Forum / 52|250's last hurrah

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    May 08, 10:25am

Hi folks. Yep, it's me, finally back here at Fn, where I intend to come read and read and read after this Friday when I end my dreary days at my dreadful job. Because gosh I miss the writing/reading here...

And oddly enough, my year-of-dreadful-job coincides with my year-of-wonderful-flash, and that is much more fun to talk about.

And so...

please know that 52|250's YEAR OF FLASH is about to end and it would not have had the terrific start it did without the Fictionaut community. What a blast it's been -- what a wonderful way to read flash for a year. Thanks to everyone who has been a part.

AND ALSO: You have time to submit one more story.

Our last theme is THREESOME. This last week will be a bang-up week for sure -- already there is a top-notch line-up in our roster. But it's not too late to join in one last time -- or one first time if you've never flashed there before.

SUBMIT IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS TO OUR LAST EVER EDITION OF 52|250! We'd be honored to see you there!

http://52250flash.wordpress.com/

Best to you all, and see you real soon!

-Michelle

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    May 08, 10:59am

Michelle, you, John, and Walter have produced and presented an astounding body of work over this past year and I thank you all for what you've done. I am proud to have been a part of it and grateful not only to you three, but to all who contributed and inspired the project.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 08, 12:07pm

One of the most important projects on the Internet -- Great run.

• Frank_rasky.thumb
    Frank Vander Rasky
    May 08, 03:39pm

One of the first Fn groups I signed up with was 52|250. The prospect of having one’s work appear in 52|250’s beautifully illustrated, cleanly designed website was a terrific writing incentive. I contributed 6 stories and was thrilled that the first flash fiction I ever wrote was in the 2nd quarter “Best Of” edition. Thank you Michelle, John, and Walter for creating a wonderful showcase for flash fiction writers and wishing you much success with your next online venture.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    May 08, 04:11pm

yes to your restless work throughout the year - this was indeed one of the best and most important projects of the literary web. michelle, john and walter have written themselves into publishing history & all those who contributed so enthusiastically are part of it - there are many, many treasures among the stories published at 52|250. thank you!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    May 08, 06:41pm

I just adore 52/250 and the supportive community of writers that has grown around this project. It will be something I'll miss greatly.
    So many thanks to the Magnificent Three, our Eds: Michelle, John & Walt for their vision and their hard work.

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    May 09, 07:59pm

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm in this year. To say it has been an amazing experience just does not sum it up.

Off to work on this week's line-up now.

My very best to all here...
    -Michelle

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    May 09, 08:10pm

this was a lovely project and a really interesting experience. it turned out to be an important aspect of a turn i was making with the writing game that i didn't know i was making until i was already well into it. and i got to read--and then meet kinda--a whole community of lovely folk who make consistently interesting work.

thanks to michelle, john & walt for making the frame. and to everyone who wrote stuff for making the place so consistently interesting to hang out with. and for reading.

look forward to the more adventures.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    May 09, 10:43pm

I can't say enough thanks to Michelle, John and Walter for all the work you did and to every writer who contributed any work, thanks for all you have given me, too. What an awesome venue, and even better, a great community, indeed. I will miss that, and yet we all morph on, everyday.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    May 10, 01:40am

Great project. I was happy to be a part of it.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    May 10, 02:19am

I feel a bit bereft with the end of 52/250. The weekly prompt served as my indulgence of 'new' writing betwixt revising two novels. I think 52/250 kept me sane this past year.

A huge THANKS to Michelle, Walter, and John for this incredible opportunity to contribute to the hundreds (thousands?) of stories, to read the gifts of the other writers, to marvel in the different stories all wrought from the same word or phrase. I'll miss the community, miss the challenge. Peace...

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    May 11, 12:55am

THANK YOU ALL!! But it ain't over yet...

52|250's third quarterly review, THIRTYNINE, just launched:

http://52250thirtynine.wordpress.com/

and the last week of flash is due out in two days, and it's a DOOZY of a week!

Cheers!
    -ME

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    May 11, 03:20am

1,510 flashes of all sorts so far - with perhaps 52 (or more) for the final grand week!!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.