PDF

O'Arlo's Journal: About Myself


by Dianne McKnight-Warren



Part One

Every morning if I don't have to go potty when I wake up I lie on my round bed in the corner and wait for She to get up.

When She gets up She goes potty. First thing. First thing, I get a sock from one of three places: floor, dirty laundry hamper overflowing, clean laundry basket unfolded. Floor or dirty is best and usually available.

I take sock in mouth to She on toilet, look down sly. She says, “Oh Arlo, you clever dog!” She says that every time with floor or dirty. With clean unfolded sometimes not.

She pries teeth open (I help) and takes sock out of mouth, puts it on top of hamper. I take it back in mouth and walk around. Drop it somewhere.

She turns on water burner. I sit and wait by Provision Cabinet. She comes, opens, and takes out three big kibbles, puts them on floor in front of me. She knows I won't go out until I get three big kibbles. I won't. No way. She calls this my down payment. “Oh Arlo, you need your down payment,” is what She says. 

I eat my three kibbles and I go out and take whizz. Nice little whizz. 


Part Two

If I do have to go potty when I wake up I don't lie on my round bed in the corner and wait for She to get up. First thing, I get sock from one of three places: floor, dirty laundry hamper overflowing, clean laundry basket unfolded. 

I take sock in mouth to She in bed. I paw left side of bed two, three times. She wakes up. I lift up my head, show sock. She says, “Oh Arlo, you clever dog,” but no exclamation point. She gets up, turns on water burner, and follows me to Provision Cabinet. “Oh Arlo, you need your down payment,” She says. I drop sock right there.

I eat my three kibbles and I go out and take whizz. Nice whizz.


Part Three

If I really have to go potty when I wake up I don't get sock from one of three places: floor, dirty laundry hamper overflowing, clean laundry basket unfolded. I don't take sock in mouth to She in bed. I paw left side of bed two, three times. She wakes up. I lift up my head, show no sock. She says, “Oh Arlo!” She gets up but doesn't turn on water burner. I don't go to Provision Cabinet. She follows me to door and opens.

I go out and take whizz. Nice loooong whizz. 


Most Important Thing I Discovered About Myself: I like a routine, eating kibbles, taking whizzes.







Endcap