Forum / First gastarbeiter: Darryl Price

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 14, 10:31am

The first guest post ever on "Nothing to Flawnt" is by our very own Darryl Price: "<a href="http://blog.marcusspeh.com/?page_id=2151">My Journal And the Start of My Journey</a>".

This is a monthly feature which will include both writers and editors, tricksters and secret agents, e.g. <a href="http://killauthor.com">kill author</a> next month. Enjoy!

Marcus Speh
    Jan 14, 12:37pm

turns out it'll be more of a fortnightly enterprise. and if you're curious what a "gastarbeiter" is you'll have to <a href="http://blog.marcusspeh.com/?page_id=2143">look for yourself</a>.

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Jan 15, 01:47pm

Great beginning! Darryl's poem is a joy.

• 20130617_093957.thumb
    Kari Nguyen
    Jan 15, 05:43pm

Fantastic!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jan 15, 08:11pm

Enjoyed the post. Always enjoy the blog.

Marcus Speh
    Jan 15, 11:49pm

thanks everyone. great response to darryl's exquisite post. i'm very grateful to him for providing me with such a wonderful gift, and to you for coming to our little show.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jan 16, 02:30am

Standing ovation for Darryl's poem. No one here should miss it.

• 3a.thumb
    Walter Bjorkman
    Jan 16, 06:14am

James sums it up - this is terrific. I take it as one of DP's best that I have read. That's saying a lot.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 16, 04:39pm

Marcus has always been an inspiration to me, and a good friend.I love this guy and his amazing work more than I can say. His wacky, inventive and highly original talent knows no bounds.So I was humbled and extremely glad and grateful to be asked to be the first guest post on "Nothing to Flawnt." I decided to write something just for this space which had never appeared anywhere else--and never will. Because Marcus deserves that from me. I'd been playing around with poems about dreams, and this one just came to me. I had the main idea for it already in my head, but all of the words were still in a jumble. I gave it a good 48 hour work-over before I was satisfied with the result. I wanted the ending to be abrupt to show the sensation talked about in the words. I hope I succeeded. Your many kind responses have brought a smile to my face, because now I can rest assured that I did not let my friend down. One last thing;there is a companion dream poem to this one. It involves me and John Lennon sitting around a warped butcher table with our feet up and laughing our asses off when I notice that he's wearing a pair of red socks--which starts me to crying. I tell him,"I love you, John" and just like in the God poem I'm thrown back into my own living circumstances. Thanks for coming. All of your remarks are deeply appreciated. Thanks for supporting Marcus, and believing in my poetry.

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Jan 17, 01:50am

Marcus, bitte, ich möchte einen Gastarbeiter werden. Ha ha ... Matt.

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Jan 17, 01:54am

I bet there was something wrong in there, a forgotten 'zu' or something ...

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 17, 02:24am

Super poem by DP (love the title especially) and a great launch to your series, Marcus! Congrats both! Peace...

Darryl Price
    Jan 17, 07:41pm

Thanks Linda!

Darryl Price
    Jan 25, 08:56pm

Can anybody explain to me exactly what TUMBIR is? Thanks--I'm really curious--but I need more information. Is it like Fictionaut?

• You must log in to reply to this thread.