Forum / Micro Muse Monday

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 10, 03:47am

I am experimenting with kicking off a new website to encourage the writing of microfiction up to 500 words. It's called Micro Muse Monday and you are encouraged to contribute: http://micromonday.blogspot.com/
    No prizes. No balloons. No clowns. Just stories (well, maybe clowns).

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 10, 04:08pm

If you've had experience running a project like this, any and all advice is welcome, unless you'd rather not talk about it.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 11, 01:55pm

My blog will offer the choice of a verbal and visual prompt (or both) each week. It will have to be a little different to succeed at all. You have to come by to at least look at the initial photo. I'm hoping it will build up slowly like the groups. Flash fiction friday still seems to be going with one blogger.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 11, 07:14pm

Changed my mind. Fuck the project. Just trying to avoid my own writing and the fact that my husband was diagnosed with a virulent form of bone cancer a few weeks ago and is in chemo. I don't know how to live without him. I don't want him to suffer. I don't want my sons to lose their dad.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 12, 01:06am

Gloria-- I am so sorry. No one deserves the horrible circumstances you have endured. I hope your husband overcomes this frightening diagnosis, and I wish for you strength.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Feb 12, 01:12am

My neighbor was diagnosed with 'bone cancer' four years ago. Lost his leg. Kept his life. Chemo was hell (he said). But he's still here.

All the best.

• Img_1646.thumb
    Martha Rand
    Feb 12, 02:05am

Wishing you and your husband much support.

• Letitia_coyne.thumb
    Letitia Coyne
    Feb 12, 03:26am

Thinking of you both with love.

Lxx

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Feb 12, 03:26am

Prayers and wishes for overcoming this latest trial with recovered strength and good health.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 12, 04:04am

You all have such big hearts. Thank you for sharing them with me. I can feel it. I'm such an avoider, but opening up is so much healthier and connecting.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 12, 04:14am

It's actually a bone marrow cancer. He is producing cancerous blood cells that are crowding out the healthy cells. He may have a stem cell transplant in July and then be in social isolation for a year with no immune system if he makes it past the first three months whatever that means. It's a condition related to leukemia. We haven't found a stem cell match yet. My younger son is graduating college and hopes his dad can be there. It's called Myelodystplastic syndrome and there are many different types with different life spans. It's all extremely scary and sickening. Writing is solace..

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 12, 04:17am

He's already on his third round of chemo. He's weak but ok wit it.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Feb 12, 03:11pm

Oh, heck. Hang in there, girl.

• Dscf4986.thumb
    Andrew Stancek
    Feb 12, 04:28pm

Sending much positive energy.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Feb 12, 04:39pm

I feel all your caring. Thank you so much.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.