PDF

Mixtape


by J.A. Pak


To Mara
Hand Delivered

Hey Mara,

It was fun talking about all the love songs the other night.  Here's a CD I made.  Hope you like it.

See you soon,

Your Friend

p.s.  If you want to add anything, or delete anything, just email me.  Here's the list.

CD:  Untitled

Tracks

1. Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop (Landon Pigg)

I found this one on the diamond website.  You can download it for free.  In case you want to download it.  Directly.  Sometimes I do wonder what you're thinking about but I guess I'm always afraid to ask.  Maybe you'll tell me sometime.  I hope so.

2. The Christmas Song (The Raveonettes)

The Raveonettes are coming to town next month.  On the 13th.  It's Friday the 13th.  Maybe you want to come?  Or maybe Friday the 13th is too freaky?

3. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Doris Day)

I rented Strictly Ballroom.  I liked it but I still think Moulin Rouge is better.  I know.  The male/female divide.  I guess I won't try to make you watch the Three Stooges again.

4. What I Like About You (The Romantics)

5. I Melt With You (Nouvelle Vague)

Now I know what you're talking about.  It's weird to hear it all the way through instead of in bits and pieces in commercials.  I like it.

6. She Drives Me Crazy (Fine Young Cannibals)

I guess it's He Drives Me Crazy?

7. Why Don't You Do Right? (Sinead O'Connor)

8. More Than Words (Extreme)

Did I tell you I bought a guitar?  A used one a friend was selling.  I can only do three chords but I'm learning.  I hope I can get better.

9. Heart Of Glass (Nouvelle Vague)

You were right.  It is "mucho distrust".  Is this a guy or a girl?  Hard to tell.

10. Lovefool (The Cardigans)

You seem to really like Scandinavians.

11. You and Me Song (The Wannadies)

I had to laugh because you do hate it when I try to make you laugh.  I'm sorry if I tease you too much sometimes.  :)

12. Paper Wings (Gillian Welch)

This one's really depressing.  Maybe you shouldn't listen to it so much.

13. Crazy (Patsy Cline)

Ditto.

14. Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline)

Ditto.

15. Bewitch, Bothered and Bewildered (Sinead O'Connor)

Getting Better.

16. Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)

I laughed remembering what you said.  No, you'll never turn out like that.  I believe in you.  Really.  Don't laugh.  I'll always hear you, Mara.

17. If You're Not The One (Daniel Bedingfield)

You're right.  It's fucking confusing.  It never makes any sense.  But I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything in the world.  It's the closest to intergalactic travel I'm ever going to get.  I bet it's better.  Maybe if you could just forget about #12?  Maybe if you could let me try convincing you?

18. Love Is A Stranger (Eurythmics)

Maybe if you could forget this one and just concentrate on the next two?

19. Angel (Gavin Friday)

20. You Really Got Me (The Kinks, Live Version)
Endcap