Forum / Another Pair of Fictionauts Release a Book! New Novel by Gary Percesepe & Susan Tepper

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Aug 21, 08:11pm

Meg & Jack got into the act with their naughty new book, and now Susan Tepper and I show up with our offering, below.

We fully expect you to buy the damn book, ok?

Why? Because it is HOT HOT HOT, that's why.

OK, sorry, was trying out my self-promo muscle. I see it is out of practice.

Seriously folks, we'd be honored. Go buy Jack & Meg's book, then continue with your naughtiness, but take it to the next level--buy ours.

Details below.

Note to folks in NYC: Susan and I will be reading at the Sunday Salon in the East Village on October 17 at 7 pm. We MAY also be reading sometime the week of September 27, stay tuned.

Cervena Barva Press Announces a New Book
    WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN
    Letters of Jackson Pollock & Dori G

A novel by Gary Percesepe and Susan Tepper
    What May Have Been is a novel in letters exchanged between the artist Jackson Pollock and his fictional lover, a young woman called Dori G.

Gary Percesepe and Susan Tepper have created a luminous love story that takes place sometime during the late 1940's, in that sandy wonderland at the eastern tip of Long Island known as The Hamptons.

Advance Praise

"In this extraordinary novel, Pollock tells his lover that things like paint and wives are very small in the scheme of things. Gary Percesepe and Susan Tepper show how the great scheme of things is, in fact, in literary art, captured in paint and wives and a Montauk surf and a silky scarf and narrow hips and a cold water flat and a used Ford. Brilliantly conceived, brilliantly executed, this is a stunning book about art and about life."
    —Robert Olen Butler, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain

"The fictional letters between Pollock and an imaginary Dori G come out in a hailstorm of paint flecks, lockets, long looks, kisses, blowing sand. Dori sees Jackson in his distance and his nearing, and his return to her like the visit of one of the Greek gods to his mortal lover, as piercing and as fatal."
    —Mary Grimm, author of Left to Themselves and Stealing Time

"How to convey the irresistible pleasures of this novel in letters? The language mimics the slashing, dramatic immediate heroic gestures of abstract expressionism, is an extraordinary act of poetic invention, and tells a sexy and doomed love story."
    —James Robison, author of The Illustrator and Rumors

"These two fervent voices exude the splendor and gloom of adulterous love."
    —Mark Wisniewski, author of Confessions of a Polish Used Car Salesman

Fiction | $15.00 | ISBN 978-0-9844732-8-1 | 104 Pages
    Shipping Date: September 15, 2010
    Order online at http://www.thelostbookshelf.com/WhatMayHaveBeen.html

What May Have Been: Letters of Jackson Pollock and Dori G
    $15.00

Shipping
    $3.00

Total
    $18.00

Send check or money order payable to:
    Cervena Barva Press
    P.O. Box 440357,
    W. Somerville, MA 02144-3222
    e-mail: editor@cervenabarvapress.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send me______copies of "What May Have Been: Letters of Jackson Pollock and Dori G" Total enclosed: $________

Name____________________________________________________________________

Street____________________________________________________________________

City___________________________State________________Zip____________________

e-mail_________________________________Phone_____________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Attached Images

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Aug 21, 08:19pm

Outstanding. Wonderful news. Congratulations to you and Susan.

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Aug 22, 04:25am

Super! I am ordering! Right after I figure out how to get my order of Sam's book send to one place and billed to another. Online doing that just now (well, doing that and now doing this).

Congratulations to you both. Can't wait for all these packages to arrive.

• Innis_author_photo.thumb
    Julie Innis
    Aug 22, 09:21am

This is EXCELLENT news! Congratulations to you both and to Cervena Barva Press.

