PDF

Luck - By Design ?


by Gyanban


The bike sped, she almost gasped for breath.

He was in no mood to listen, kept on dodging cars and bikes along the way.

‘Please slow down I am feeling scared' she said.

‘Nothing can stop us darling, we are going all the way' he said.

Lara Khan & Chris D' Souza eloped that night.



----------


They'd met by sheer accident.

Torrential rain & a deserted bungalow were the perfect catalysts.

‘You shouldn't be alone at this hour' Kurt whispered.

‘It's not by design' Ursula murmured.

There was instant combustion; lips devoured the different contours hungrily.

7 years & 2 miscarriages later, the water bag burst one more time…



----------


‘The helmet strap is hurting' Chris shouted.

‘Let me take it out for you' Lara offered.

‘Hang in there honey, hospital is around the corner' Karthik shouted nervously.

‘I will' Ursula said calmly.

Kurt turned to look ahead —shocked.

Chris looked at her, one last time — wearing the helmet.

He knew the brakes had failed.

----------




    Gyanban Thoughts — we often ask why is life sometimes so cruel ? Unfortunately we rarely or never get the answers. This 55 fiction is about 4 characters, in different backgrounds meeting by chance, by accident…

    Notice the first letters of each character is by design , forming the word LUCK. Hence the title Luck by design, which in itself is an oxymoron…much like life isn't it?

    Chris' speeding the bike was not by design, he realized the brakes had failed and was trying to dodge his way to a halt, yet being night time it was difficult.

    Ursula knew her baby had gone with the burst of the water bag, but remained calm, because she could not bear to break the news to the nervous Kurt, she thought the doctor would be a better bet — and this was by design.

    Endcap