Forum / My new book "From the Umberplatzen"

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 12:16am

I've just come out with a new book "From the Umberplatzen" published by Wilderness House Press. It's a colllection of linked-flash. I have some advance copies that I'm offering at a reduced rate of 10 dollars US (that includes shipping).
    If you would like to order a book, contact me via f'naut messging.
    The advance reviews were very good and people who have read it are saying nice things.

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Dec 22, 05:03am

Congratulations, Susan!

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Dec 22, 06:46am

Great, Susan. Can't wait to read it and even to write about it!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 11:16am

Bill and Ann, I appreciate your good wishes! Ann, I'm thrilled you will be reviewing it. Thank you!

• Nicolette_apr_2012.thumb
    Nicolette Wong
    Dec 22, 12:12pm

Okie check your inbox.

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 03:33pm

Nicolette! Thank you!

• Fictionaut%20possibility.thumb
    Bobbi Lurie
    Dec 22, 04:47pm

Congratulations, Susan!

We Fictionautians don't need advance reviews--we know how good your work is!!!

Brava!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Dec 22, 04:50pm

I agree with Bobbi--we're already big fans of your work who eagerly await anything else you might do. Congratulations!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 08:19pm

To Bobbi and Darryl, I am so appreciative of your good words about my writing and support of my book, it means a lot. Thank you both so much!!!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 08:22pm

And to those at Fictionaut who have ordered the book but not posted here, I am indebted to your kind support. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 22, 10:11pm

I received my copy of the book today—thank you...it looks absolutely wonderful. I took it to an evening with a group of international writers tonight (Italian, British, American, German) and they were blown away both by the stories and by the production values of the book. Title cover and even font of the book are just great and wonderfully balanced. And of course, I'm chuffed to absolute, atomic bits about your dedication. you'll always be my favorite umberplatzen poet.

• Fictionaut%20possibility.thumb
    Bobbi Lurie
    Dec 22, 11:21pm

I am unable to find the definition for umberplatzen--esp. "umberplatzen poet"

(Deutsch)Tips
    Translation of
    (not found)

Ask the Forum

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 11:54pm

Marcus, I am so utterly thrilled by what you wrote here. Thanks so much and glad to hear your group of Int'l writers liked the book!

Bobbi, Umberplatzen is a made-up word having to do with trees, love, magic, and all things special. It will become immediately clear when you read the book. Thanks so much, Bobbi!

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Dec 23, 03:15am

Susan, This book is exceptional!!! Cannot put it down! The stories are brilliant and the love between these two characters is palpable! HOT!!! Am loving the book and can't wait to get back to it!!! LOVING IT!! Everyone should get a copy as soon as they can!!! It's another Susan Tepper masterpiece!!!! Phenomenal!!!

• Estelle_bruno.thumb
    Estelle Bruno
    Dec 23, 01:56pm

Susan, your love stories are so lovely, I have read this book twice.
    Congratulations.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Dec 23, 05:51pm

Susan, congratulations! Looks as if you are already getting rave reviews! Happy for you.

Susan Tepper
    Dec 24, 04:56pm

Meg, Estelle and MaryAnne, thank you all so much for your good words and wishes on my book. Most appreciated! Have a beautiful holiday season!

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Dec 25, 02:21pm

I'm on number 40 now, reading it slowly. As I've already told you, Susan, it's a success in every way.

Christopher Allen
    Dec 25, 02:23pm

The coined word "Umberplatzen" brings to mind the shaded, protected place of love between these two characters--a coined word being the only way to describe that place.

Susan Tepper
    Dec 28, 12:19pm

Chris, thank you so much! And also for bringing to light the word Umberplatzen! The book will be on Amazon, etc, by late-January.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Dec 28, 01:02pm

It's an outstanding read, Susan. Moves so well - piece to piece. Great story.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Dec 28, 02:20pm

Susan, can you please e-mail me so I can get my signed copy from you? I am dying to have your book be the one that carries me into the New Year!!! Congrats on your literary success(es)!!!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 28, 04:35pm

Sam, thrilled to hear you like my book, so many thanks!

Robert, of course I will get a book to you, will send it out today. Thank you!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 29, 11:17pm

Susan: I just finished this little gem. I loved "Waterfalls" best of all the jewels in the book. From every angle, syntactically and visually, from the characterization of M through the metaphor of escape in his obsession with the kites to the ongoing conceit of her memories taking form as mailed objects of almost obsessive love, even the punctuation makes this a wonderfully realized whole. Though the protagonist is called by a diminutive, Kitty Kat, in order for M to seemingly assert control, she is clearly independent and her own person, which adds even more interest and tension to the interactions of the characters. Poor, doomed M. Excellent work.

Susan Tepper
    Dec 29, 11:51pm

Joani, I'm speechless by what you've written here. Your analysis of the book is spot on, though the author is always the last to know (until someone tells her)... I am so grateful for what you said here and thank you so much!!!