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    Aug 22, 09:23am

Congrats Susan and Gary! I am looking forward to ordering and reading. Perhaps include address of Sunday Salon reading in October, so that those of us here in NY can be sure to attend.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Aug 22, 10:54am

Please update us about a reading on Sept. 27. I may be able to attend Sunday Salon as well. Congratulations!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Aug 22, 11:33am

Very sneaky! Who knew you too even knew each other outside the submarine? Perhaps we should just start pairing off Fictionauts and see what happens? Personally I can't wait to read this one since it's by two of my very favorite writers! Both of you,individually speaking,have inspired me over and over again to do and be. Thank you for that and congratulations on the book. Terrific idea.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Aug 22, 11:57am

Thanks so much to all of you who've sent good wishes on our book.

We are reading for sure on Oct. 17 at Sundaysalon in NYC. Will post a reading announcement in early October.

The other NY reading is not firm yet, will keep you posted about that.

We think you will like the book. It turned out beautiful to hold, and the story is a passionate one

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Aug 22, 12:01pm

Wonderful news.

Susan Tepper
    Aug 22, 01:27pm

A quick comment: Gary and I had never met or ever even talked on the phone when we decided to write this book. It was an idea that evolved out of an email exchange about The Hamptons, all rather serendipitous. And we didn't talk on the phone or meet until after the book was complete. In case anyone is wondering (Darryl Price you little devil!)

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Aug 22, 01:54pm

Gary and Susan, sittin' in a tree,
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

(couldn't resist!)

Congrats, guys!

Susan Tepper
    Aug 22, 03:44pm

Oh my god, Matt, you are flipping on us. But you did make me laugh and that's always a good thing! In the novel Jackson Pollock and Dori G do do a lot of kissing...
    Thanks for your congrats!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Aug 22, 05:37pm

Congratulations! So exciting -- and lots of kissing? Sounds wonderful, and thank you for putting the order form right here!

Great advance reviews, no slacking there. Very excited for both of you! peace...

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Aug 22, 08:46pm

It has to be great, with two such talented collaborators. Congratulations.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Aug 22, 10:09pm

department of further clarification:

even tough susan and i went out to eat at john's pizza on bleecker street recently, i did NOT write my food/sex poem for her, LOL

AND---we split the pizza bill!

ps--she did however pay for the gelato at roccos.

what's a boy gonna do? susan is insistent. i let her pay.

about the book---did i mention it is HOT

it is WAY hotter than meg & jack's book.

ha ha . ha ha ha ha

in a HOT OFF, we win.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Aug 22, 11:45pm

ok, for those wanting the details on the october 17 reading in the east village, here they are:

Sunday, October 17, 7 pm

Jimmy's
    43 43 E. 7th St. (b/w 2nd & 3rd Aves)7 p.m.

(Pleased that we will be on the prgram that night with my pal Rick Moody, who also has a new novel out)

So everybody in the nyc area (that's a boatload of us at FN, right?) please show up and party with us!

ok?

ok

--gary

ps---thanks to sara lippman & nita noveno for setting up this gig for us

pps--susan is still working on a reading in september, as i will be in town the week of sept 27, etc. don't change that station--

• Dsc01252new.thumb
    Jules Archer
    Aug 23, 01:36am

Yay! Yay, yay, yay!! Congrats. I have so many Fnaut books to read!!

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Aug 23, 07:34am

Very cool! Big congratulations to your both. Look forward to reading it!

• Nuclearman2_1_.thumb
    Christian Bell
    Aug 23, 08:11am

Congratulations to both of you!

Susan Tepper
    Aug 23, 08:40am

Gary definitely did not write his food/sex poem for me, I can vouch for that.

We have great on-screen/on paper chemistry but that's the sum total of our love.

I only bought the gelato because he started to sulk over the high prices of NYC food...
    and he SO WANTED his gelato...
    and you all know how Gary can be...
    (just kidding of course)

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Aug 23, 09:17am

Congrats to you both!!! I can't wait to read the book!

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Aug 23, 06:18pm

Great news! Congratulations!

Susan Tepper
    Aug 23, 08:00pm

Thanks so very much to everybody who has sent us their congratulations! We're pretty excited about this book

A quick CORRECTION on Oct. 17 reading address:

Jimmy's 43
    43 East 7th Street (bet 2nd & 3rd aves)
    NYC (east village)
    7pm

• You must log in to reply to this thread.