Forum / Summer-bash was a smash!!!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jun 24, 07:30pm

A huge number of Fictionaut and Facebook friends filled the red room at KGB Bar last night and the spirit and comraderie was tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEATURED READERS CHRISTOPHER ALLEN & MATT POTTER brought down the house with their brilliantly humourous stories!!!

Our Open Mic Reading was the best I've ever heard with flash and poems delivered by:
    Bill Lantry, Helen Vitoria, Bill Yarrow, Gloria Mindock, Robert Vaughan, Ann Bogle, Ben Loory, Kyle Hemmings, Lucinda Kempe, Martha Rand, Danny Goodman, Tania Hershman, Tina Barry, Derek Osborne, Neil Serven, Stanley Hoffman, Deb Henry, AND I read a flash sent by Michelle Elvy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the Fictionauts who flooded the room with their tender power~

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jun 24, 07:33pm

Saw a great pic. of you, Christopher, Matt, and Gloria and one by Bill of his son and wife Kate. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Sounds like it was a blast. I am so sorry not to have been there to hear all those great artists read from their works.

• Dscf4986.thumb
    Andrew Stancek
    Jun 24, 07:54pm

How I wish I could have been there. Another time. Sounds truly great.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Jun 24, 09:05pm

Great to hear y'all had a good time. Very sorry to have missed it.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Jun 24, 11:04pm

It was, indeed, lovely, and Susan was a brilliant host. We met so many people we'd only known online before. What a delight!

Special treat: hearing Susan read Michelle Elvy's piece, messaged all the way from the South Pacific. Michelle, it was almost like having you with us!

• 100722-183348.thumb
    Neil Serven
    Jun 25, 12:07am

Thanks to everyone involved in organizing, and especially you, Ms. Tepper, for your dexterous managing of the Open Mic right down to the wire! I had a blast.

• P1010459.thumb
    Lucinda Kempe
    Jun 25, 12:50am

Fictionauti:

It was a pure delight to put faces to words! Susan Tepper is a hostess with verve, delight and charm.

So much fun reading, listening and mingling. And best, I realized what I read needs

m o r e work.

Sigh.

XO all: Loved meeting you.
    Lucinda

• Tinabarry.thumb
    Tina Barry
    Jun 25, 01:07am

It was great. Thanks Susan, for being such a terrific host. I loved meeting everyone.

• Img_1646.thumb
    Martha Rand
    Jun 25, 01:09am

Thank you Susan! It was great to put faces and personalities to the People I've met online. Let's do it again

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jun 25, 11:01am

Glad y'all had fun! Wish I could have joined you but I was there in spirit. Peace...

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jun 25, 11:51am

This is great, Susan. Wonderful.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jun 25, 02:09pm

So much FUN. Still HIGH!!! Matt and Chris rocked the house, everyone was so inspiring and Susan was a gracious host. Thanks Fictionaut, for bringing us all together for this immense event.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Jun 25, 02:33pm

Happy for all of you. I hope I can make the next one.

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Jun 25, 02:35pm

sad to have missed it. we need a west coast swing!

• Tania_h_2017.thumb
    Tania Hershman
    Jun 25, 02:40pm

It was such a fantastic evening, meeting friends, making new ones, hearing such amazing writing! (Put the poetry reading I attended "somewhere in NYC" last night to shame, not a patch on the KGB bar...) I'm so glad I happened to be in America at exactly the right time!

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jun 25, 06:20pm

Thank you Susan for putting together this wonderful time. Matt and Christopher were just amazing! Everyone who read was top notch. I loved it! Great to meet everyone in person. Wow! I had a blast! I can now put faces with names. It was just the best!!!!!
    Susan, you were a great host and kept things rolling along.
    What a great time I had!!!!!

Susan Tepper
    Jun 25, 09:00pm

The level of talent at that podium was startling! It was a wonderful reading/party and especially wonderful to meet so many 'Nauts gathered in the red room. Love to all!

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Jun 26, 05:07am

I enjoyed every second of the evening. Thank you, Susan, again for inviting me.

I'm still smiling.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Jun 26, 10:10am

It was all for Nauts.

Susan Tepper
    Jun 26, 02:53pm

Christopher I'm still smiling recalling the stories you read, it was fabulous having you there!!!

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    Jun 30, 04:39am

Really sorry to have missed it! Had a good time at the National Book Critics Circle Mixer here the weekend before, and hey...
    We toasted to Fictionaut!

http://bookcritics.org/blog/archive/photos-nbcc-cocktail-party-in-san-francisco

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jun 30, 04:41pm

Love those NBCC people! Where'e'er I have met them.

Susan Tepper
    Jun 30, 08:28pm

Meg sorry you missed it, but sounds like things have been swinging on the west coast too!
    Ann your reading was fantastic, very happy you made it!

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jun 30, 09:34pm

Danke, Susan! I noticed a few German speakers in the group. Danke!

Susan Tepper
    Jul 01, 09:29pm

Ann it was quite an eclectic (ELECTRIC) literary crowd with several fluent in German including our two featured readers Matt Potter and Christopher Allen.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.