheist who doesn't believe in atheism. Instead I dream of a future for her special son who has been learning drumming.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    May 20, 06:30pm

That has to be the hardest thing for a parent to face--I just can't imagine it. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family that things take a sudden turn and an uphill journey to good health.

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    May 20, 06:35pm

Mojo and prayers for you and your son, Bobbi.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 20, 06:41pm

Yes, will do that - Very sorry to learn of the illness of Bobbi's son.

• 2734896685_cccc347f0a_b.thumb
    Kevin Myrick
    May 20, 07:08pm

I think it is safe to say we're all praying for Bobbi's son and her family in this time of great personal tragedy.

My prayers will be with them tonight.

• Richter.thumb
    M.H.
    May 20, 07:11pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Bobbi's son's illness. My thoughts and prayers are with Bobbi, her son, and her family.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    May 20, 07:28pm

Candles lit, prayers and hopes sent. Peace...

• Innis_author_photo.thumb
    Julie Innis
    May 20, 07:36pm

Oh, so very sorry to hear about this, but thank you for letting us know. I will be keeping Bobbi, her family, and her son in my thoughts.

• Viking.thumb
    Jack Swenson
    May 20, 07:51pm

My hopes and prayers are winging their way. Thanks for setting up the forum, Susan.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    May 20, 08:19pm

holding every good thought for bobbi and for her son during this difficult time--sending love and prayers

• Beate_close-up-0334_copy_(1).thumb
    Beate Sigriddaughter
    May 20, 08:35pm

Heartfelt prayers to the source of all life for you and your son, Bobbi.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    May 20, 08:36pm

Mrs. Lurie and her son will be remembered in my prayers this evening.

• April2010.thumb
    sara t.
    May 20, 09:30pm

Bobbie and her son are in my thoughts tonight. Much love.

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    May 20, 11:31pm

It is so hard to know what to say. When faced with something so terrible it threatens to suck the very life out of you, we can only hold on to each other, and hope that holding onto something will help us hold onto ourselves. My heart is with you, Bobbie, and your son and your family in your pain and hurt and sorrow. Thanks, Susan, for making it possible for us to send out our love and wishes to them.

• Picture1.thumb
    Ajay Nair
    May 20, 11:49pm

My best, Bobbi.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    May 21, 01:05am

the best bit of any community, this. thanks susan and much love to bobbi and her son.

• Compressed_my_skies_mississippi.thumb
    Stephanie Bobo
    May 21, 02:07am

in my thoughts and prayers

• Guy_and_tree_reading_june_20071_2__edited.thumb
    Tree Riesener
    May 21, 05:07am

I will hold Bobbi and her son in my thoughts, try to send healing, hold them in wholeness (my version of prayer).

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    May 21, 06:25am

Bobbi my thougts are with you and your son, wishing for the best.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    May 21, 08:01am

I believe in love. I have seen it, felt it, needed it, accepted it, and tried to give it. The love between a parent and a child is deeper than any other love I have ever experienced.It's pure.I know the pain involved, too. My daughter was born six weeks too early and had to spend almost 16 weeks in intensive care with an IV in her head and heel. I used to put my finger through the little hole in the basket and she'd wrap her four fingers around my one. We'd sit there like that for hours with me holding back tears, calling her name, and periodically stroking her cheek.
    Bobbi we will pray for you and your son and keep you always in our thoughts.

• Trees.thumb
    Carol Reid
    May 21, 09:27am

Bobbi, I'm thinking of you and your son and holding you both in my heart.

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    May 21, 10:21am

Bobbi-

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your son. I am sending prayers your way.

Much love to you and your family at this time-

Susan Tepper
    May 22, 08:03am

Just a little note to everyone who posted here so far:

Your kind words of love and hope for Bobbi and her son is a wonderful thing to see. It will come back to you in bushels

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    May 22, 08:24am

I send my prayers and all good thoughts to Bobbi and her son.

Susan Tepper
    May 23, 01:26pm

Cherise, I know Bobbi will be very grateful to get your sweet message of support.
    By no means is her little boy "out of the woods" yet, he is still so very dangerously ill.
    I hope even more people will read this posting and send out their good energies toward Bobbi's son Noah

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    May 25, 06:55am

We all know what it's like to sit at the bedside of a loved one hoping and praying. I'm there with you. We all are.

• Nv_kid.thumb
    Ramon Collins
    May 25, 07:10pm

As a father of three, I can't imagine what you're going through, Bobbi. The lonely helplessness.

I never pray, but do chat with the Great Buddha. I'll ask him to look in on Noah.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.