PDF

Revisionist History


by Todd Maupin


Dearest Gloria,

My love, please accept my most sincere and humble apologies for my deplorable behavior. There is no excuse, nor rationale for my thoughtless and cruel actions the other night. The truth is that I was scared that I would lose you and this is why I lashed out as I did. I can only hope that you will find it in your heart to let me make amends. Would you please meet up with me and allow me to tell you how much you truly mean to me. I miss you. I love you. I am lost without you. The joy that you brought to my life vanished when you left, and all that remains is a hollow and desolate existence. Please hear me out, let me make it up to you even though I do not deserve it, nor do I deserve to be with you. I can be a better man, a better human being. I will be both, and correct the course of my life by thinking and acting unselfishly, putting others first, starting with you. My actions will prove to you that I am serious and genuine. I promise you that my journey to become a better person has already started. Won't you please join me?

Yours always,

Scott

section break

My dearest Gloria,

Please accept my humble apologies for my horrible behavior. I cannot defend my actions. I was afraid of losing you. This is why I lashed out. Please consider seeing me so that I may explain myself to you. I miss you. I love you. I am lost without the joy you bring to my life. Living is not fulfilling without you by my side. Please meet up with me, let me make it up to you. I can be a better man and I want the woman I love beside me. Will you meet with me? Please?

Yours always,

Scott

section break
Dear Gloria,

I am so very sorry for what I did. There are no words. I was wrong for being jealous and not trusting you. I can explain it all for you, make you understand why I did what I did. I miss you. I miss our special time together. I know you miss it too. I know you miss me. Let's meet for coffee or lunch, okay? I know you will see it my way once we have talked about things.

Yours,

Scott

section break
Gloria,

I am sorry for the other day. I just was not trusting you anymore and you made me crazy is all. This is how I am, you know? Let's sit down and talk about it. Then we can make up in style. ;-) I miss spending time with you, mostly our nights. I'll try to do better. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7? Wear that sparkly dress I like.

Scott

section break
Babe,

I'm sorry. I should have known you were not into that loser. Next time, give me a signal so I know I can trust you, okay? You would have come back to me even if I had not hit him. I won't do that again. My hand hurts anyway. lol I'll see you tomorrow night. I was going to send you flowers too, but the new PS4 game I told you about came out and I needed money for that.

Scott

section break

iMessage:

Hey. My hand hurts. Can you come over?

Not Delivered

section break

Copyright 2022 by Todd Maupin
Endcap