PDF

Psycho Logic Deregulation


by J. Mykell Collinz


"Check it out, mom."


"What's that, son?"


"A guy on the radio says the government is under the control of people who take some kind of drug. It gives them awareness of another dimension that's all around us but we need the drug to see it."


"That's nonsense, honey. Stop listening to the radio, it isn't good for you. I hope you found time for your homework."


"They don't give us homework no more."


"What, no homework? I never heard of such a thing. Are you telling me the truth?"


"I swear to God."


"Don't say that."


"Oh, yeah, I forgot. Anyway, the guy on the radio said . . . "


"I don't want to know what the guy on the radio said, honey. Just eat your breakfast or you'll be late for school."


"School starts an hour later now, mom. And there's only two hours in the afternoon. A kid in my class told me his father said the school is gonna close at the end of the year."


"Close the school? How can they do that? Where will the kids go? They can't just stay at home."


"I'd rather stay at home than go to that stupid school."


"You're not going to learn anything useful playing video games and listening to the radio."


"They use video games to teach stuff. To soldiers and pilots and lots of other things."


"Do you want to be a soldier and die in a war like your father?"


"Yes."


"Don't you care about me? I lost him, I can't lose you, too. No, I won't go through that again."


  "It isn't going to happen any time soon, mom, so don't be worrying about it right now."
 

"Right now is the right time to be worrying about it, young man."


"The guy on the radio says a war is inevitable between humans and aliens who are coming from another dimension. Some of them are already here now but we can't see them without this drug to open circuits in our brain."


"Well, if people in the government are taking the drug, why can't they protect us?"


"Because the government works for the aliens now, taking over the world. That's why everything's so screwed up."


"It's not true, son. Don't believe it. They shouldn't allow people to say that on the radio."


"They're trying to stop him, that's what he said. They don't want us to know the truth."


"It's not the truth, honey."


"But how do you know that?"


"Finish your breakfast. I need to clean up in the kitchen so I can get dressed for work. I'll be late if I don't catch the next bus. When you get home from school, stay in the house, keep the doors locked."

Endcap