Forum / Irene

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Aug 27, 01:34pm

Well, it didn't wobble overnight, the way I'd hoped it would. We are still smack in the middle of the projected path, right where the Milford hurricane hit in '38. This morning, we're going to finish securing the beach house as well as we can, and then skedaddle to a condo about a mile from shore.

Fasten your seatbelts, folks, it's going to be a bumpy night! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Aug 27, 01:37pm

I woke thinking about all you Easterners, and I hope you ride out the storm without a scratch. Stay safe.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Aug 27, 02:13pm

Be safe, Bill. I know what you're going through. I used to live on the Outer Banks.

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Aug 27, 04:31pm

Good luck to you all.

• Me.thumb
    Foster Trecost
    Aug 27, 05:53pm

I thought I left hurricanes behind when I left New Orleans. Holding on in Philly. fos.

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Aug 27, 06:11pm

I've never experienced anything like it. Looks terrifying. Keep safe, Bill, and anyone else in Irene's path.

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Aug 29, 12:27pm

There was a blue plastic kickball on my yard that rolled there from the house across the street. It was next to a light post on the right side of my front yard. During the course of Hurricane Irene night, it rolled approximately 10 feet across my yard and ended up next to a small dogwood.

Other than that, and the hummingbird that went without food on Saturday, we sustained no damage.

We were, we are fortunate. Hope everyone else fared as well!

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    Aug 29, 01:55pm

irene was something of a fizzle on cape ann massachusetts. but it was not a fizzle everywhere. hope all are faring well.

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Aug 29, 03:45pm

It was nothing in Boston. Just a few trees down. I was hoping for a better storm. My sister did ok in NC, thankfully.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.