Forum / Congratulations Mr Trump

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 08:41am

Great day for America, perhaps there is still hope for the rest of the world?

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 09, 02:39pm

Thanks for nothing. In our infinite wisdom we've just elected one of the worst people in our country to be, quite probably, the worst president of the modern era. This is a remarkable feat considering the competition for worst: Bush Jr., Regan, Nixon, LBJ and not least, Bill Clinton. So may I say, politely, and allowing for political differences etc., Sam, Go Fuck Yourself.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 03:26pm

At least he isn't a politically correct cultural Marxist social justice warrior, at least he is not under the thumb of the globalists who want to destroy what makes us human, at least he isn't pushing the opinions and lifestyles of minority groups at the expense of the majority. He would deserve my vote just for that. I'd rather have him than a corrupt freak (who has been involved in various scandals throughout the years along with her pervert of a husband) for whom the feminists and PC freaks voted just because of the simple fact that she is a woman.

It was worth it just to see all those crying faces of people who thought she was going to win and therefore have their agendas pushed like they were the holy ten commandments.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 03:31pm

He is the lesser of 2 evils. It is the fault of the people.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 09, 03:37pm

I'd be happy to have had you vote for him if it meant you'd have taken him off our hands and had to--a situation unfortunately contrary to fact--live with the consequences. But come to think of it, his potential for wreaking havoc is now so wide-reaching--his having just acquired kingship of the world's largest playpen--that maybe you'll have to. Talk to me in a few years, and we'll see if you still feel the same way.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 09, 03:56pm

The first time as farce, the second time as farce. We live inside a giant Zucker Brothers production. There's no laugh track, but you swear you can hear one anyway.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 09, 04:22pm

Our electorate is a product of commercial brainwashing. We feel first, then try to rationalize. John Pine saw this coming, and offered the antidote way back:

"Blow up your t.v. throw away your paper
    Go to the country, build you a home
    Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try an find Jesus on your own..." Amen

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 09, 04:38pm

Yes, amen to that, Mat.

• Jerry_city_lights_books_2010.thumb
    Jerry Ratch
    Nov 09, 04:42pm

Let the Trumpian Wars begin. And ... and ...
    Omarosa for Secretary of Trash Talk!

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 09, 04:44pm

Yeats always seems to have something for times of distress, like the heralding of false prophets:

The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming ! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight; somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man
    A gaze bland and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come at last,
    Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born ?

(What a chill re-reading this gave me.)

• Jerry_city_lights_books_2010.thumb
    Jerry Ratch
    Nov 09, 04:49pm

Newsflash: Canada begins building a wall.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 05:00pm

"The first time as farce, the second time as farce. We live inside a giant Zucker Brothers production. There's no laugh track, but you swear you can hear one anyway"

Agreed.

• The_lucky_ones.thumb
    Tim G. Young
    Nov 09, 05:17pm

The nightmare is upon us. America swerved "Right' into the ditch.
    It's going to be a very LONG night.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 09, 05:35pm

" A gaze bland and pitiless as the sun..."

Sound like anyone we know?

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 05:43pm

Everyone is either left or right or up or down but we are trapped whatever the direction.

I'm an individualist and treat people according to their individuality rather than their political persuasion or what gender or social or religious group to which they claim to belong. I don't see why any particular group should be respected, respect is earned and on an individual basis.

I've never understood the clique mentality/safety among numbers doctrine. It was the way I was born.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 09, 07:26pm

The shit-for-brains apocalypse has chosen its leader. The American collapse accelerates.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 09, 07:49pm

Gary, as you well know, a country where young men walk around shooting strangers is deeply disturbed country in need of collective mental health triage. Why everyone has treated these mass shootings and some kind of normality has always been beyond my comprehension. Those acts - but not those acts alone - should have been a sign that something was wrong with us, but everyone has been in denial. Those acts were a symptom of a deep psychosis. Now the psychosis has descended down, full throttle. Some, like RD Laing, saw a psychotic break with reality as a potential positive occurrence. We shall see. But any nation that elects a celebrity as its President has clearly broken off from reality.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 08:18pm

You mean events like Sandy Hoax?

