1. 30-somethings with Never Ending Story tattoos.
2. Single dads.
3. Secretaries on their lunch break alone.
4. Bar clientele before 12 PM.
5. A lone baby shoe in the street (Like where did the baby go? Was she raptured? Did her foot suddenly explode?).
6. Calling a number you used to know and finding that it's disconnected.
7. When a person tries to add to a conversation and no one hears them, so they sit quietly with their unstated opinion, looking slightly disappointed.
8. An abandoned blog.
9. Trampled-on flowers.
10. Realizing you've put off meeting up with a beloved friend or family member for a period of years.