Forum / Istanbul Literary Review LIVE from Turkey

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 03, 04:04pm

We are proud to feature the work of the following 11 Fictionaut writers, along with other outstanding writers from the world over, in our Winter 2011 issue

In no special order:
    Linda Simoni-Wastila, James Lloyd Davis, Michelle Elvy, James Robison, Michael Dickes, Bill Yarrow, Isabell Serafin, Jules Archer, Estelle Bruno, Matthew Hamilton, Roberto A. Garcia

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Feb 03, 04:21pm

Great issue! Congrats all. Thanks, Susan and Gloria.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 03, 04:33pm

I forgot to include the link!
    www.ilrmagazine.net

• 20130617_093957.thumb
    Kari Nguyen
    Feb 03, 04:47pm

Wonderful!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Feb 03, 06:56pm

"Late August" by James Robison is one of the finest pieces of poetry I've ever encountered. I feel lucky to have read it here. It is beautiful beyond praise, wise and with a perfect ending that delivers everything so well promised in the body of the poem above it. Please do yourself a favor and read this masterpiece for yourself. It is human,magical,original and without one bit of pretense. Wow! What a great literary treat.Thank you ILR for giving this one back to the world.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Feb 03, 07:46pm

A lovely issue. James Robison's poem is indeed worth the trip. I'd call it iconic.

I'm pleased to be included among so many fine writers. Thanks, Susan and Gloria.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 03, 07:47pm

Oh, yeah: to Second Darry's comment.
    And we're lucky to have the other 10 fabulous F'naut writers in this issue, also..

Susan Tepper
    Feb 03, 07:49pm

Should have been: Oh, yeah! And to Second DARRYL'S Comment.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 03, 09:13pm

Congratulations to everyone involved! Kudos.

• Estelle_bruno.thumb
    Estelle Bruno
    Feb 03, 10:13pm

Gloria and Susan, thanks so much. Your cover is beautiful.

much appreciation.

• 0388e1260hbw.thumb
    Mark Reep
    Feb 03, 11:09pm

Great issue, Susan! Darryl's right, Late August is amazing. 'Cowering in the glare of so much craving'. Wow. So far I've read JLD's Sand, Isabel's Ho Chi Minh City, and Michele's Two Landscapes- All stellar!

Susan Tepper
    Feb 04, 12:19am

From Gloria Mindock (ed in chief) and myself, a big thanks to all who've read over the issue. Also-- try the recipes if you like to cook.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Feb 04, 01:44am

Super! Thanks Susan! I'm going to jump on right now and take a look.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Feb 04, 02:21am

A wonderful issue. Great, great selections. And a big yes to Robison's piece.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 04, 02:42am

Thank you Susan and Gloria! GORGEOUS issue, and yes, yes, yes to all the fictionauters present. I'm honored to be included with such amazing writers. Off to read! Peace...

• Dsc01252new.thumb
    Jules Archer
    Feb 04, 02:47am

Yes, so honored to be in the issue with all these great writers. Thank you Susan and Gloria for putting out a great issue. Planning to read it ALL this weekend!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.