Forum / Spring Issue of JMWW

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 28, 12:58am

I am pleased to have three flash pieces in the spring issue of JMWW. Special thanks to Robert Vaughan, Michael Gillan Maxwell, and Jen Michalski for liking and promoting my work. You three rock! There are also some great stories from Jen Knox, Jules Archer, Tara Laskowksi, and Len Kuntz. http://jmww.150m.com/Reese1.html

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Mar 28, 01:34am

Bravo, Joanie... three brilliantly polished razors that cut this reader's psyche so neatly... he never noticed the little red pool gather at his feet.

You need to write a novel

Joani Reese
    Mar 28, 01:50am

Thanks JLD-- Your praise means a lot to me. Don't think there's a novel in my head, though. It's too scary to contemplate, and I'm basically a coward, but thanks for believing I could...

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Mar 28, 02:25am

Three strong pieces, Joani. Especially connect with We All Fall Down. Congratulations.

Joani Reese
    Mar 28, 02:28am

You know, Sam, when I first wrote that piece, I let the guy die, then I realized life isn't that neat. It has way too many ironies and a lack of cleanliness, so I left him a helpless failure instead. That's more likely to happen, isn't it? Thanks for the read.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Mar 28, 02:37am

You made the right choice.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Mar 28, 02:58am

Hey there, Joanie! Haven't been here in a long, long time, but I wanted to check in to see what was going on and you sent me to your stories and holy cow: "Burdened tugs scud the muddy river. Gulls hover above, dive for crumbs. Tomorrow, the delta will flood"

My head-ball and my tongue (that whispers what I read sometimes) are both happy. Congratulations!!!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 28, 03:48am

Joani, I am so thrilled that you sent these three amazing pieces to me at JMWW. I was blown away by them the first read through, and then again, the second, third, fourth and so on and so on...your work inspires me. It's an honor to have it in this great spring issue. Thanks again.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 28, 05:14am

Stunning pieces. Models of how to write well. I loved them all. So sensual and specific in the details.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Mar 28, 08:46pm

Thanks!

Joani Reese
    Mar 28, 09:24pm

Been at work since 7:00 am. Just got home to read all these lovely comments. Thanks everyone for the read. I appreciate it. Kate-- love that your "head-ball" liked my alliterative play.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Mar 29, 12:46am

All good, but I thought Rialto's al Fresco was outstanding.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Mar 30, 10:23am

Gorgeous stories Joani! So glad to see you and a host of others at JMWW. Peace...

Joani Reese
    Mar 30, 07:16pm

Thanks Sally and Linda. I am pleased to have work included with so many other writers I admire.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.