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 09, 08:35pm

Sam, please tell me you're joking. I'm really very open to a lot of things, I am, but saying that didn't happen, that those parents didn't really lose their children is, I don't know, man. I just don't know what to say to that. So I won't say anymore, I guess.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 08:45pm

I've researched it, you should research it and then make up your mind. These mass shootings are staged in order to take away the right to bear arms. It's social engineering.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 09, 08:53pm

You haven't researched anything, Sam. You've just read some conspiracy theories online. That's not research. That's buying into lurid, cheap narrative for the sake of shits and giggles. There were actual children killed. No one was acting. Those were real fathers and mothers. To say that not only did their children not die but that they didn't have children in the first place is like...I don't know. I have to go. I like you, Sam, and I don't want to say anything to offend you, so I'll just say that we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Cheers. Take care of yourself and be safe.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:01pm

What do lefties research? How do they form their views/opinions? Through CNN? Fox News?

You can't form an opinion of an event like Sandy Hoax through news reports, which is what you (like most people) have done.

How do you know actual children were killed?

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:04pm

As I have said, I have looked at it from all possible angles and have come to the conclusion that it was a hoax.

In an age where everyone's perceptions are shaped by the mass media it is hypocrisy to berate me for coming to a conclusion through alternative means. Leftists suffer from mind blindness.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:21pm

And I also object to the use of "conspiracy theorist" as slight, as if no group of people have ever conspired in the history of time.

Here's a mainstream news article on conspiracies that turned out to be true, and there is plenty more where that came from:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/05/6-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-turned-out-to-be-true-5925268/

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:28pm

Here's some more true conspiracies, including Operation Northwoods where the US considered committing terrorist attacks on US cities and blaming it on Cuba so they could wage a war against it:

http://gidy.com/shocking-16-crazy-conspiracy-theories-that-were-proved-true/?singlepage=1

• Nuclearman2_1_.thumb
    Christian Bell
    Nov 09, 09:42pm

Bullshit on the Sandy Hook conspiracy. My daughter's second grade teacher was from Newtown and knew some of the families that lost children. But I suppose the answer to that is that the conspiracy stretched so far that it even got a twentysomething second grade teacher at a small private school in Maryland too.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:44pm

claims someone I don't know from Adam

• Nuclearman2_1_.thumb
    Christian Bell
    Nov 09, 09:53pm

Well, I guess the hoax is true then!

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:56pm

So you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone that knows something is absolutely true? That's called Chinese Whispers

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 09, 09:58pm

And it is also how myths are started, so put that one in your mouth and smoke it.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 12:09am

Sam, you ought to stick to poetry, which you're damned good at. This bullshit you're spewing now is boring.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 12:31am

You lot are the bullshitters.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 12:34am

Let's call a spade a spade. Sorry but I don't suffer fools gladly.

So feel free to continue in spewing and believing your own BS :)

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 12:35am

Enjoy your Mr Trump as president, you lot deserve him.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 12:55am

Sober up, bubba. You have friends here. Wouldn't hurt to treat us with a little respect.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 01:05am

The lefties/social justice warriors have a little trantum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKffT2Ie8o

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 01:07am

Donald Trump SJW Protesters Cringe Compilation 2016 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nge-634arFE

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 01:15am
  • Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 01:33am
  • Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 10, 01:48am

SDR is an asshole. And a bigot. And a very poor poet. May death take him, soon.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 10, 01:48am

SDR is an asshole. And a bigot. And a very poor poet. May death take him, soon.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 02:34am
  • Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 02:41am

Any insult coming from cantgetahardonaway I'll take as a compliment :)

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 02:48am

You had some earned credibility here and fairly considerable tolerance. I don't believe in censorship but I'm afraid you've blown it all and more in terms of respect. I'm telling you publicly here and now that I'm asking Jurgen to review your remarks here and asking that you be removed from the site.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 02:50am

Seriously? You are the one that told me to go fuck myself and your friend Hardonaway just called me an asshole and wished my death, are you serious?