• 20130617_093957.thumb
    Kari Nguyen
    Jan 02, 08:04pm

I’m so thoroughly taken with this book – I read it cover to cover as soon as it arrived. An outstanding, fantastic read by Susan Tepper. Highly recommend this one!!!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 02, 09:42pm

Kari, a million thanks!!! I'm thrilled that the book affected you this way!

• De_kooning_red_yellow_portrait.thumb
    ABxx
    Jan 02, 10:55pm

Congrats, Susan! I can't wait to read it!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 03, 12:34am

Isabell, I'm very flattered, thank you!!!

• Me.thumb
    Foster Trecost
    Jan 03, 01:23am

Looking forward to this, Susan - congrats!

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Jan 03, 02:09am

Got my copy, Susan. I can't wait to read it. Congratulations!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 03, 04:48pm

Thanks so much Foster & Kathy, I hope you both get pleasure from this book!

Not to sound pushy-- but if anyone wants an inscribed copy, I still have some advance books left before it goes on up at Amazon, B&N, etc, mid-January.

This is not a commercial enterprise for me. I gave out a lot of gift books to those for whom a book right now would be an extravagance they can't take on. I'm just happy that this book is being read. Thank you!

Robert Vaughan
    Jan 04, 02:47am

I got my copy today, Susan! Can't wait to delve into it! The font itself is lovely.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 07, 12:44am

Robert, thank you and hope you enjoy the story!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 07, 05:10pm

There's so much to love here, but I particularly loved WREATH. I could read it over and over again--and I have. It makes me happy, thrilled, more alive--all those words.So beautiful. So right.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 07, 06:22pm

Darryl, I happen to like that story a lot, too, if that's ok to say about my own story. It's our romantic natures that draws us toward Wreath, I think. I'm so happy you enjoyed the book so much, DP, it warms my heart to hear this!!!

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jan 10, 07:03pm

Over the week-end, I read this book. OMG, it was amazing! Congratulations Susan! I am proud of you. What a book! This is one I will read over and over, just beautifully written. Congratulations! A very beautiful cover also.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 11, 05:46pm

Gloria thank you for your wonderful words about the book!

Robert Vaughan
    Jan 13, 11:54pm

I had a chance to read this the past few days, and it is AMAZING! Susan, you really rocked it with this one. Everyone must put this on their list of TO READ for 2012!!!

• Innis_author_photo.thumb
    Julie Innis
    Jan 14, 10:32pm

Congratulations Susan! Readers rejoice!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 15, 05:13pm

Robert and Julie, so much appreciate your wonderful endorsements of my book. Thank you both!

• Danny%20post-massage,%20martini.thumb
    Dan Cafaro
    Jan 24, 09:57pm

That's terrific, Susan. I wish you all the best with it - your flash certainly deserves the accolades - and I love the concept of linked-flash.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 25, 03:00am

Loved it, Susan.

You really plumb the enigma of love, in all its glory and warts. I especially like the way you used the daily mail package as a vehicle for creating tension, both within each micro, and throughout the work as a whole.

Brava!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 25, 02:28pm

Dan, thank you so much for writing to me here!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 25, 02:29pm

Linda, I'm thrilled you like the book!!! Thank you for what you wrote here!

Susan Tepper
    Jan 25, 11:50pm

BIG LOVE to Christopher Allen who wrote a most exquisite review of "From the Umberplatzen" at Metazen blog:

http://metazen.tumblr.com/post/16287603538/from-the-umberplatzen-by-susan-tepper-a-review-by

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Feb 06, 08:38pm

Just started reading it, Susan. Wow, it's great. I'll have more to say later!

Susan Tepper
    Feb 06, 10:42pm

Kathy! Thank you so much!

Christopher Allen
    Feb 08, 08:09pm

BIG LOVE back to you, Susan!

Susan Tepper
    Feb 08, 09:21pm

Chris, thank you!!!

• Spapril2011.thumb
    Sylvia Petter
    Feb 10, 12:42pm

I received this book today and have just finshed its slim 50 pages. It´s a love story, one that reinforces my love for the "lies" of fiction, for they are more truthful than a "true" story can ever be. In one-page flashes that linger, Tepper tells her story with but one comma. The simple typewriter typeface adds to the charm of this delicate yet strong little book. I note Robert Olen Butler´s words on the back cover and now understand what he meant when he said a story needed to have yearning. Thank you, Susan, for the story and the lesson.
    (copy of post at Good Reads).

Susan Tepper
    Feb 10, 03:56pm

Sylvia, I'm so happy my little book struck you this way, this is beautiful what you wrote here. Yearning, it does have. Butler knows from whence he speaks (writes). Thanks for your wonderful words, Sylvia

• You must log in to reply to this thread.