Forum / Other online haunts for writers?

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Apr 05, 07:20pm

Does anyone know of any other online places for writers to share their work/projects and chat? I have been looking around for more places to meet people with similar writing interests to me (mostly poetry and short stories) but am having trouble finding places that feel right.

Just thought I would ask.

:) Don't worry, I still love fictionaut. I am just branching out a little.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Apr 05, 11:45pm

Hey Kait,
    There's a women writers network that I was invited to, but I am having trouble finding it right now. When I find it I'll let you know, or maybe you can google it? It seemed pretty solid. And by that I mean their graphics didn't suck. Also, Poets and Writers has always had a coolio list serve. I haven't been on it for years now, but it used to be great for research regarding lit mags and schools and stuff and stuff.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Apr 06, 09:11pm

Oh! She Writes is the name of the one I couldn't remember.

• 2734896685_cccc347f0a_b.thumb
    Kevin Myrick
    Apr 11, 06:29pm

What about for those of us of the male persuasion? I've seen some other places out there, but they don't have that intimate, easy-to-use feel that Fictionaut does.

Suggestions?

• Better.thumb

How 'bout "The Den of Amateur Writing"? (I just recently heard about it, from this poster):

http://www.amateurwriting.net/infusions/writings/writings.php?step=viewwriting&wid=4229

• Sunburn_selfie.thumb
    Jane Hammons
    Apr 11, 11:03pm

There is also Red Room, though some of its policies have changed. I think it might cost now to join. They also have a weird, to me, hierarchy: authors and "members." I am a member because I have not written a book. Anyway, it is open to all persuasions. Especially the paying kind :)

http://www.redroom.com/

• 2734896685_cccc347f0a_b.thumb
    Kevin Myrick
    Apr 12, 02:14am

I'm on Red Room too Jane, and don't really get it at all.

-Kev

• You must log in to reply to this thread.