Forum / X-rated story on Metazen

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 07:51pm

My story "Underground" on Metazen today!
    Kind of X-rated (well, X, for me..

http://www.metazen.ca/?p=7078

• Fb_fanpage2.thumb
    George LaCas
    Apr 12, 10:17pm

Yikes! Dirty and experimental, both good things in my book.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 10:43pm

Hey George, thanks!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Apr 12, 11:52pm

Yikes in a great way! LOVE IT. Great writing, Susan!

Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 12:22am

Robert! Glad you like! Many thanks!

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Apr 13, 01:17am

Congratulations Susan. Nice work.

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 13, 05:42am

Oh what a sexy sexy story! And I write this as someone who doesn't shy away from writing about sex, but were you a man in a past life paying young tricks to fellate you? Ha ha, I really enjoyed this - dark and mysterious and very sexy without being disgustingly sordid ... just sordid enough! Really, I loved this ... shame you did not put this in to PS for queer month!

Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 05:21pm

Matt, I take what you write as the ultimate compliment on this story! Thank you! I gave it to Metazen a while ago, before you announced the queer issue. A lot of editors shyed away from it, said it was "well done but not for them."
    I'm thrilled that Frank Hinton gave the story a place. Matt, thanks so much for reading it and liking it!

• Dscf4986.thumb
    Andrew Stancek
    Apr 13, 05:43pm

Wow, Susan, just wow! I have a "sexy story" coming up in Pure Slush later this month but mine is tame compared to this. Congratulations!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Apr 13, 05:52pm

Great story, Susan. Congratulations. A good read.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 07:04pm

Andrew & Sam, thank you both!

Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 07:05pm

Matthew, nice to see you! Thanks so much for reading my story!

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 13, 10:08pm

Ha ha - oh, I assumed you had sent it to Metazen a while ago.

But it's the gay theme, right, that editors didn't like. There IS a lot of macho posturing going on in the online flash world.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 10:27pm

Apparently the theme bothered some people. They didn't say, but that was the implication. I like trying out new voices and characters of both genders. This is not my first "gay themed" piece. In my book Deer there is a gay theme story called Blue Skies.

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 14, 12:57am

Yeah, their moralising masked as editorialising is boring and pointless.

Am sure if the characters were straight the initial reception would have been different, if the husband was upstairs and the wife was entertaining.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 14, 01:19am

I was taught early on to "write what you want." I agree with that fully. Take the risk and stand behind what you write. Art has always been about risk. Otherwise, hang wallpaper.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Apr 14, 01:47am

Great story Susan. Explicit, by no means purple, full of longing. I just recently wrote my first man-on-man sex scene and felt tentative about writing it. I learned from yours, so thanks. You got balls to write it ;^) Peace...

Susan Tepper
    Apr 14, 09:25am

Linda, good for you, I would love to see it published soon! I hadn't the slightest trepidation about writing mine because writing is all about constructing life on the page, and we are just the hand that moves for the muse.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.