Forum / Wyoming Journal

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 09, 10:05pm

Dear Fictionauters-

In 48 hours I will leave for Wyoming on a writer's retreat. I ain't never done nothin' like this before! Could be heaven. Could be, well, I don't know what. I hope to write my ass off. Anyway, I've created a blog. The address is wyomingjournal.blogspot.com. I've already posted on little thing.

I'd love to hear from you. I 'spect it's going to be lonely out there on the plains. No TV, little internet (there are a couple of "hot spots" on the ranch, and ... no car). What I will have is my computer, a camera, and lots of little notebooks I can stick in my jacket pockets.

You all have been a lifeline to me. I'll give you the skinny on what it's really like to go on a retreat. Please join me...

Best,

D'Arcy

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    Oct 09, 10:12pm

Hope it proves to be a wonderful new experience D'Arcy. I will look forward to following along!

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 09, 10:19pm

Thanks, Cherise! If nothing else, it's good material!!!

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Oct 09, 10:36pm

I'll check out yer blog (what a lovely word: blog...)

You know, if you bookmark the site and then copy/paste the bookmark, the link will be hot(active).

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 09, 11:04pm

Thank you, Matt. I hope I did this right!

http://wyomingjournal.blogspot.com/

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Oct 09, 11:09pm

Have a great time.

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 09, 11:11pm

Thanks, Matthew! Hope I don't get too nuts out there.

• Dsc01252new.thumb
    Jules Archer
    Oct 10, 12:39am

So cool! I love Wyoming. Get lost in the Wilderness (metaphorically of course) and have some fun times!!!

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Oct 10, 05:10am

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing. I've done the Wesleyan Seminar but not a retreat as yet. I'm really hot on getting a small group of writers together and renting a small cottage deep in the woods, with a lake, and of course, internet access.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 10, 08:04am

D'arcy, such places are like a vacuum that sucks out all the pretense we accumulate, makes us like children with new eyes, new dreams, new souls. The desert did that to me and it's hardly a thing to fear. I do hope you enjoy the time and look forward to reading your thoughts.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Oct 10, 09:37am

D'Arcy, I bet you come out of this with a ton of new material. Have a blast, and enjoy what is different and new out there. It sounds like a heavenly escape route

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 10, 09:55am

Dear Jules, Susan, James, and Susan T:

Thank you for your good wishes. Can you tell how excited I am???!!! I'm packing my hikin' books. Jules, I too love the west, and James,, I'm a huge fan of the desert as well. Walking rain, anyone? Susan G., I think a writer's retreat would be so wonderful. I agree about the internet access. And a chance to come together at the end of the day? Miss Susan T: I hope this does give me stuff to write about.

Best,

D'Arcy

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Oct 10, 09:57am

D'Arcy, is that in Jackson Hole by chance? At any rate, I am jealous of this retreat. Have a great, productive, and inspiring time there.

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 10, 11:31am

Thanks, Kathy. Actually, it's in the northeast corner of the state, near Sheridan. It's the U-Cross Ranch, run by the U-Cross Foundation. It's a working ranch. Thanks for you kind wishes. You ought to apply!!!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 10, 01:44pm

Write, write, write.

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 10, 01:52pm

I will, Sam!!!! Promise!

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Oct 10, 03:31pm

Good travels and inspiration, D'Arcy!

• Dsc_0321.thumb
    D'Arcy Fallon
    Oct 10, 04:14pm

Thanks, Ann!!!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Oct 10, 08:45pm

Happy travels D'Arcy! Already blog-hopped.

Susan, there is a house on the James River in Virginia that rents rooms especially for writers and poets. Kitchen, porch, ashram down the road, wifi...

just a hint, ya know! Peace...

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Oct 11, 08:46am

Ah, I'm so tempted!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 11, 11:19am

Linda, where is that place? The James is a rather long river.

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Oct 11, 08:43pm

Checked out your blog, D'Arcy. Enjoyed very much. Looking forward to your postings from the ranch.
    Best,
    Bill

• Sunburn_selfie.thumb
    Jane Hammons
    Oct 11, 09:55pm

Sounds like heaven! I'll be checking in on your blog.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.