Forum / Happy News and Gratitude

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 16, 04:21pm

After a real-life-intrudes hiatus of almost a decade, I started writing again in 2010. My work has been well received since then, and I have been fortunate to have met many incredibly supportive online writers who were willing to share their knowledge about the craft and about submitting work for publication. Fictionaut has been an integral part of my writing life for almost as long as I have been writing again, and my work would not be as polished without my compatriots in The Woodshed workshop group, versions I and II. I had a lot of catching up to do. I guess this is a roundabout way to say it, but as of today, February 16, 2012, I am the published author of my first chapbook, Final Notes, and I am absolutely thrilled to have a book I can hold in my hands with my name on it. My friend Bill Yarrow made this possible by pointing me in the right direction, and I am so thankful for his kindness and unfailing optimism about my writerly possibilities. Mark Vincenz, Sam Pereira, Susan Tepper, and my friend and grad. school mentor, Shara McCallum, were all generous in offering blurbs for my little book. Thanks to all of you. My friend, artist Lisa Cardenas, generously offered her painting, Number 5, for the cover. It is beautiful. Today is a good day indeed. If anyone would like to purchase a signed copy of the book, please back message me, and I will be delighted to send you one. Here is a link to the publisher: http://nakedmannekin.blogspot.com/2012/01/final-notes-by-jp-reese.html, and one to my blog at wordpress with more details: http://jpreesetoo.wordpress.com/category/chap-book/
    Thank you to everyone else who has been so generous to me in the last two years--You know who you are.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 16, 07:31pm

Joani, this is a great day for you!!! I'm so thrilled to see the book is out and ready to be shipped! I most definitely want my copies signed by you and will messg you back.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gorgeous cover presentation for this book, too!!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Feb 16, 09:25pm

Joani, I could not be happier for you. Dream made into reality. I would love a signed copy, and will email for details. Again, celebrate this joyous occasion, please!

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Feb 16, 09:26pm

Hurrah, Joani! I'm thrilled for you! I hope you're drinking champagne. Korbel makes an excellent extra Brut, for not very many dollars. Treat yourself: you deserve it!

Life is good!

• Dscf4986.thumb
    Andrew Stancek
    Feb 16, 10:26pm

Absolutely thrilled for you, Joani. I am a great fan and of course I want a signed book.

Joani Reese
    Feb 16, 10:29pm

Thanks to all of you. I hope you know how grateful I am to have such supportive people in my writing life.

Bill--Ha! You know me too well. I do strive to be a CHEAP drunk when I imbibe, especially these days. However, my darling spouse bought me a bottle of Chandon Blanc de Noirs for Valentine's Day, so I'll be upscale (slightly) in my celebrating when he gets home tonight!

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Feb 16, 10:36pm

It gives me great joy, Joani, so see you so happy and to think of you celebrating with Gary tonight the publication of your beautiful book. Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! My you go from strength to strength. This is, I know, just the first of many volumes that we will see from you.

• Facebook.thumb
    John Riley
    Feb 16, 11:31pm

I haven't been around two years but I nevertheless am thrilled to see your work collected. Congratulations.

• Nicolette_apr_2012.thumb
    Nicolette Wong
    Feb 17, 12:04am

Congratulations, Joani! Well-deserved and I'm very thrilled for you. You rock our world and like Bill says, we'll look forward to many more volumes of fine, fine work from you!

Joani Reese
    Feb 17, 01:25am

Bill- You know how I feel about what you've done for me.

John and Nicolette--Thank you so much. I'm pleased you have become Internet writing colleagues and friends.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 17, 02:05am

Joani, a huge congratulations on making your dream come true. I am soooooo happy for you, and cannot wait to dig into your little tome. Peace...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Feb 17, 03:58am

Joani, this is wonderful. Congratulations. There can be no greater joy for a writer than to hold your first book in your hand.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Feb 17, 05:13am

'grats, JP!

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Feb 17, 05:24am

Congratulations on the book JP!! Can't wait to get it in my hands.

• Dsc01252new.thumb
    Jules Archer
    Feb 17, 05:31am

Congratulations!!! This is awesome for you, and your readers! ;) Will definitely be clicking the link this weekend and getting my own.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Feb 17, 05:41am

Your accomplishment and success is so well deserved. So glad I joined Fn in time to share your excitement. Well done!

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    Feb 17, 08:18am

So many congrats JP!! It's thrilling!

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Feb 17, 03:28pm

Big congratulations, Joani. Your own good work deserves the kind of reward you do for others in many ways.

Joani Reese
    Feb 17, 04:46pm

Thank you to everyone who has commented. I do appreciate your kindness and support, and I've even sold THREE books! Ha! Watch for me on Letterman soon : )

• Tinabarry.thumb
    Tina Barry
    Feb 17, 05:49pm

I'm so excited for you, Joanie, and yes, I want a signed copy asap. I'll e-mail with address. Rock on!

• 20130617_093957.thumb
    Kari Nguyen
    Feb 18, 12:58am

Pumped for you, JP! Messaging you now!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Feb 18, 04:35am

You have worked so hard for this,dear friend, and I could not be happier for you. Consider yourself now on the express to fame and fortune! Ordering signed copy soon.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Feb 18, 03:59pm

Great, great, great.

Joani Reese
    Feb 18, 04:23pm

What kind responses I've received from so many people. Sent books across the US and even to Iceland and Canada yesterday! The Internet is so cool... Thank you.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.