Forum / Congratulations to Fictionaut Finalists of the Thirteenth Glass Woman Prize

• Beate_close-up-0334_copy_(1).thumb
    Beate Sigriddaughter
    May 02, 06:48am

The finalists for the Thirteenth Glass Woman Prize include stories by several Fictionaut members: Michelle Elvy's story "Wanderer," Gloria Garfunkel's story "Ilonka's Hagaddah," Tawnysha Greene's story "Tongues," Rosanne Griffeth's story "The Cancer Woman's Beautiful Daughters," Jen Knox's story "Getting There," Joani Reese's story "Almonds," and Lilia Souzay's story "Here I Am."

All but Michelle Elvy's story "Wanderer" and Rosanne Griffeth's story "The Cancer Woman's Beautiful Daughters" are currently available for your reading pleasure right here on Fictionaut. Michelle Elvy's story is posted on the Glass Woman Prize web page, http://www.sigriddaughter.com/GlassWomanPrize.htm, and other writing by Michelle Elvy and Rosanne Griffeth is posted on Fictionaut.

These are remarkable stories. Check them out when you get a chance!

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    May 02, 04:06pm

Big congratulations to all, and a bow with a flourish to Beate for recognizing these women and honoring them in this way.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    May 02, 05:05pm

Congrats to all! And I add my thanks to Beate for supporting women's writing and sharing this with us. I'm looking forward to reading all of the finalists. Bravo!

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    May 02, 08:08pm

Beate, you are an amazing woman. I'm so honored.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    May 02, 08:38pm

Thank you for including my piece with so many great stories, Beate. All of them are amazing. Thank you for your unwavering support of women's writing.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 02, 08:40pm

The GWP never fails to deliver outstanding works. These are wonderful reads, Beate.

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    May 02, 11:40pm

Saw this via Twitter. Congratulations to all the awesome women writers and thanks to Beate, for doing this every year and recognizing great work.

• Jen14.thumb
    Jen Knox
    May 02, 11:44pm

I'm honored, Beate. Thank you, and thank you for introducing me to so many amazing stories I might have otherwise missed. All of it is such a gift.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    May 02, 11:52pm

A stellar list, congrats to all.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    May 04, 03:17am

Great stories all! You are so great for doing this every year, Beate! Congrats everyone!

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    May 05, 12:50am

Wonderful stories, wonderful writers. And I totally agree with Robert Vaughan, what you have done, Beate, is an amazing contribution to literary fiction.

• Facebook.thumb
    John Riley
    May 05, 02:47pm

Congratulations to everyone. A fine selection of stories.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    May 06, 04:33am

Congratulations. It is especially terrific that entries are housed here at Fictionaut. Cheers!

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    May 06, 04:39am

The Glass Woman mission and statement and history are fully inspiring. Thanks, Beate.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.