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 02:54am

Dead.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 02:56am

That's fine by me, as long as I have time to copy everything I have on this site.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 10, 03:13am

SDR is an asshole of cosmic proportions.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 03:48am

Thank you Gary.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 01:51pm

I wanted to be clear about what I'm saying. To cast doubt on the facts of Sandy Hook, and spread those doubts on the internet is an incredibly cruel thing to do to the bereft families, friends, and all the loved ones of those poor children and teachers. I can barely imagine the sickness of the mind that would perpetuate such falsehoods and spread them with such disregard for the pain they could cause to people who are suffering the pain of the worst that could possibly have happened to them. Fictionaut is the last place that should be providing a Forum for this reprehensible talk. And Samuel, you may not realize how sick you are, but if you so lack empathy that you can't see the pain you could inflict with your lies, you really need therapeutic help. Quickly.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 01:58pm

I am also asking Jurgen to expunge this entire thread so that the lies will not have any further life on this site.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 04:08pm

I concur, David.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 11, 03:31am

Do you all believe in the tooth fairy too?

• The_lucky_ones.thumb
    Tim G. Young
    Nov 11, 06:31pm

This "conversation" is over.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 12, 01:49am

The days of toxic social justice warriors having their own way are over :)

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 12, 01:54pm
  • Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Nov 12, 09:12pm

I am guilty of dismissing SDR's extremist views as the ravings of a madman. He is being irrational, willfully so, and there's little help for that--except for him to go away.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 12, 10:42pm

I think that is more than enough to justify a ban, the majority rules. I accept the ban on those grounds :)

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 12, 11:19pm

Frankly, Samuel, I don't care if you stay or go but I do hope Jurgen sees fit to purge this thread from view and whether you stay or go that you not subject the site and the rest of us, and the world at large via Fictionaut to this odious theory. Believe what you like.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 13, 12:06am

I will, as do you.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Nov 13, 08:22pm

Wow- Just wow.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 13, 11:19pm

To remind us of a prescient observation by Stephen Hawking: "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

• Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Nov 14, 01:05am

I just reread "Because" and left this comment. From my heart.

Samuel Derrick Rosen,
    I still love this poem.
    Dianne

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 21, 04:09pm

Wise and brave of you, Dianne, for after all else it's the writing that matters.

• Photo.thumb
    Adam Sifre
    Nov 21, 06:32pm

IT'S A COOKBOOK!
    IT'S A COOKBOOK!

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 22, 10:30pm

Thinking it a fairly minor aberration of a few deluded souls with internet access, I didn't realize when I first objected to Samuel's remarks about Sandy Hook, that the "hoax" thesis originated with a right-wing conspiracy theorist with axes galore to grind named Alex Jones who has a radio show in Texas( Figures.) and a web-site called "Infowars." Jones, not incidentally, is a prominent Trump supporter on whose radio show our esteemed President-elect has appeared.

An article entitled "Why Won't Trump denounce The Sandy Hook Deniers?" by William Finnegan in today's "New Yorker," blog gives a fairly complete look at the virulent reach of this theory and how much pain it is causing and has caused to the families of victims.

From the article: " Jones...has repeatedly argued that the mass killing at Sandy Hook was a hoax, that it was staged by the government and performed by paid actors. Jones and his many fans contend that the government has orchestrated a number of mass killings and national tragedies...but their Sandy Hook denial has a particular cruelty. They actually seem to make special efforts to torment the bereaved."

The article goes on to report a number of instances where supporters of this theory have gone out of their way to direct personal verbal attacks at bereaved family members. I struggle to find words to underline how unconscionable this is.

Furthermore it is clearly purposeful, an attempt by gun rights advocates to discredit events that suggest that some gun owners are raving lunatics, lest their precious "2nd amendment rights" be reasonably called into question.

I regret that Samuel has let himself be duped into disseminating these despicable allegations. And I regret even more that they have appeared here, which seems to make us all complicit. Trump may be reluctant to denounce this evil business, but we shouldn't be.

( You can find the article here.) http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/why-wont-donald-trump-denounce-sandy-hook-deniers?

• You must log in to reply to this thread.