Forum / Poem in Your Pocket Day -- JP Reese

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Apr 26, 01:30pm

Today celebrates poetry with Poem-in-Your-Pocket, a day to celebrate one poem with friends, family, students, strangers, would-be-friends.

The poem I chose is MIDLIFE by JP Reese, and she graced my blog with answers to 3 questions about the poem and poem-ing in general. Please take a peek: http://linda-leftbrainwrite.blogspot.com/2012/04/midlife-summer-disappeared-too-quickly.html

Peace...

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Apr 26, 01:39pm

This was a great poem and interview about the poem. I really enjoyed it!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Apr 26, 05:31pm

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Linda, and thank you for making "Midlife" your poem in a pocket. That's great!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Apr 26, 08:50pm

I love your poem, JP.

And so did everyone I spouted it to. I read this to my students at seminar, and several requested copies. I hope they buy your chap.

The best of all was getting your very articulate take on the history of this poem, and how it came to be. Understanding the 'behinds' of posms makes them more accessible, me thinks.

Thank you! Happy poeming, and peace...

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Apr 26, 09:18pm

It makes me happy beyond belief to know that Joani's poem is seeing the light of even more "day" at Left Brain Write (I also re-adujusted my HUMP day post to add this into the mix, it is so great!). Poetry, conversation about craft, two great writers= nirvana! Thanks so much for this, Linda! I feel so honored we get to "edit together" and more!

Joani Reese
    Apr 26, 11:17pm

Linda-- Reading "Midlife" to your students and knowing they gave it a positive response made my week. Thank you!

Robert-- You are the nicest person. Thanks!

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Apr 27, 02:44pm

One of the best poems I've read all year.

Joani Reese
    Apr 27, 03:26pm

Matthew-- THANK YOU. Your kind words just added more goodness to my already fine week. I appreciate your response to the poem.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Apr 28, 01:50am

Strong imagery in "Midlife" -

"Each evening,
    we speak with bright razors
    stashed beneath our tongues"

Good poem. Enjoyed the read.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.