Forum / New MadHat Crew/ New MadHat Madness/ Starting Oct. 1

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Sep 28, 10:46pm

We're in the process of renewal and redecoration and Publisher and Executive Editor Marc Vincenz and I have invited some top-notch writers/editors to join our MadHat crew. Beginning October 1, Carol Reid will be our new Fiction Editor, Sandy Barnett Ebner, our new CNF Editor, Cynthia Atkins, our new Associate Poetry Editor, and last, but certainly not least, Michael Gillan Maxwell will be our "Drive-By Reviews" Editor. MadHat will reopen for submissions for the weekly MadHat Lit and Drive-By Reviews Oct. 1 and for the Annual shortly thereafter with Joani Reese as Fiction Editor, Larissa Shmailo as Poetry Editor, Sandy Ebner helming CNF, and Michael Maxwell our small press reviews. Editor Alexander Cigale will be accepting translations. Please save us some of your most beautiful babies. We look forward to reading your work. MadHat--Let the MADNESS begin!

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Sep 28, 11:09pm

I'm guessing this is a new lit mag?

Joani Reese
    Sep 28, 11:21pm

Been in existence for over a decade, Matt. Carol Novack began MadHatter's Review many years ago. We carry on her vision in her name.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 29, 09:30pm

Looking forward to it.

Joani Reese
    Sep 29, 10:46pm

Send us something good, Sam. That means you can send just about anything you write ;)

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Sep 29, 11:12pm

Congrats, all.

Joani Reese
    Sep 29, 11:19pm

Thanks, James. I do hope to see some of your fine work tossed over the transom.

Joani Reese
    Sep 30, 10:42pm

Submissions will open now on Oct. 3. Hope you all send us something good.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Sep 30, 11:55pm

Day planner open, a period is scheduled Oct. 1-3. Mine became more often before they stopped on a Welfare schedule. Math 64, Verbal 62, composite score 190, PSAT, 1978.

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Oct 05, 09:58am

Fantastic to see this here. I saw it in FB too. Lovely news. Congrats, all!

Joani Reese
    Oct 06, 10:38pm

We have fiction and poetry flooding in. We'd love to read some CNF as well. Make Sandy Barnett-Ebner's day and send her something good. Thanks! https://madhatter.submittable.com/submit/35401

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Oct 06, 10:48pm

What a great line-up for the revitalized MadHat crew!!! Congrats to you Joani, Michael, Carol and the others!

• Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Oct 06, 10:48pm

Yes, send me some mad CNF!

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 07, 06:08pm

Wonderful and more wonderful!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.