PDF

Bob the Builder


by Larry Strattner


“It'll be hell to get the ceilings cleaned off.” You think to yourself.

It's not difficult to build a sawed off shotgun. It'll make a nice surprise. A double is preferred. The second barrel can be for the concrete guy.

Saw the front off the double barrel end and the stock off just at the pistol grip section and use a wood file and metal file to smooth off the burrs.

You take two dozen roses and arrange them around the shotgun with the barrel end just below the blooms. Tie up the bouquet with that green wire florist's use.  

She says “Ooh, Roses!” In a voice you know now is fake. Leans over to have a sniff and you pull the trigger on one of the barrels.

A third squat, fat, brass bottomed, green round is in your pocket if later you think you need it. You actually considered being happy.

The concrete guy's truck is parked in front of your house. There's nothing for him to be doing there except your wife.

It's not difficult for a guy with some money to snag a too beautiful wife. When you ask her to marry she says, “Ooh, of course I will!”

It's a spring day. The trees are still bare. The lawns are green. Forsythia's out. You can't believe you forgot the goddamn plat drawings at home. Too much work all at once.

Always the way in early spring.

Endcap